• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Josh and Gasol

Vol4ever

Maggette - http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/maggeco01.htmlJoe - http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/j/johnsjo02.htmlSAR- http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/abdursh01.htmlJosh - http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/smithjo03.htmlnegative impact players stats look nice but look at the record compare it to tier one players like Josh and Joe.

Prove it.

That will take time. I will do it tonight.

• Premium Member

Every post you have written is garbage. Every single one. Go back into hiding. At least when my sources don't deliver, I don't hide my face. I am still here and could care less what your opinion is of me. Don't attack me personally if you can stand in the kitchen.SAR was not getting doubled as much as your making out to be. He is doubled as much as Josh. Which is the occasional double team. Nothing about SAR was good man. He had some talent, good on the glass, and nice footwork but he was a blackhole. He is everything like Maggette and Gooden.

I think I feel pretty confident if we asked the board at large which of the two of us have been making garbage posts lately who is winning that one.I'm not attacking you personally. You say you are a scout and your analysis of a former All Star player that put up 20/10 with a PER of 20 is that he was some kind of horrible scrub that wasn't any good. All I'm doing is holding you accountable for what you are saying. When I think of horrible scrub I think Priest Lauderdale. I think Cal Bowdler. I don't think SAR.

• Premium Member

Let's all keep this on a non-personal level. No need for personal attacks for or against anyone.Regarding SAR not getting doubled, you OBVIOUSLY DID NOT watch the Hawks back then. He was almost always doubled when he'd get the ball in the post, which made his scoring that much more remarkable.

Thank you. It is crystal clear to me now he didn't watch the Hawks back when SAR played. Those of us who actually did distinctly remember how SAR would set up in the low post and would almost always fight a double team down there. For him to put 20 points on that kind of constant double team as a 6'9" PF is incredible.
  • Like 1

Let's all keep this on a non-personal level. No need for personal attacks for or against anyone.Regarding SAR not getting doubled, you OBVIOUSLY DID NOT watch the Hawks back then. He was almost always doubled when he'd get the ball in the post, which made his scoring that much more remarkable.

He was occasionally doubled, I was at the games and watched the rest on TV. He wasn't always doubled. I think you guy think a help side defender crashing down to block the shot is a double when it's just help side defense. A double team is what Bynum faces on most nights constantly.

Prove it.

Exactly, its all yada yada yada and no filler with him. Hell half the time he tells you to go find his cites and quotes because he cannot find them or two does not know how to look.All he has to do is cite the best player from each team now and in 2002 to prove his point. If the best players in 2002 are bums or barely starters vs todays players he may have a point.

I think I feel pretty confident if we asked the board at large which of the two of us have been making garbage posts lately who is winning that one.I'm not attacking you personally. You say you are a scout and your analysis of a former All Star player that put up 20/10 with a PER of 20 is that he was some kind of horrible scrub that wasn't any good. All I'm doing is holding you accountable for what you are saying. When I think of horrible scrub I think Priest Lauderdale. I think Cal Bowdler. I don't think SAR.

Lame. I never said he was a scrub. Don't put words in my mouth. Either you are getting to sensitive or you can't read.

Thank you. It is crystal clear to me now he didn't watch the Hawks back when SAR played. Those of us who actually did distinctly remember how SAR would set up in the low post and would almost always fight a double team down there. For him to put 20 points on that kind of constant double team as a 6'9" PF is incredible.

You never answered my question. Who is better? Joe or Maggette? Stat wise Maggette looks just as good as Joe. From the naked eye, Joe is a superior player and a key piece to ANY team while Maggette is a blackhole. Answer the question.

• Premium Member

Lame. I never said he was a scrub. Don't put words in my mouth. Either you are getting to sensitive or you can't read.

I'm sorry, go back and quote yourself for all the words and adjectives you've used to describe SAR and tell me honesty that anyone else reading that doesn't see it as "scrub".Those Hawks teams were horrible to watch. You could literally see on Theo and Robinson's faces that they had no interest in playing here and wanted out. The only guy that showed up every game with a lunch pail in hand to get beaten down and abused as a 6'9" PF in the blocks was SAR. He fought hard and played at a high level. He did that in Vancouver, he did it here and he did it in Portland and Sac before his knees and body gave out on him. When everyone else on the Hawks didn't care about this team he did. When no one else on that team cared about winning he did. For someone years later to go back and attack that guy and what he did is just disgusting to me. I wish Josh Smith had half the heart SAR did. I wish Josh Smith had half the low post ability of SAR. I wish Josh Smith had half the ability to hit free throws and to play WITHIN HIMSELF that SAR did.So yes, you can go on and attack SAR some more but for those of us who actually watched him we know what he did and what he had to go through in his career.

You never answered my question. Who is better? Joe or Maggette? Stat wise Maggette looks just as good as Joe. From the naked eye, Joe is a superior player and a key piece to ANY team while Maggette is a blackhole. Answer the question.

I don't respond to strawmen arguments. Joe is clearly superior to Corey freaking Maggette. You might as well ask me if I think Derozan is superior to Wade.

I don't respond to strawmen arguments. Joe is clearly superior to Corey freaking Maggette. You might as well ask me if I think Derozan is superior to Wade.

The stats say they are close. Derozan stats are horrible and aren't close to most average SG's so why would I ask that. I asked you Joe and Maggette because SAR and Maggette are the same type of players. Josh isn't that type of player at all. He is more like Marion, AK-47, and guys like that but Josh actually is better than them. Edited by Joker

Josh wishes he had SAR footwork. That's about it.

Sothron busy white knighting for a loser like SAR. smh.

• Premium Member

Garbage post. The reason we were losers is because we had no point guard absolutely no perimeter offense or defense and our team was basically watch SAR fight a double team in the low post and watch the guys he kicked it out to miss wide open shots or dribble uselessly out beyond the three point line while SAR reset and sometimes managed to get a good shot off. He wasn't a "black hole" he would pass out when it was called for and it wasn't his fault we had hot garbage out there that couldn't do what they were supposed to do and hit mid range shots.

Wasn't those the Long Kruger Stotts years?

If it's up to Sothron, the Hawks would be 1st round exits for the next 50 years. He hates ASG but he might be even worse than them.

If it's up to Sothron, the Hawks would be 1st round exits for the next 50 years. He hates ASG but he might be even worse than them.

Enough with the personal remarks.

I like Terry Stotts, I felt he was a much better coach than the crap he had like SAR and Mad Dog. Kruger sucked, he was awful. Not NBA coaching material.

• Premium Member

He was occasionally doubled, I was at the games and watched the rest on TV. He wasn't always doubled. I think you guy think a help side defender crashing down to block the shot is a double when it's just help side defense. A double team is what Bynum faces on most nights constantly.

You was at the games? I thought you were a scout for the Kings? You didn't come this way until we got Bibby.What are you talking about Scout??

• Premium Member

Enough with the personal remarks.

He keeps going back to personal attacks and what happened to me years ago on the board. All he has is personal attacks and strawmen arguments because he knows he can't dispute the truth.

And wasn't E-Muss an interim head coach for a short period then as well?

I actually think Muss can still be a good head coach in the NBA. He was really tight with Jason Walker btw when he was here and when he left.

• Premium Member

You damn right I'm defending a man that played like a champion and was stuck on bad teams like SAR.

You was at the games? I thought you were a scout for the Kings? You didn't come this way until we got Bibby.What are you talking about Scout??

Let's see if this gets answered.

I actually think Muss can still be a good head coach in the NBA. He was really tight with Jason Walker btw when he was here and when he left.

I think that Muss can be a good head coach as well and hope he proves it someday.