• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Josh and Gasol

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

Dude may bring the ball up two times per game. How in the world is that holding Jeffery back? You guys are really going overboard with this Josh Smith agenda. What's the deal here?

• Like 1

Dude may bring the ball up two times per game. How in the world is that holding Jeffery back? You guys are really going overboard with this Josh Smith agenda. What's the deal here?

Horf, Teague, JJ, ZaZa, Marvin shot down his rumor quick and to the point, have never demanded a trade we know of. So you take the player who says he wants out and you help him pack his bags. That is the agenda and I hope Sund is helping him pack as we post.

L

O

L

At only brings the ball up 2x/game

Thanks, I needed a good hard laugh

I think he may be talking about only the times he brings it up and also turns the ball over .Posted Image

Team Insanity. Bash Josh at all cause, make him look like a scrub and praise Gasol like he's Wilt. The insane agenda.north, Jeff is not a PG, nothing will change that. Just like Westbrook isn't but Russell is a thousand times better than Jeff.

• Premium Member

Team Insanity. Bash Josh at all cause, make him look like a scrub and praise Gasol like he's Wilt. The insane agenda.north, Jeff is not a PG, nothing will change that. Just like Westbrook isn't but Russell is a thousand times better than Jeff.

Speaking of agenda......I don't think anybody has praised Gasol like he's Wilt. Like I said before, his skillset fits our need and so does his contract.That may be too much for you to understand....Sorry.

There will be other All-Stars coming out of this draft. The challenge is identifying which ones will reach stardom.

Tyler will be one in a couple of years provided there are no more D12s drafted anytime soon. I can see him being the 2nd or 3rd center real soon. If he is taken by a EC team you can consider it a done deal.

Team Insanity. Bash Josh at all cause, make him look like a scrub and praise Gasol like he's Wilt. The insane agenda.

He is not Wilt but he will be in the HOF. What is wrong with wanting a HOF over a never been a all-star player? Not wanting Gasol just because Josh is a home town player is insanity IMO. Not the other way around.Could you imagine the hoopla if the Braves would have traded Dale Murphy or Hank Aaron for Ray Knight just because Ray was from Georgia?

• Premium Member

I think there would probably be interest from both the Lakers and Hawks in this deal. However, I can see the Lakers wanting ZaZa in the deal and the Hawks saying no and I can see the Hawks insisting they take Marvin in the deal and the Lakers resisting that.

• Premium Member

Tyler will be one in a couple of years provided there are no more D12s drafted anytime soon. I can see him being the 2nd or 3rd center real soon. If he is taken by a EC team you can consider it a done deal.

Maybe his brother but not him.He's too soft right now. He may pull a Laettner like career.

• Premium Member

I think there would probably be interest from both the Lakers and Hawks in this deal. However, I can see the Lakers wanting ZaZa in the deal and the Hawks saying no and I can see the Hawks insisting they take Marvin in the deal and the Lakers resisting that.

I think if the deal is straight up: Gasol/Eyenga for Josh/Marvin it goes. They may not go for my 2013 first from LAL addendum but right now the Lakers wants out of Gasol's contract. Kobe and Gasol are supposedly fighting. Gasol is blamed by the city for their downfall and Mike Brown has already established Bynum as his low post guy. Josh will add the defense the Lakers need and Marvin is a good young piece to replace Meta.

• Premium Member

I think if the deal is straight up: Gasol/Eyenga for Josh/Marvin it goes. They may not go for my 2013 first from LAL addendum but right now the Lakers wants out of Gasol's contract. Kobe and Gasol are supposedly fighting. Gasol is blamed by the city for their downfall and Mike Brown has already established Bynum as his low post guy. Josh will add the defense the Lakers need and Marvin is a good young piece to replace Meta.

The only thing about Marvin is his contract. I think the Lakers will be reluctant because of the player option he has.

Maybe his brother but not him.He's too soft right now. He may pull a Laettner like career.

Better inside scorer than Bogut but not quite the rebounder or the outside shot. I like Tyler a lot for being a steady but not flashy center for years to come.A very safe pick IMO.

• Premium Member

Better inside scorer than Bogut but not quite the rebounder or the outside shot. I like Tyler a lot for being a steady but not flashy center for years to come.A very safe pick IMO.

He reminds me of Tyler Hansborough with the right size. I know that's almost cliche' but I have far more faith in hs brother (if he can get the same size). The Hansbrough comparison comes from the motor. These guys run up and down the court... constantly.... I think Hansbrough was better but Zeller has the size you want at C. The problem for both is that neither has a refined post game and because it's always run and gun with UNC, who knows what kind of shot Zeller has outside of 10 feet.So having unrefined low post and unknown midrange, it's hard to put trust in him BUT... I like his size a lot and his motor. He even rebounds OK but on that level, his rebounding numbers should be better than Landlord's were.

He reminds me of Tyler Hansborough with the right size. I know that's almost cliche' but I have far more faith in hs brother (if he can get the same size). The Hansbrough comparison comes from the motor. These guys run up and down the court... constantly.... I think Hansbrough was better but Zeller has the size you want at C. The problem for both is that neither has a refined post game and because it's always run and gun with UNC, who knows what kind of shot Zeller has outside of 10 feet.So having unrefined low post and unknown midrange, it's hard to put trust in him BUT... I like his size a lot and his motor. He even rebounds OK but on that level, his rebounding numbers should be better than Landlord's were.

You are right about motor and size but his inside scoring is his strength. Most are projecting him to be better offensively in the post than at rebounding.

• Premium Member

You are right about motor and size but his inside scoring is his strength. Most are projecting him to be better offensively in the post than at rebounding.

All I have seen from him inside was that hook shot which will be tested on this level. I like a guy who can not only score with hooks, running hooks, etc.. but has a barrage of back to the basket moves down low. (up and under, drop step, spin moves). I may be wrong and honestly, if he's available, i would quickly take him over Melo and Ezeli. Moultrie vs. Zeller...?? I don't know. I might go with the potential in Moultrie over the size of Zeller.

All I have seen from him inside was that hook shot which will be tested on this level. I like a guy who can not only score with hooks, running hooks, etc.. but has a barrage of back to the basket moves down low. (up and under, drop step, spin moves). I may be wrong and honestly, if he's available, i would quickly take him over Melo and Ezeli. Moultrie vs. Zeller...?? I don't know. I might go with the potential in Moultrie over the size of Zeller.

Unless we move way up in the draft he won't be there. I think Portland grabs him at 6 and if they don't he will go to them at 11 or be picked sooner by someone else. 16 is the latest I have seen any mock with him and I have a hard time beleiving the best offensive 7ft player in the draft will last that long.

Joker . . I see Jeff as a souped-up Spud Webb. A PG that can use his quickness to push the ball down the floor and get to the rim. He's bigger and stronger than Spud though. Jeff would easily score 8 - 10 transition points a game, if he got a chance to get the ball whenever there was a defensive rebound. Instead, Josh will bring it up half the time when he gets a rebound, or he'll slow walk it before giving it to Teague. And if Teague had a little more opportunity to create for others, he could average 6 assists per game.With no true superstar on this team, we need every player's strength maximized to the fullest. If Teague can't even get the ball off of a defensive rebound to push the ball up the floor, his main strength ( his speed ) is being wasted.Nobody is trying to make Josh look like a scrub. Josh wants out of ATL, so we need to get something tangible for him. But while Josh does things to help the team, he does things to hurt it as well. And one of them is not letting Jeff Teague have more control of this offense, especially in transition.

The only thing about Marvin is his contract. I think the Lakers will be reluctant because of the player option he has.

Yall do realize that this season and in the playoffs Marvin had a higher ws/48 than Joe. I'm not a big stat guy, but I think giving up Marvin would be a mistake. Especially, if Gasol is the guy we end up getting.