• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Josh and Gasol

Vol4ever

There's nothing consistent in Josh.If you say that he can take over an offense, you can say the same about the Crawford.Smoove may take over and get you what you want in one quarter and then piss it all away in the next.

Well yes Crawford can absolutely take over a game on offense. Smith had numerous historically great games this year, games that only Lebron James is also capable of. Sure he had plenty of games that weren't great, but that's why he's not a HOF or even an All-Star. That doesn't mean he's not capable of being a dominating 2 way player who has actually been a dominating 2 way player.

• Premium Member

Look at his impact on wins and losses son, he is the big man's Corey Maggette.

Yes, who can forget those vaunted Vancouver teams he was on with Mike Bibby and um, er, um yeah. Exactly. Or those Hawks team with a pint sized SG stuck as a PG in Jason Terry, the decaying corpse of Robinson and a guy who literally couldn't give a rat's ass about playing in Atlanta in Theo Ratliff. What great teams!You put SAR on this team and Josh back on that team and no remembers Josh Smith. Meanwhile SAR is making All NBA teams as a 20/10 post player and we're actually a credible threat to win a title with Joe and Horford and Teague around him.

• Premium Member

SAR is not even any good. Stop putting him the same list with Smith. Smith is actually really good. I am not even a fan of this guy due to me liking championship players but guys like SAR and guys you guys are overrating like Gasol isn't going to do. You guys just turned your backs on Smith for a soft Euro who is more finesse than Horf.

More utter nonsense. SAR wasn't "even any good"? His career average was 18.1 ppg 7.5 rpg with a career 19.0 PER. That btw includes the last four years of his shortened career where his knees gave out on him. From 20-27 before that he was a 20/10 player with a 20.00 PER. And that is "not even any good"?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

And you call yourself a scout...

Yes, who can forget those vaunted Vancouver teams he was on with Mike Bibby and um, er, um yeah. Exactly. Or those Hawks team with a pint sized SG stuck as a PG in Jason Terry, the decaying corpse of Robinson and a guy who literally couldn't give a rat's ass about playing in Atlanta in Theo Ratliff. What great teams!You put SAR on this team and Josh back on that team and no remembers Josh Smith. Meanwhile SAR is making All NBA teams as a 20/10 post player and we're actually a credible threat to win a title with Joe and Horford and Teague around him.

SAR is not averaging 20/10 in today's NBA for ANY team and he most definitely isn't doing it for the Hawks. I would rather start Ivan, same results if given the minutes, but Ivan would probably give you at least toughness, both will lose you A LOT more games than they will win you in that scenario. Edited by Joker

More utter nonsense. SAR wasn't "even any good"? His career average was 18.1 ppg 7.5 rpg with a career 19.0 PER. That btw includes the last four years of his shortened career where his knees gave out on him. From 20-27 before that he was a 20/10 player with a 20.00 PER. And that is "not even any good"?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

And you call yourself a scout...

Well the Hawks have had some pretty piss poor scouts so that title alone doesn't mean much to me.
  • Like 1

Sothron likes losers like SAR but he hate ASG. Sounds hypocritical.Corey Maggette is a great player too in Sothron mind. What about Gooden? He's better than Josh too?

SAR is not averaging 20/10 in today's NBA for ANY team and he most definitely isn't doing it for the Hawks. I would rather start Ivan, same results if given the minutes, but Ivan would probably give you at least toughness, both will lose you A LOT more games than they will win you in that scenario.

Because the NBA was sooooo different 10 years ago? Come on man, you're acting like he played in the Chamberlain era, when the truth is that he was every bit as good as almost any 20/10 guy in the NBA today.

• Premium Member

Sothron likes losers like SAR but he hate ASG. Sounds hypocritical.Corey Maggette is a great player too in Sothron mind. What about Gooden? He's better than Josh too?

SAR was anything but a loser. He had the misfortune for being stuck on some horrible teams for most of his career. I guess a guy like you would call Dale Murphy a loser because he was stuck on some truly God awful Braves teams for most of his career. Or a linebacker like Jessie Tuggle, he must have been bad because he was stuck on some putrid Falcons teams for almost his entire career.I never said anything about Maggette or Gooden. You are the one bringing up that straw man.

Sothron, Maggette stats are near Joe's. Is Maggette better than or as good as Joe?

SAR was anything but a loser. He had the misfortune for being stuck on some horrible teams for most of his career. I guess a guy like you would call Dale Murphy a loser because he was stuck on some truly God awful Braves teams for most of his career. Or a linebacker like Jessie Tuggle, he must have been bad because he was stuck on some putrid Falcons teams for almost his entire career.I never said anything about Maggette or Gooden. You are the one bringing up that straw man.

I said Maggette because you like a loser in SAR. SAR was the biggest reason why we were losers, he is a true black hole. Dale Murphy plays Baseball, that's not the same sport. Tuggle plays Football and he wasn't a Pat Willis type, he needs a damn good team to produce. He is more like Curtis Lofton. SAR is a just a loser. Terrible fit to any team as a key contributor.

• Premium Member

Well the Hawks have had some pretty piss poor scouts so that title alone doesn't mean much to me.

You know what I mean. This cat is calling himself a scout and on his personal information claims he discovered Lebron and Melo and he's calling a 20/10 player horrible? Insane. As if he's telling us that Hold the Mayo is the next Chris Paul at PG was bad enough now we have to hear that SAR was some kind of scrub? Mmmm k.
  • Like 1

Because the NBA was sooooo different 10 years ago? Come on man, you're acting like he played in the Chamberlain era, when the truth is that he was every bit as good as almost any 20/10 guy in the NBA today.

Look at the stats, you had guys scoring a lot that wouldn't do that in today's NBA. Just was a much weaker era. The 50 win team we had would have once the East at that time.

Look at the stats, you had guys scoring a lot that wouldn't do that in today's NBA. Just was a much weaker era. The 50 win team we had would have once the East at that time.

The NBA is the same now as it was 10 years ago. You can make stuff up and state it matter of factly all you want, but that doesn't make it true.

• Premium Member

I said Maggette because you like a loser in SAR. SAR was the biggest reason why we were losers, he is a true black hole. Dale Murphy plays Baseball, that's not the same sport. Tuggle plays Football and he wasn't a Pat Willis type, he needs a damn good team to produce. He is more like Curtis Lofton. SAR is a just a loser. Terrible fit to any team as a key contributor.

Garbage post. The reason we were losers is because we had no point guard absolutely no perimeter offense or defense and our team was basically watch SAR fight a double team in the low post and watch the guys he kicked it out to miss wide open shots or dribble uselessly out beyond the three point line while SAR reset and sometimes managed to get a good shot off. He wasn't a "black hole" he would pass out when it was called for and it wasn't his fault we had hot garbage out there that couldn't do what they were supposed to do and hit mid range shots.

You know what I mean. This cat is calling himself a scout and on his personal information claims he discovered Lebron and Melo and he's calling a 20/10 player horrible? Insane. As if he's telling us that Hold the Mayo is the next Chris Paul at PG was bad enough now we have to hear that SAR was some kind of scrub? Mmmm k.

Here comes the O.J. talk again. I never said he was like that. I said he is a #1 option on a ball dominate team and can play a Gilbert Arenas role. That was it. It's clear the same crew is talking the same noise, you know you, Angelica, Buzz, and Elmer. I am just a fan on here. I restate it over and over again. You guys are the ones who run with the scout talk. Edited by Joker

The NBA is the same now as it was 10 years ago. You can make stuff up and state it matter of factly all you want, but that doesn't make it true.

No it's not. Look at the depth of the league. Look at the players. A lot more talent today than in 2002. Teams are much better and every team has a nice prospect unlike in 2002.

Garbage post. The reason we were losers is because we had no point guard absolutely no perimeter offense or defense and our team was basically watch SAR fight a double team in the low post and watch the guys he kicked it out to miss wide open shots or dribble uselessly out beyond the three point line while SAR reset and sometimes managed to get a good shot off. He wasn't a "black hole" he would pass out when it was called for and it wasn't his fault we had hot garbage out there that couldn't do what they were supposed to do and hit mid range shots.

Every post you have written is garbage. Every single one. Go back into hiding. At least when my sources don't deliver, I don't hide my face. I am still here and could care less what your opinion is of me. Don't attack me personally if you can stand in the kitchen. SAR was not getting doubled as much as your making out to be. He is doubled as much as Josh. Which is the occasional double team. Nothing about SAR was good man. He had some talent, good on the glass, and nice footwork but he was a blackhole. He is everything like Maggette and Gooden.

• Premium Member

Here comes the O.J. talk again. I never said he was like that. I said he is a #1 option on a ball dominate team and can play a Gilbert Arenas role. That was it. It's clear the same crew is talking the same noise, you know you, Angelica, Buzz, and Elmer. I am just a fan on here. I restate it over and over again. You guys are the ones who run with the scout talk.

I'm just putting what you've said on this board together with other things you have said. There's no way any player that's ever played in the NBA that was around a 20/10 player in their prime with a PER of 20 can ever be called "horrible" and run down like the way you have with SAR. I'm not saying SAR was some kind of Black Jesus at PF but this revisionist analysis you are doing is so far out in left field you might as well be talking Greek to the rest of us who actually watched SAR play.

Every post you have written is garbage. Every single one. Go back into hiding. At least when my sources don't deliver, I don't hide my face. I am still here and could care less what your opinion is of me. Don't attack me personally if you can stand in the kitchen.SAR was not getting doubled as much as your making out to be. He is doubled as much as Josh. Which is the occasional double team. Nothing about SAR was good man. He had some talent, good on the glass, and nice footwork but he was a blackhole. He is everything like Maggette and Gooden.

Let's all keep this on a non-personal level. No need for personal attacks for or against anyone.Regarding SAR not getting doubled, you OBVIOUSLY DID NOT watch the Hawks back then. He was almost always doubled when he'd get the ball in the post, which made his scoring that much more remarkable.
  • Like 1