• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

DONT TRADE JOSH! START HIM AT THE 3!

LastDon

I think it would be a huge mistake to trade a player in Smith who hasn't reached his full potential..His jumpshot has shown through the course of a 60 plus game season that it is consistent enough to handle being exclusively at the 3..playing at the 3 would also give Smith an absolute advantage in post up situations..With Smith liking to handle the ball so much it under utilizes teague ballhandling having Smith and a 3 on the floor at the same time..He plays like a 3 might as well make the move to the position full time..Keep the core in tact and add a guy like Lamar Odom and this big lineup would be more effective then the Twin lineup..Pg TeagueSg JoeSf SmoothPf OdomC Horford6th marvin7th Pargo8th Za ZaKeep the core in tact we aren't that far away...

• Premium Member

I think it would be a huge mistake to trade a player in Smith who hasn't reached his full potential..His jumpshot has shown through the course of a 60 plus game season that it is consistent enough to handle being exclusively at the 3..playing at the 3 would also give Smith an absolute advantage in post up situations..With Smith liking to handle the ball so much it under utilizes teague ballhandling having Smith and a 3 on the floor at the same time..He plays like a 3 might as well make the move to the position full time..Keep the core in tact and add a guy like Lamar Odom and this big lineup would be more effective then the Twin lineup..Pg TeagueSg JoeSf SmoothPf OdomC Horford6th marvin7th Pargo8th Za ZaKeep the core in tact we aren't that far away...

So what do you do when he walks for nothing after next season? You do know that WILL happen if the Hawks don't trade him right?
  • Like 1

Josh would be the best 3 we have had since Nique..His game has grown and its time to move him to his projected position coming out HS..The only changes I would like the hawks to make is go to a more convential lineup and that lineup should include Smith who in my opinion should be a 2 time allstar..It would be naive to trade another player entering his prime for little or nothing..The organization already made a huge mistake once trading Jet Terry who would've been an excellent compliment to Joe and we wouldn't have never had to go through the T lue/Law years

So what do you do when he walks for nothing after next season? You do know that WILL happen if the Hawks don't trade him right?

People seem to forget that this situation is no different from the Joe situation..regardless Smith is going to get a good offer from some team so we just have to man up and pay our young stud..which want hurt because soon Marvin will be either off the books or playing for a significantly reduced rate..Hinrich is already off the books..just man up and pay our young stud..He deserves a rudy gay like contract 6yrs 72 million..

• Premium Member

Josh would be the best 3 we have had since Nique..His game has grown and its time to move him to his projected position coming out HS..The only changes I would like the hawks to make is go to a more convential lineup and that lineup should include Smith who in my opinion should be a 2 time allstar..It would be naive to trade another player entering his prime for little or nothing..The organization already made a huge mistake once trading Jet Terry who would've been an excellent compliment to Joe and we wouldn't have never had to go through the T lue/Law years

Smith the best three since Nique? No sir. I agree he's not a true 4, but let's not get carried away.It sounds like you're more of a Smith fan than a Hawks fan. There is nothing niave about trading a guy who doesn't want to be here. Any trade for Smith will no doubt net the Hawks coveted and talented players. Again I ask you, what do you do when Josh walks after next season for nothing because that's what he WILL do if not traded.

• Premium Member

People seem to forget that this situation is no different from the Joe situation..regardless Smith is going to get a good offer from some team so we just have to man up and pay our young stud..which want hurt because soon Marvin will be either off the books or playing for a significantly reduced rate..Hinrich is already off the books..just man up and pay our young stud..He deserves a rudy gay like contract 6yrs 72 million..

It's very different from the Joe situation because Joe NEVER requested a trade. Furthermore, it doesn't matter how much you offer. He's unrestricted. He will leave for nothing.

• Premium Member

Nobody can offer Smith more yrs than anyone and its a good bargaining chip..No team will outbid us for smith services and he should no his contract range is along the lines of Rudy Gay/Marc Gasol

You don't seem to get that it's not just about the money. He doesn't want to play here. Point, blank, period. Trade him now.

Smith the best three since Nique? No sir. I agree he's not a true 4, but let's not get carried away.It sounds like you're more of a Smith fan than a Hawks fan. There is nothing niave about trading a guy who doesn't want to be here. Any trade for Smith will no doubt net the Hawks coveted and talented players. Again I ask you, what do you do when Josh walks after next season for nothing because that's what he WILL do if not traded.

Ty Corbin?? Chris Crawford?? Al Harrington?? Marvin Williams??! Please!! No your hawk history young man..

• Premium Member

Ty Corbin?? Chris Crawford?? Al Harrington?? Marvin Williams??! Please!! No your hawk history young man..

Lol. Being better than those guys doesn't say alot. Do you think he'd be better than Kukoc offensively? I don't.

On the defensive side, he will get abused trying to guard other SF's, Josh does not have good lateral quickness, he will get lost on screens, and he will not close out on them on the perimter.

You don't seem to get that it's not just about the money. He doesn't want to play here. Point, blank, period. Trade him now.

You don't know that. You can imply he's unhappy with his contract situation, but Josh has never said he wants out of Atlanta and denied the trade request rumor.

• Premium Member

You don't know that. You can imply he's unhappy with his contract situation, but Josh has never said he wants out of Atlanta and denied the trade request rumor.

Lol, he denied it? You mean like Marvin did earlier this year? I must have missed that.We've seen this story before with James, Paul, Williams, Howard, Anthony, etc... Yet, some want to believe Josh is sooo different. I guess you gotta get burned before you realize the iron is hot. Edited by Jody23

Josh Smith is a victim of his past..All the talk about he can't guard 3s his jump shot isn't consistent enough..this were things that were the case 3 years ago..Smith began reachin his potential 2 seasons..last season he played good and this season he was even better..if anyone look at this guy and don't see that his game has gotten better and there is still a celing that could be reached is a foolish person..Smith is a bargain and it would be a highway robery to give him away after goin through all of the growing pains...our future is still brite and than fanbase is tryin its best to f*** it up..

• Premium Member

I think it would be a huge mistake to trade a player in Smith who hasn't reached his full potential..His jumpshot has shown through the course of a 60 plus game season that it is consistent enough to handle being exclusively at the 3..playing at the 3 would also give Smith an absolute advantage in post up situations..

Posted Image

You do realize his TS% was in an all-time low this season, don't you? And you want MORE?

Just because Smith is at the 3 doesn't mean he has to shoot jumpshot exclusively...he could still be used in pick and roll and postup situation..and as far as the jumpshot I like what I saw in Smith for 18 feet...josh can still go to the offensive glass and fill the lanes on the break..

Lol, he denied it? You mean like Marvin did earlier this year? I must have missed that.We've seen this story before with James, Paul, Williams, Howard, Anthony, etc... Yet, some want to believe Josh is sooo different. I guess you gotta get burned before you realize the iron is hot.

Speculation isn't fact.