• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Ferry might be looking to blow it up

Joker

Yeah it might blow up on him. I like the change but let's not pretend this guy has built championship rosters.

The Cavs and Bron were close and Ferry knows, just from having played, it takes a super star or two to do that. Our team is broken man. Not built to do anything more than make the playoffs. We need to somehow draft or trade for a rising or established star.

You should check out realgm for some of the most lopsided trades you'll see. Sometimes though you find someone with common sense.

I have, they are the worst. They create trade threads that would equal Josh Smith for Dwight Howard and J.J. Redick in value. They really are nuts. Why would Atlanta want to trade Al Horford? He is under an extremely reasonable contract. He is the only player who can be a superstar on the Hawks. He is the one player we turned down CP3 and Deron for. He is the one player who is a two time All Star and an All NBA performer at a young age. I hate most basketball fans. They really are stupid. If any team wants Al, extended Dwight Howard. That simple.Josh of course gets thrown around for trash most of time and Marvin.... Marvin is staying if that's is what you are offering. Joe is basically like Marvin. The best one I seen was Deng and Noah for Joe and Smith. I would really consider that deal.

Lame. Leave it to CTC. He would make the Hawks look like total idiots when it's all said and done.

It is getting a bit redundant but at least you did offer up a deal to get Noah for Smoove. I think Smoove would be a redundant player for the Bulls since they already have a undersized PF in Taj Gibson. And Taj knows his role, in 225 games he has taken 8 three point shots. Tajs pers for rbs,blocks, and pts, work out to be very comparable to Smoove at more than half the price.The three biggest differences in their game is Taj does not pretend to have a jump shot, Smoove is a better passer, and weak side defender. I know Smoove is more athletic but that does not translate to more skilled. Edited by Buzzard

It is getting a bit redundant but at least you did offer up a deal to get Noah for Smoove. I think Smoove would be a redundant player for the Bulls since they already have a undersized PF in Taj Gibson. And Taj knows his role, in 225 games he has taken 8 three point shots. Tajs pers for rbs,blocks, and pts, work out to be very comparable to Smoove at more than half the price.The three biggest differences in their game is Taj does not pretend to have a jump shot, Smoove is a better passer, and weak side defender. I know Smoove is more athletic but that does not translate to more skilled.

There is an epic gap between Taj Gibson and Josh Smith in terms of talent. One as big as the one between Josh Smith and Dwight Howard. An epic gap.

There is an epic gap between Taj Gibson and Josh Smith in terms of talent. One as big as the one between Josh Smith and Dwight Howard. An epic gap.

At the end of the day it does not matter if Josh has the talent of Michael Jordan. What matters is after 7 years in the league Josh has had his breakout. What you see is all you are going to get and GMs know this. Josh possibly has more talent than Kevin McHale but guess who the fu## is in the HOF?Taj does not have all the talent Josh does, but because of his higher BBIQ and work ethic at the things he does well is a much better value at 5 mill a year compared to Josh at 13 to 14 mill a year. And Noah considering he is a top ten center has a lot more value than Josh.It is not a good swap for the Bulls unless they are wanting to shed Josh's contract when its up. They will be better off paying Taj and Noah as a team vs Taj and Josh. If you do not understand that its due to Smoove blindness lmao. Edited by Buzzard

Taj really isn't even as smart as Smith. He just in a much better situation. He has a legit #1 option in Rose. He can fit into his role as a backup PF who plays off ball defense, rebounds, and dunks. Nothing about his game is that attractive. On the Hawks, he would be Ivan like. I wish people would think about personnel before comparing players.

Taj really isn't even as smart as Smith. He just in a much better situation. He has a legit #1 option in Rose. He can fit into his role as a backup PF who plays off ball defense, rebounds, and dunks. Nothing about his game is that attractive. On the Hawks, he would be Ivan like. I wish people would think about personnel before comparing players.

I wish you would quit talking about Smooves talent like he is some 19 year old kid about to be drafted for his upside. That was seven years ago, if a GM wants him it is due to what he is doing now. Nothing about him translates to upside anymore. Edited by Buzzard

• Premium Member

I'm sorry but I have to agree that you can't really compare Taj Gibson to Smoove. As much as a pinhead as Josh is he at least is capable of putting up a stat line any night of the week that makes your eyes pop out. Gibson is just a good backup PF that plays defense.

I wish you would quit talking about Smooves talent like he is some 19 year old kid about to be drafted for his upside. That was seven years ago, if a GM wants him it is due to what he is doing now. Nothing about him translates to upside anymore.

Smoove is a lot more talented, skilled, and just much better than Taj Gibson. Gibson like Ibaka is on a team where it's capable for him just to play a role and be fine. Smoove has a lot more responsibility and is a superior player.

I'm sorry but I have to agree that you can't really compare Taj Gibson to Smoove. As much as a pinhead as Josh is he at least is capable of putting up a stat line any night of the week that makes your eyes pop out. Gibson is just a good backup PF that plays defense.

Yes Taj is a solid backup and Noah is a top ten center. So why would you trade a top ten center to get another tweener PF when you do not have a top ten center to replace Noah with?That is the trade that has been mentioned and I like the idea of Noah for Josh. But why would the Bulls do that knowing the things I just mentioned above? Edited by Buzzard

Here is one more thing to ponder. Can you name one championship team that had a PF like Smoove, Toine, etc...in other words a starting undersized PF on a championship team that could not shoot a 20ft to 3pt jumper but did so anyway at a 50% ratio?I cannot think of one bad jump shooting power forward that ever won a championship. Good ones sure, Dirk just did so recently but not a bad one.Could you imagine Wade, Bron, Kobe, Westbrook etc in the 4th quarter of a game seven with Josh as their team mate and he jacked up two 20ft misses in a row. They would hire someone to knee cap his that night. Edited by Buzzard

You can limit Smoove negative offensive impact by having better players than him. Guys like Rose. You can't if your #1 option is Joe. He is likely to not give a flip. Toine won a NBA title in Miami.

Edited by Joker

You have to keep Horford...he is a player you build around

I completely agree. There are exciting game changing players (like Josh) but then there are players that every championship team has on the roster. Horford is one of those players. He is just a winner.

Smoove is a lot more talented, skilled, and just much better than Taj Gibson. Gibson like Ibaka is on a team where it's capable for him just to play a role and be fine. Smoove has a lot more responsibility and is a superior player.

But what you see is what you get with Smoove. He has done all he is ever going to do with the talent he has. If you think that is enough to warrant a trade for Noah, I wish like hell you were the Bulls GM. And I bet Danny Ferry does too.

• Premium Member

Blowing things up........oh God, I can only hope. Bittersweet though. I am going to hate seeing this team broken up, but it has to happen. Seeing Josh Smith in another uniform............will feel like I'm kicking my kid out of the house. Doesn't feel like I've put 8 years of hope into this era.

You can limit Smoove negative offensive impact by having better players than him. Guys like Rose. You can't if your #1 option is Joe. He is likely to not give a flip. Toine won a NBA title in Miami.

So all we need is some players like Shaq and Wade, I like our chances a lot better now.Toine was a under average 3pt shooter, .325 for his career but he was not in love with the less efficient 20ft shot. Josh is a bad 3pt shooter .278 for his career and he loves the 20ft shot. Edited by Buzzard

Blowing things up........oh God, I can only hope. Bittersweet though. I am going to hate seeing this team broken up, but it has to happen. Seeing Josh Smith in another uniform............will feel like I'm kicking my kid out of the house. Doesn't feel like I've put 8 years of hope into this era.

No kidding. I moved from Atlanta to Cincy in 2004. Found the Squawk through Google looking for a way to stay in touch with some Hawks fans. Does not seem like it has been that long or I have invested that much time in this core. Time flies my friend.

But Chicago has Rose. They have a better personnel and system for Smith then we do. Just facts.