• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

For those of you who want scoring vs rebounding in the draft.

Buzzard

You are all about system when talking draft picks or hold the mayoBut you say 110% that gasol declined which just happened to coincide with a new system under brown and with another post player getting more involvedHere we have no post player so he would be that guy again...he didn't regress because of age but rather because of system/bynum

You are all about system when talking draft picks or hold the mayoBut you say 110% that gasol declined which just happened to coincide with a new system under brown and with another post player getting more involvedHere we have no post player so he would be that guy again...he didn't regress because of age but rather because of system/bynum

I haven't spoken on Mayo since I realize the ONLY way for him to be a Hawk is without Smoove and that was pointless to say the least. Smoove is needed as well. I would still add Mayo if that meant we can keep the core.Brown system was good all of the players on the Lakers offensively, you underestimate how much they needed Odom who created a lot of easy baskets for Gasol. Gasol was in the perfect fit, it's his fault that Bynum got better and he got worse.Atlanta is a bad fit for Gasol. No #1 option, no true center, we are asking for it in terms of stupidity. Edited by Joker

• Premium Member

We have no one to create offense either. These guys really are spot up shooters, Josh who is basically an talented inconsistent offensive player or a movement player in Horford. Our inside game is inconsistent but I wouldn't say it's nonexistent. Don't try to say that BS just to press Gasol again when it simply isn't true by stats or anything credible. I am starting to hate Gasol due to you guy, I don't even think the guy is a bad player, I think he is just as valuable as Smith in general but as a Hawk, he wouldn't be anything special, in fact he would be a bigger disappointment than anything else.

Check the record. Long before the Gasol conversation started, I have said that our problem is offensive low post scoring.Noticed, that at one time, you respected Gasol for low post scoring

He was on the decline with Phil Jackson too. In fact after winning a few rings in LA his numbers declined a lot.

Check the record. Long before the Gasol conversation started, I have said that our problem is offensive low post scoring.Noticed, that at one time, you respected Gasol for low post scoring

I never stopped respecting his low post scoring but he's not Wilt either.

• Premium Member

<br /><br />He was on the decline with Phil Jackson too. In fact after winning a few rings in LA his numbers declined a lot.<br /><br />

<br /><br />................................G GS MIN FG 3FG FT REB AST STL BLK PPG<br /><br />2007–08 L.A. Lakers 27 27 34.0 .589 .000 .789 07.8 3.5 .5 1.6 18.8<br />2008–09 L.A. Lakers 81 81 37.0 .567 .500 .781 09.6 3.5 .6 1.0 18.9<br />2009–10 L.A. Lakers 65 65 37.0 .536 .000 .790 11.3 3.4 .6 1.7 18.3<br />2010–11 L.A. Lakers 82 82 37.0 .529 .333 .823 10.2 3.3 .6 1.6 18.8<br />2011–12 L.A. Lakers 65 65 37.4 .501 .259 .782 10.4 3.7 .6 1.4 17.4<br />Career..................796 790 36.0 .520 .232 .752 09.2 3.2 .6 1.7 18.7<br /><br /><br />Sorry, you're wrong. :owned: Edited by BrazilianHawk

I would take Gasol under one circumstance. He comes with Lamar Odom.

<br /><br />................................G GS MIN FG 3FG FT REB AST STL BLK PPG<br /><br />2007–08 L.A. Lakers 27 27 34.0 .589 .000 .789 07.8 3.5 .5 1.6 18.8<br />2008–09 L.A. Lakers 81 81 37.0 .567 .500 .781 09.6 3.5 .6 1.0 18.9<br />2009–10 L.A. Lakers 65 65 37.0 .536 .000 .790 11.3 3.4 .6 1.7 18.3<br />2010–11 L.A. Lakers 82 82 37.0 .529 .333 .823 10.2 3.3 .6 1.6 18.8<br />2011–12 L.A. Lakers 65 65 37.4 .501 .259 .782 10.4 3.7 .6 1.4 17.4<br />Career..................796 790 36.0 .520 .232 .752 09.2 3.2 .6 1.7 18.7<br /><br /><br />Sorry, you're wrong. :owned:

haven't checked playoff numbers have you ?

Playoff numbers are highly dependent on match ups and are small sample sizesHis reg season numbers show he is still a strong contributor so isn't declining much yet... Should have at least 2 more strong years in him...playoff performance will have more to do with how team matches up with opponents and variance of how people play over the small sample sizeAs long as he can bring it over 82 games then he is decidedly still a major force and that is more accurate than playoffs for an indicator

For a team trying to win a title, playoff performance is much more important than regular season performance. Being a top seed going into the playoffs means nothing if you can't win multiple series. Against the Hornets, Mavs, Den, and OKC he was very inconsistent and wasn't a threat to score like he was in the past. Despite having similar usage (within 2% of his championship years) and being taller than most of the players he's came across the last couple of seasons, he is shooting a bad %. One thing I do like is that this past post season whenever he had.over 5 assists his team won, but we lose something defensively, rebounding wise swapping him out with Josh. On top of that, he might not resign. Trading for him would.signal a rebuild in 2 years and even with Pau, I don't think we would win it all.

Lol at lose something rebounding wise with himJosh is not a better rebounderHaha

Your opinion. I saw Josh Smith actually boxing out this series and it made a difference. Sure there are other factors involved, but the facts are the facts. He collected more rpg than Pau did. But I see avoid the entire post and key in on one particular point so you don't have to defend your stance.

Josh and Gasol rebounding is a wash. If you put Smith next to Bynum his rebs will go up and Gasol down. It's a lot easier to rebound when someone is taking up a lot of space like Bynum.

Your opinion. I saw Josh Smith actually boxing out this series and it made a difference. Sure there are other factors involved, but the facts are the facts. He collected more rpg than Pau did. But I see avoid the entire post and key in on one particular point so you don't have to defend your stance.

Oh wow, you are using a 6 game sample size against one of the worst offensive rebounding teams in the league as your 'facts'? Edited by Nicholasp27

Pau is career 9.2/game and 9.6 in playoffsSmoove is career 7.9/game and 8.6 in playoffsSmoove had one good year without al at 9.6 rebounds this year, a number pau has matched/beat the past 4 yearsJosh did have an outlier in a FIVE game series of 13.8 against the celtics but otherwise 9 was his previous best a much longer seriesPau has had double digits in playoffs 2 times in past 4 years with 23 games each, a more statistically significant sample sizePau also has a higher career reb% than smoove, the same drating and greater winshares/48 and of course much better offensive game overall and as a fit for our team

Pau is career 9.2/game and 9.6 in playoffs

Smoove is career 7.9/game and 8.6 in playoffs

Smoove had one good year without al at 9.6 rebounds this year, a number pau has matched/beat the past 4 years

Josh did have an outlier in a FIVE game series of 13.8 against the celtics but otherwise 9 was his previous best a much longer series

Pau has had double digits in playoffs 2 times in past 4 years with 23 games each, a more statistically significant sample size

Pau also has a higher career reb% than smoove, the same drating and greater winshares/48 and of course much better offensive game overall and as a fit for our team

BS

1. You are forgetting that Pau was a perfect fit as a Robin next to Kobe and he had a true center in Bynum and a playmaking point forward in Odom.

2. Pau is currently regressing.

3. Josh is only 26 and improving.

4. Josh would have a lot more rebounds with LA than Atlanta and same for Gasol.

5. Gasol is not a better fit than Smith. They are equals in terms of overall fit.

Edited by Joker

The offense is a bigger issue than our rebounding when it comes to the East. I'm not concerned with winning a championship at this point, I just want to make the ECF.

That's all. We don't have the same destination.