• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Josh and Gasol

Vol4ever

No, Gasol was able to create his own with Memphis, and he can do the same outside of the dysfunction that is the Lakers right now. Kobe is out of control and Bynum was taking up the low post. You have your own views, but they are not consensus by any means of the basketball community. To assert otherwise is hyperbole.

In Memphis he was inconsistent as a #1 option and he was 6 years younger. Bynum helps Gasol on defense and on the boards and Kobe helps Gasol times a million since he is a #1 option and a superstar. To even down Kobe is the pure stupidity of this forum adulation of Gasol. He has become Wilt on this forum. Even though Atlanta is a terrible fit, he doesn't have an elite Batman and Horford and him are BOTH PF's. This is stupid. Please get a PnR PG and end the cycle of stupidity.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please name that makes sense for the Hawks to move Josh to acquire and why it makes sense for the trading club to send. Thabeet is AWFUL. I have no idea why you keep bringing him up. I'm a UConn alum and the guy was a stiff at UConn and is even worse in the NBA.Lowry is also a leader, something that the Hawks are in desperate need of.

Thabeet isn't even awful, he's just not any good. Etan Thomas is awful. Collins is bad. Thabeet is bad. He can rebound and block at a good rate and he is 7'3 and athletic. His issue is his awful lateral quickness which is critical in the NBA and his lack of overall skill. He would be a good fit next to Horford for spot minutes but nothing crazy like more than 20 minutes. Zaza should get the bulk of the mins. If Diop was still in shape, I would take him.Lowry- leader. Umm, he might be but he's not a fit. That's most important. Edited by Joker

You have no credibility. On one hand all you talk about is how Bynum and Kobe (and Odom) helps Gasol, but also want to discount the effect they adversely have on him in the way they played in Brown's sysytem this year. Bynum has finally made it through one healhy season, Pau was the man in the middle when Bynum was injured. And to say that Pau and Horford are as redundant as Josh and Horford? There is absolutely nothing in Pau and Josh's game that is similar that would cause a redundancy. What are you watching?

You have no credibility. On one hand all you talk about is how Bynum and Kobe (and Odom) helps Gasol, but also want to discount the effect they adversely have on him in the way they played in Brown's sysytem this year. Bynum has finally made it through one healhy season, Pau was the man in the middle when Bynum was injured. And to say that Pau and Horford are as redundant as Josh and Horford? There is absolutely nothing in Pau and Josh's game that is similar that would cause a redundancy. What are you watching?

Here you come again, seriously sista, have a chill pill. You always come around saying the same thing. I could really care less. If you didn't care or believe the crap you say, you wouldn't reply to me. I wish you wouldn't. You are starting to become something I promised Dolfan I wouldn't say.Brown system was fine for Gasol when he was scoring v. Boston and Atlanta where they had a clear advantage but once Pau shrinks mentally, now Brown's system sucks. I love the Hawks board because I can count of silly POV's to the love and savior of Godness Gasol. He is a god around here. He is the European Wilt. He can create his own offense in the post at will. Can play center. He can defend like Smoove but the problem is he is none of that. He is a soft finesse PF who is best when Odom and Kobe create offense for him as if that will happen in Atlanta and he is also regressing but I have no credibility. I don't want your respect, that would be to disrespect my logic. I don't want nothing from you woman.LOL, there is nothing similar to Gasol and Horf. LOL. They take the same space. Look at the tape and the freakin charts. Look at the stats, they do the same crap it's just that Horf is a much better movement guy while Gasol rather be around the glass but both stay in the paint most of the time. Both are highly finesse and don't like contact all that much. Both players can disappear if they don't receive the ball which is highly likely in Atlanta ball dominant offense. Gasol is also regressing. This has fail written all over it. I rather have Smoove any day just because of his defense alone.

I hope to God we do something stupid like this. No Gasol. No Wroten. Please none of these guys. They look attractive to the eye but they aren't fits or even logical. Be San Antonio or OKC. Don't be Washington or Atlanta.

Edited by Joker

• Premium Member

That's the problem. He's not watching anything. Joker, Supe, Scout, all of them rolled up together is a bunch of losers. They can't evaluate talent and they obviously don't watch basketball.

You are the one who needs to take the 'chill pill". It's always the same nonsense, over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Posted Image

Edited by JayBirdHawk

You are the one who needs to take the 'chill pill". It's always the same nonsense, over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Posted Image

Cool story

Dolfan, move this bs to trade rumors, I am so sick of seeing it on the main page.

That's the problem. He's not watching anything. Joker, Supe, Scout, all of them rolled up together is a bunch of losers. They can't evaluate talent and they obviously don't watch basketball.

Jay it's official, you know you do not have common sense now. Diesel is co-signing you. I would fall back unless you want to be in his group of mental misfits.

I agree Dol. Gasol, if anything, would complement Horford. Gasol can create his own shot in the lane. This would help Horford with his mid range game.

Yep we'd have 2 of the most dangerous mid-range bigs in the game, plus Horford and Gasol are both plus defenders and Gasol won't sit out there and shoot shots that kill the flow of the offense. We'd lose out on help defense but we'd gain in less 4 on 5's where Smoove likes to loaf back up while complaining to the officials.

Yep we'd have 2 of the most dangerous mid-range bigs in the game, plus Horford and Gasol are both plus defenders and Gasol won't sit out there and shoot shots that kill the flow of the offense. We'd lose out on help defense but we'd gain in less 4 on 5's where Smoove likes to loaf back up while complaining to the officials.

When you going to move this thread like you did my O.J. ones?

BS. Total BS. To say we don't need a PnR PG is complete total BS. That's Diesel logic. Gasol and Horf are redundant. They take up the same space. They are both PF. They both can't protect the rim. They are both not #1 options for the most part. Al could be but only with a PnR PG. They are both mentally PF's.

It's BS to say that we don't NEED a PnR PG even though we all know that we don't run that type of offense? I guess you believe that if we had that type of PG that LD would suddenly change his offense up, right?I'm not saying that we SHOULDN'T be running a PnR based offense, but what I am saying is that we have bigger needs than a PG who doesn't fit the mold of what we do on offense.

Gasol is a solid defender, nothing about his is plus on defense. Nothing. He is no close to Horford class in terms of overall defense. post defense and protecting the rim is about the same for both players. Both are plus mid range shooters. Josh doesn't complain to a serious degree much anymore. Gasol is a far bigger complainer to refs than Smith. I don't think any of my Kendall Marshall threads or Wade or Deron threads should be moved if this one stays.

• Premium Member

I think most of the world can see the benefit that adding Pau would add to our team. I watched Real Sports presentation on Pau... He's a Renaissance man and I didn't know that Marc grew up in Memphis. Still I think that having him for the last 2 yrs of this contract would provide us and our new ownership a chance to see the metal of this team. Do we have what it takes to take that next step... If not, then we reboot. It's a can't miss plan.

It's BS to say that we don't NEED a PnR PG even though we all know that we don't run that type of offense? I guess you believe that if we had that type of PG that LD would suddenly change his offense up, right?I'm not saying that we SHOULDN'T be running a PnR based offense, but what I am saying is that we have bigger needs than a PG who doesn't fit the mold of what we do on offense.

When you going to move this thread to trade rumors? Nothing about this is really legit. You move my threads for less.It is BS we don't need a PnR PG. We have two shot up shooters who are good at cutting. We have an elite PnR PF. Who cares about the center position. Even Smoove is a top tier cutting big. We need someone who can run an offense and create for others. We need that more than any team probably in NBA history. We have just as much talent as most teams in the NBA.The biggest need is a PnR PG. They create easy shot, opening looks and we have an elite PnR PF which would make it hell to expose the PnR PG without paying a price.

Please do not make personal remarks about each other. If you don't like the content of the post then don't reply to it. If you don't like the poster then put them on ignore. And Soup I'm not moving this topic because there was actual discussion about this as a potential trade. Thank you for trying to help with moderation though.

Nothing about Joe's game is a #1 option. He is best at spot up shooting, getting the ball in positions he like ala when Bibby was here, and producing on offense and defense. Marvin is the same with no ability to create for himself, and Horf is an quintessential PnR PF. To say a PnR PG isn't our biggest need is like saying Indiana doesn't needs a superstar type or Miami doesn't needs a center.

When you going to move this thread to trade rumors? Nothing about this is really legit. You move my threads for less.It is BS we don't need a PnR PG. We have two shot up shooters who are good at cutting. We have an elite PnR PF. Who cares about the center position. Even Smoove is a top tier cutting big. We need someone who can run an offense and create for others. We need that more than any team probably in NBA history. We have just as much talent as most teams in the NBA.The biggest need is a PnR PG. They create easy shot, opening looks and we have an elite PnR PF which would make it hell to expose the PnR PG without paying a price.

We probably cut to the basket less than any team in the NBA so I'm not sure who these two spot up shooters you are referring to who are also good cutters. And Smoove being good at cutting to the basket? Are you freaking kidding me? That guy stands around and watches the ball more than anyone on the team.

Please do not make personal remarks about each other. If you don't like the content of the post then don't reply to it. If you don't like the poster then put them on ignore.And Soup I'm not moving this topic because there was actual discussion about this as a potential trade. Thank you for trying to help with moderation though.

Deron Williams?Steve Nash?I get those thread moved all the time and they are off the same premise as this one. So Diesel is under different rules than everyone else? He seems to make trade threads just as much as I do on the main page but his stay and mines our moved to death valley aka trade rumors.

• Premium Member

I think the thing you miss is that even if we were to get John Stockton, we wouldn't become the Utah Jazz. LD's offense is motion. About 10% of that is PNR (the way he runs it). The thing is that if LD wanted to run more PNR, he would. PNR is not just a PG offense... especially not in the motion. Or maybe you didn't know that. So what the other poster was saying is that us getting a PNR PG doesn't mean that we will all the sudden change our offensive scheme.You missed the big thing Scout.You missed us reuping LD. When that happened, everything changed. He hasn't been bad but he's cheap. We don't have a PNR coach.