• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Josh and Gasol

Vol4ever

No it's not. Look at the depth of the league. Look at the players. A lot more talent today than in 2002. Teams are much better and every team has a nice prospect unlike in 2002.

Here is a list of the bigs in 2002 all star game:Alonzo MourningDekeJermaine OneilShareefToineWebberDuncanGarnettDirkBrandMaloneShaqWhat part of this list looks weaker than the one we would get from the 2012 all star game?

Here is a list of the bigs in 2002 all star game:

Alonzo Mourning

Deke

Jermaine Oneil

Shareef

Toine

Webber

Duncan

Garnett

Dirk

Brand

Malone

Shaq

What part of this list looks weaker than the one we would get from the 2012 all star game?

The bolded and the depth overall in the NBA especially with guys like Pat Gattrity starting.

The bolded and the depth overall in the NBA especially with guys like Pat Gattrity starting.

So you're saying that this 2012 All-Star lineup is that much better than the 2002 lineup that SAR wouldn't have been an All-Star?
2002 2012
Allen Iverson Carmelo Anthony
Jason Kidd LeBron James
Michael Jordan Derrick Rose
Antoine Walker Dwyane Wade
Dikembe Mutombo Dwight Howard
Ray Allen  Chris Bosh
Paul Pierce  Luol Deng
Tracy McGrady  Roy Hibbert
Shareef Abdur-Rahim  Andre Iguodala
Jermaine O'Neal  Joe Johnson
Alonzo Mourning  Paul Pierce
Baron Davis  Rajon Rondo
Deron Williams
Kobe Bryant Kevin Durant
Steve Francis Blake Griffin
Kevin Garnett Kobe Bryant
Chris Webber Chris Paul
Tim Duncan Andrew Bynum
Steve Nash  LaMarcus Aldridge
Dirk Nowitzki  Marc Gasol
Gary Payton  Kevin Love
Elton Brand  Steve Nash
Peja Stojakovic  Dirk Nowitzki
Wally Szczerbiak  Tony Parker
Russell Westbrook

Nope, SAR, Toine, and Wally would never be All Stars today.

Give it a rest, scout is clueless when it comes to basketball. I am done arguing with him. He thinks SAR stinks, Josh is better than LMA, and there was not any good basketball players back 2002. They all just started appearing when Smoove showed up and that is why Smoove cannot make a all-star game.I think that just about covers this topic from Scouts point of view and his BBIQ as well.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

Yeah, and in 2002 there is no way Bosh, Deng, Hibbert, Iguadola and probably Marc Gasol would have been all-stars.

Bosh is better than SAR. Hibbert and Gasol probably wouldn't make it thought. Deng only made the team because of his teams record there were better SFs out there.

There are at least 5 guys on the 2012 list who SAR was better than.

No. None on that list is worse than SAR. I would take everyone and the All Star snubs over SAR in a millisecond.

• Premium Member

No. None on that list is worse than SAR. I would take everyone and the All Star snubs over SAR in a millisecond.

Of course you would scout. I'm sure you'd take Bryant Reeves and Priest Lauderdale over him as well.

• Premium Member

Give it a rest, scout is clueless when it comes to basketball. I am done arguing with him. He thinks SAR stinks, Josh is better than LMA, and there was not any good basketball players back 2002. They all just started appearing when Smoove showed up and that is why Smoove cannot make a all-star game.I think that just about covers this topic from Scouts point of view and his BBIQ as well.

I honestly think at this point he's just a troll looking for attention by getting a rise out of the rest of us. Next week he'll start attacking Nique and how he wasn't actually any good or something along those lines.

• Moderators

Here is a list of the bigs in 2002 all star game:Alonzo MourningDekeJermaine OneilShareefToineWebberDuncanGarnettDirkBrandMaloneShaqWhat part of this list looks weaker than the one we would get from the 2012 all star game?

That set of PFs and Cs is vastly, vastly superior to the 2012 list. Who has been the best big man in the 2012 playoffs? Probably Kevin Garnett. 2012 Garnett would be laughed at by 2002 Garnett, Duncan, Shaq, etc.

That set of PFs and Cs is vastly, vastly superior to the 2012 list. Who has been the best big man in the 2012 playoffs? Probably Kevin Garnett. 2012 Garnett would be laughed at by 2002 Garnett, Duncan, Shaq, etc.

That is the difference and I find it hilarious that scout is busting on 2002 when a lot of the same bigs are still and were dominating just as little as 5 years ago. Its like he is saying Duncan, Shaq, Garnett, Brand were not any good in 2002 but were/are in 2005-2012 for Smooves seasons playing lmao Edited by Buzzard

Smoove numbers are impactful then as they were now. No doubt the top guys are better but at the same time many said Ron Artest was one of the best NBA players in that time period which gives me precedence to believe in Smoove in that era of Basketball and the reason why SAR wouldn't be an All Star today is because look at his record. It was horrendous. No one with a losing record has made the All Star team in the past 3 years outside of Griffin, Love, and Deron. That's it.

Smoove numbers are impactful then as they were now. No doubt the top guys are better but at the same time many said Ron Artest was one of the best NBA players in that time period which gives me precedence to believe in Smoove in that era of Basketball and the reason why SAR wouldn't be an All Star today is because look at his record. It was horrendous. No one with a losing record has made the All Star team in the past 3 years outside of Griffin, Love, and Deron. That's it.

Strawman, you need to change your picture from the Joker to the Scarecrow. All day yesterday it was the weakness of the players in 2002. We proved that ridiculous assesment incorrect. So now it is Ron Artest who for one plays SF and two did not make that team.

And lets reach for the weakness of SARs teams, which according to you: the strength of the Lakers with Bynum and Kobe is what makes Gasol better and the weakness of our Hawks without a "space eater" or having Kobe is what makes Josh less than what he could be.

Basicly you aurgument is what ever it takes to make you look like the Joker is what you will use Posted Image So maybe that is a good icon for you after all.

Edited by Buzzard

Strawman, you need to change your picture from the Joker to the Scarecrow. All day yesterday it was the weakness of the players in 2002. We proved that ridiculous assesment incorrect. So now it is Ron Artest who for one plays SF and two did not make that team.And now lets reach for the weakness of SARs teams, which according to you: the strength of the Lakers with Bynum and Kobe is what makes Gasol better and the weakness of our Hawks without a "space eater" or having Kobe is what makes Josh less than what he could be.

You are right on that one, I had the wrong year, it was 2003-04 he was looked apon as one of the best in the NBA.Gasol is better because of Kobe and Bynum, that's common sense, if you can't see that than stop watching Basketball. That's like saying Chandler is not better with Lin instead Shumpert at PG. Bynum size helps others get rebounds, that's also common knowledge which is why size is valued in the NBA.SAR's teams were weak because of him, he was a blackhole like Corey Maggette. Why haven't Maggette won games? He is just like SAR? Why aren't you using him as a fair comparison? Both are losers, both put up great stats, both are cancers to winning Basketball. How are you going to be a terrible defender and a blackhole at the same time?

You are right on that one, I had the wrong year, it was 2003-04 he was looked apon as one of the best in the NBA.Gasol is better because of Kobe and Bynum, that's common sense, if you can't see that than stop watching Basketball. That's like saying Chandler is not better with Lin instead Shumpert at PG. Bynum size helps others get rebounds, that's also common knowledge which is why size is valued in the NBA.SAR's teams were weak because of him, he was a blackhole like Corey Maggette. Why haven't Maggette won games? He is just like SAR? Why aren't you using him as a fair comparison? Both are losers, both put up great stats, both are cancers to winning Basketball. How are you going to be a terrible defender and a blackhole at the same time?

You are done, toast as they say. Josh plays on one of the better teams and cannot make a all star-game, SAR played on some pretty bad ones and made the game. By your own accounts of how hard it is to make that team when playing on a bad team, Josh has the easier path to the all-star game and still can't make it.Bottom line, the league in 2002 had a lot more respect for SAR's game, than the present league does for Smoove. Your opinion is just not that important Joker. So keep the icon, it works well for most of your post concerning the talent level, past and present, in the NBA. Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1