• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

What I don't get is this....................

Wurider05

why in the hell would you extend Drew if you knew there was a possibility that you wasn't bringing Sund back. Now he comes in with a coach that not his guy. Makes no sense at all. Next season won't be a fresh start.

I'm sure that if Ferry wants they can buy Drew out and bring in someone else.Sund may have had a 180 degree turn since that point as well. I'd bet they felt pretty good that Sund was coming back when they picked up the final year of LDs deal.

• Premium Member

why in the hell would you extend Drew if you knew there was a possibility that you wasn't bringing Sund back. Now he comes in with a coach that not his guy. Makes no sense at all. Next season won't be a fresh start.

I don't see it as being a huge deal. Drew wasn't extended, thet just picked up his option. If he is kept the entire year, he'll be back in the same place at the end of the year, looking for a new contract this time. The way things are being portrayed, I doubt Drew will be with this team beyond this season.

Guest Walter

The way things are being portrayed, I doubt Drew will be with this team beyond this season.

I see a coach like that as a very bad coach for any team. If we were going to give it one more run with this team, why do it with the same coach? W

• Premium Member

I see a coach like that as a very bad coach for any team. If we were going to give it one more run with this team, why do it with the same coach? W

My suspicion is that there'll be some changes and the same team won't return this season.

So......LD gets no love for being on pace to win 49.99999999999 games last season? Interesting.

Well, Buck Showalter got no love in 1995 from the Yankees after leading them to their first playoff appearance in 14 years; they ran him out of town for some loser named Joe Torre. How did that turn out?Some are satisfied with making the playoffs while others expect victory once there...

Not a valid argument. If you honestly feel Joe Torre is in the pipes with a core on the upswing of playoff contention then sure, you make that comparison. But since the core is actually on the downswing of playoff contention then really, not even Phil Jackson could do much better. Couple that with the fact he pulled out the BEST playoff appearance by the Hawks in 20 years just a season ago and you say to yourself, hmmm, just maybe he deserves a full 3 years.