• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

DONT TRADE JOSH! START HIM AT THE 3!

LastDon

• Premium Member

I can't believe someone seriously wants Smoove moved to small forward and actually encouraged to take more long jump shots. What's next, ask Shaq to come back to play point guard for us? That makes as much sense.

• Moderators

You seriously believe his jump shot is consistent now???

Give him credit. He didn't say consistently good. Seems pretty darn consistent to me. You get the same result a little under 70% of the time.
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Dude, just give it up... Either we trade Smith in the offseason and get value, trade him at the deadline and get something, or we don't trade him, he signs with Brooklyn, and we get nothing. He isn't going to stay. That is fact. He has wanted out of this ownership group and nonchalant fanbase for years. How he exits Atlanta is up to the front office. I'd rather have a S&T Gerald Wallace or Brook Lopez for the next 3-4 years and stay competitive than to see Smith walk and we become a midrange lottery team.

• Like 1

Heck . . you might as well say that Smith is ALREADY playing SF.

Josh took a whopping 499 shots from 16+ feet during the regular season. 109 of those shots were 3 pointers. Under Drew, Josh has taken

460 shots from 16+ feet in 2011

499 shots from 16+ feet in 2012

If you add the regular season AND playoffs

526 shots from 16+ feet in 2011

543 shots from 16+ feet in 2012

LOL . . that's 1,069 shots from 16+ feet in 2 years . . with Josh playing the 4. What do you think will happen if he plays the 3? He's going to post up more . . or he's going to jack up more jumpers?

The ONLY way I would be content with Josh playing the 3, is if he accepted a "point forward" role on the team . . you bring in a PF that will crash the offensive boards and rebound missed jumpers . . and if you got Joe Johnson out of here.

Because there's no way we can continue to have Josh and Joe taking the same type of shots. That's why this team stays so out of balance. I just don't buy this notion that Josh is going to reform his game into this post up demon if he played the 3. Woody tried his best to purge the jumpshot from his game, but under Drew, he's shooting more jumpers than ever. I don't see him ( or Drew ), limiting the amount of jumpers he'll take, regardless of where he plays on the floor.

Edited by northcyde

Heck . . you might as well say that Smith is ALREADY playing SF.

Josh took a whopping 499 shots from 16+ feet during the regular season. 109 of those shots were 3 pointers. Under Drew, Josh has taken

460 shots from 16+ feet in 2011

499 shots from 16+ feet in 2012

If you add the regular season AND playoffs

526 shots from 16+ feet in 2011

543 shots from 16+ feet in 2012

LOL . . that's 1,069 shots from 16+ feet in 2 years . . with Josh playing the 4. What do you think will happen if he plays the 3? He's going to post up more . . or he's going to jack up more jumpers?

The ONLY way I would be content with Josh playing the 3, is if he accepted a "point forward" role on the team . . you bring in a PF that will crash the offensive boards and rebound missed jumpers . . and if you got Joe Johnson out of here.

Because there's no way we can continue to have Josh and Joe taking the same type of shots. That's why this team stays so out of balance. I just don't buy this notion that Josh is going to reform his game into this post up demon if he played the 3. Woody tried his best to purge the jumpshot from his game, but under Drew, he's shooting more jumpers than ever. I don't see him ( or Drew ), limiting the amount of jumpers he'll take, regardless of where he plays on the floor.

To added to this, those 2012 number would been very much higher if they played a full 82 games season, so Josh as a 3 no-no

To added to this, those 2012 number would been very much higher if they played a full 82 games season, so Josh as a 3 no-no

499 shots from 16+ feet / 66 games = 7.56 shots per game from that range

7.56 * 82 games = 620 shots from 16+ feet

To me, that's almost grounds for Larry Drew to be fired. That's your PF taking all of those shots from that range. Completely unacceptable. Drew doesn't have the backbone as a coach to tell Josh to stop taking that shot. Probably because he knows that if Josh can't play the way he wants to play, it will affect other aspects of his game. Forget playing the way that might be good for the team, it's all about how Josh wants to play, and not upsetting him too much.

• Like 1

To me, that's almost grounds for Larry Drew to be fired. That's your PF taking all of those shots from that range. Completely unacceptable. Drew doesn't have the backbone as a coach to tell Josh to stop taking that shot. Probably because he knows that if Josh can't play the way he wants to play, it will affect other aspects of his game. Forget playing the way that might be good for the team, it's all about how Josh wants to play, and not upsetting him too much.

Well since the coach is not being fired then I hope its Josh Smith leaving.

All I know is that I cannot bare seeing us play this way anymore on offense. Maybe another coach can make a zebra change their stripes but we know Drew can't with this zebra.

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

That is why I wanted Drew replaced.

That's ridiculousYes, if you limit the shots he won't do his good stuff because he won't be happy, but you cant let him keep wasting 7 possessions per gameAnd he is only hurting al and Jeff and others with his selfish offenseAnd we can't resign him even if he wanted to because we would be even further in luxury territoryHe must must must must must be traded this summer