• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I hope watching the playoffs puts everything in perspective

Joker

You know what, I am wrong. Josh Smith is statically our number #1 option but no one respect his offense so Joe is still #1 by default.

Squrs and Thunder- Real Basketball

Manu is schooling Harden.

Great first game. TD was the best player from the standpoint that he cut everything off from the dribble drive to creating space for his teammates on offense. I swear no one has TD impact on the game. Anyway, Manu did a good job and TP was a nightmare for Westbrook but their team defense is really good. Durant lack of speed makes it hard sometimes. I really think they should be running off ball screens for Durant like Ray Allen but Westbrook can't run an offense. OKC is a far more talented current version of the Atlanta Hawks with good fits. Perkins is so useless in this series. He might have been just as important as Westbrook v. the Lakers.

The best PG and superstar PG on the planet got swept. The 2nd Nash and 3rd Deron did not even make the playoffs. Tim Duncan is still Tim Duncan on the defensive end. Garnett is still Garnett. Indy is giving two HOF players a run for their money because of some big dude named Hibbert. OKC is rock solid and they have a awesome frontline rotation.Rebounding and D win championships. Nah....I already knew this.

As much as people love Nash, he hasn't got the team over the hump. And of course he has been a good playoff performer over the course of his career, but the pure PG hasn't held up as far as being the path to the title is concerned.
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Great first game. TD was the best player from the standpoint that he cut everything off from the dribble drive to creating space for his teammates on offense. I swear no one has TD impact on the game. Anyway, Manu did a good job and TP was a nightmare for Westbrook but their team defense is really good. Durant lack of speed makes it hard sometimes. I really think they should be running off ball screens for Durant like Ray Allen but Westbrook can't run an offense. OKC is a far more talented current version of the Atlanta Hawks with good fits. Perkins is so useless in this series. He might have been just as important as Westbrook v. the Lakers.

Well Scout. Practically, OKC is very similar to Atlanta. Just like us they are a jump shooting team at heart. They have great spot up shooters and they take advantage of that and Westbrook is the slasher we envision Teague of being. However, they lack an inside presence on the offensive side of the ball. Championship caliber teams have this. Not a pseudo presence, a real presence. I still think that OKC can win because Westbrook is just a different dude but their flaws are what they are. The same as ours.

Quit calling me scout. Call me nbasuperstar40 or supes or don't reference me at all.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

As much as people love Nash, he hasn't got the team over the hump. And of course he has been a good playoff performer over the course of his career, but the pure PG hasn't held up as far as being the path to the title is concerned.

A great PG can help you get there but even Magic needed Kareem for the bulk of his playoff victories. I kind of like the way Sund use to draft when he was in Seattle. Getting a starting caliber big man in the draft is like shooting craps, the more you play the better your chance of hitting.Sund kept drafting bigs in Seattle, he just never got one to stick. Edited by Buzzard

A great PG can help you get there but even Magic needed Kareem for the bulk of his playoff victories. I kind of like the way Sund use to draft when he was in Seattle. Getting a starting caliber big man in the draft is like shooting craps, the more you play the better your chance of hitting.Sund kept drafting bigs in Seattle, he just never got one to stick.

He kept taking projects that never panned out. Sene and Robert Swift stand out.

Sund kept drafting bigs in Seattle, he just never got one to stick.

He had a quality team with Ray Allen and R. Lewis both in their primes. Danny Fortson was also in his prime snagging like 13 rpg. That team had 1 hole at the center position. Rick Sund reached to fill that hole with no luck.Of course scouting was much tougher in the days of highschool players being eligible. One of the mistakes on R. Swift would not be made today. Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

Robert Swift to be fair was always hurt and it cost him has career. Sene was so raw that it was a blind gamble either way. Wasn't Sene in the same draft as Pat O'Brien or whatever his name was that the Warriors took?

He had a quality team with Ray Allen and R. Lewis both in their primes. Danny Fortson was also in his prime snagging like 13 rpg. That team had 1 hole at the center position. Rick Sund reached to fill that hole with no luck.

Fortson was Millsap like but Millsap has more offense than Fortson did.Swift had terrible BBIQ and had terrible feel for the game. That's why I worry about taking Andre Drummond. The only thing he seems NBA ready at is the PnR. That's it from a skills perspective. Comparing him to Dwight is crazy in my opinion because Dwight was a good NBA basketball player even in HS, he didn't have lethargic HS or college games like AD.