• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

We do the Gasol Deal, trade up Owners and get a sweet deal like N.O. Got?

Diesel

• Moderators

The point about the Lakers is enlightening. Fans, especially Atlanta fans, want something new and exciting to come out for. The fact that we've had basically the same team for 7 years causes a loss in interest. This is a great reason to add Nash. I didn't want Shaq even though I knew it would boost attendance because i don't like Shaq. It seems like we'd go all out to get Nash here because it would bring out fans and make us better.

I moved to GA (outside the country) from 1993 and I have jumped unto the Hawks bandwagon since that time. I watched bball before that but my allegiance wasn't to any one team, I rooted for certain teams (LA and Chicago back in the day). My first Hawks game-the game after the traded Nique, boy was I pissed so my first experience wasn't great. But I''m still here rooting for the Hawks. Those 13 and 26 teams were no joke, they were the hardest to watch.Some fans are just fickle and want to be around for just the winning and not the tough times.

The point about the Lakers is enlightening. Fans, especially Atlanta fans, want something new and exciting to come out for. The fact that we've had basically the same team for 7 years causes a loss in interest. This is a great reason to add Nash. I didn't want Shaq even though I knew it would boost attendance because i don't like Shaq. It seems like we'd go all out to get Nash here because it would bring out fans and make us better.

They couldn't afford Shaq and he was washed up. Nash is still superb but he doesn't want to come here.

• Premium Member

I moved to GA (outside the country) from 1993 and I have jumped unto the Hawks bandwagon since that time. I watched bball before that but my allegiance wasn't to any one team, I rooted for certain teams (LA and Chicago back in the day). My first Hawks game-the game after the traded Nique, boy was I pissed so my first experience wasn't great. But I''m still here rooting for the Hawks. Those 13 and 26 teams were no joke, they were the hardest to watch.

Some fans are just fickle and want to be around for just the winning and not the tough times.

We are all die hards in here. There ain't no bandwagon to be found on this board. Even though we dislike and disapprove of these kinds of fans, they're a necessary evil. Look at the team with perhaps the richest NBA history - Boston. Prior to signing Garnett, their attendance averages were mostly below league average - sometimes right at the average. As soon as they made the big trades, the bandwagon fans came out and fans in hiding came out. So much so that...well, does anyone besides me remember Bibby getting booed every time he touched the ball up there?

He was right. And you're also right Jaybird...but when the arena is loud, whited out, and cheering for the home crowd, I'm sure the players don't mind. The owners wouldn't have it any other way and the team makes money (yes I had to bold it in green, lol). In a perfect world, the arena is filled with people like us that can spout off draft dates and draft positions players were taken. Folks that remember Josh Smith blocking 10 shots against Dallas. Real fans, who can name guys like Eldridge Recasner and Cal Bowdler, and remember what they look like... But in reality, bandwagon fans feed the market probably moreso than we do...

Even in LA where Britney Spears and Jessica Biel make cameos on the sidelines.

Posted Image

Posted Image

(...and I just pulled two random names out of my ass, just for the drama of making a point, having no idea whether or not they had actually gone to a Lakers game.)