• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

GS wants to trade pick(s) for Sf

Guest Walter

Guest Walter
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/221415/Warriors_Looking_To_Use_Picks_To_Trade_For_Veteran_Small_Forwardhttp://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/06/05/SP421OT4KO.DTL&feed=rss.warriorsFirst, off this is an interesting team strategy to publicly state your personnel strategy. I can see several of these teams bidding for their pick(s).2nd, If Klay Thompson, 7th pick were included I'd have to do it. We'd move JJ to the 3 and play Klay at the 2. Then we look at C or Pf in the draft at 7 (or with a 7/23 trade up). 3rd, while rumors start to heat up, the Hawks ownership is too cheap to hold tryouts and doesn't (essentially) have a GM.W

http://basketball.re...n_Small_Forwardhttp://www.sfgate.co...ed=rss.warriorsFirst, off this is an interesting team strategy to publicly state your personnel strategy. I can see several of these teams bidding for their pick(s).2nd, If Klay Thompson, 7th pick were included I'd have to do it. We'd move JJ to the 3 and play Klay at the 2. Then we look at C or Pf in the draft at 7 (or with a 7/23 trade up). 3rd, while rumors start to heat up, the Hawks ownership is too cheap to hold tryouts and doesn't (essentially) have a GM.W

Again, just thinking out loud here but JJ played better at SF than SG last year.

Klay Thompson wouldn't be included in the trade. They like him as their SG.JJ for #7 and the bad contracts of Biedrens and RJ??

Although I would consider this, there is one thing stopping me. Both Beeno and RJ have Player options for 2013/2014. Marvin also has an option for that year. So effectively what you are doing is committing yourself for 27.5 million in 2013/14 in exchange for not having JJ's ridiculous contract the following 2 years. You had better be sure you are getting a stud at #7 with that risk. If all 3 players exercise their option (not sure why they wouldn't since none would get 7.5, 9 or 11 million from anyone else), you have spent your money for the Dwight, Deron sweepstakes and only Marvin could be amnestied from that group. What this means is you'll have at least $43 million in committed salaries that year and you still have to sign Smith that year. You need to be sure you can move Biedrins or RJ afterwards or this deal is of little benefit the following year.

but if nothing happens we'd be out of the Dwight Sweepstakes anyway and we wouldn't be able to resign Smith with Joe Johnson here either... my move would be to try and move Smith as well. We can get a stud at #7 in Barnes/Beal/Lamb/Jones. One or all of them will be available there.I don't see us winning it all next year with no depth or the year after with Smoove gone and Joe's value declined. Might as well go ahead and get a #7 pick and have salaries committed for 2 years than to not get #7 and have salaries committed.but the more I think of it - we could probably just do JJ for #7 and one of Beans/RJ.

Guest Walter

Klay Thompson wouldn't be included in the trade. They like him as their SG.JJ for #7 and the bad contracts of Biedrens and RJ??

He would have to be for me to consider the deal. If we are taking on TWO bad contracts, we would need TWO cheap, inexpensive high quality or better palyers to make up for it. Otherwise, no deal.W

He would have to be for me to consider the deal. If we are taking on TWO bad contracts, we would need TWO cheap, inexpensive high quality or better palyers to make up for it. Otherwise, no deal.W

I don't know what their cap space is but I agree that taking on two bad contracts and sending them a good player is to much for #7. Other options may be Marvin and our pick for #7 or Smoove for #7.

I don't know what their cap space is but I agree that taking on two bad contracts and sending them a good player is to much for #7. Other options may be Marvin and our pick for #7 or Smoove for #7.

You must remember JJ's has the worst contract in the NBA. After Biedrins and RJ's contracts are over JJ will still have 2 years left tat will pay him $24 mill at 33 and $26 mill at 34.I gladly take 2 bad contracts (that are only 1/2 long) + #7 pick for JJ and that wretched contract.The Warriors prefer Smith over JJ's contract situation......even though Smith is not ideal as a SF he can play the position. Both Smith and Iggy have expiring contracts. Smith is 2 years younger then Iggy.You can bet your bottom dollar that Beal, Drummond, Barnes, MKG will be gone at #7. I would be praying J. Lamb is still there at #7. Edited by coachx