• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Houston will pursue Josh Smith if they fail to get Dwight Howard

Joker

Marc Stein@ESPNSteinLine

Trade story add: Dwight obviously Rockets' dream target but sources say they'll pursue Atlanta's Josh Smith (and others) if ORL won't budge

14, 16, 18 Scola for Smith and 23

Edited by Joker

Marc Stein@ESPNSteinLine

Trade story add: Dwight obviously Rockets' dream target but sources say they'll pursue Atlanta's Josh Smith (and others) if ORL won't budge

14, 16, 18 Scola for Smith and 23

The Rockets aren't looking to move BOTH the 14 and 16 picks let alone the 18th pick. I would probably make that deal if it were presented but all of the Houston rumors I've heard only mention them offering 1 of their 1st rounders plus Scola or Dalembert.

The Rockets aren't looking to move BOTH the 14 and 16 picks let alone the 18th pick. I would probably make that deal if it were presented but all of the Houston rumors I've heard only mention them offering 1 of their 1st rounders plus Scola or Dalembert.

Atlanta isn't trading Josh Smith for a mid first and a mediocre player. They might as well keep Smith without question. two mid first is a starting point just to sit at the table. Edited by Joker

Dolfan, that has to be the worst idea ever. A mid first and an average player for exp Josh Smith. Not only is he exp but he is one of the top 25-35 players in the NBA and one of the most talented players in the NBA. You better offer a top 3-5 pick then.

Stein mentioned them looking to turn those into 2 top 10s.

Easier said than done.

Atlanta isn't trading Josh Smith for a mid first and a mediocre player. They might as well keep Smith without question. two mid first is a starting point just to sit at the table.

They're said to be offering Dalembert/filler and the 14/16 for Dwight. And you think that Josh is worth more than that? Sorry but that's not happening.

Dolfan, that has to be the worst idea ever. A mid first and an average player for exp Josh Smith. Not only is he exp but he is one of the top 25-35 players in the NBA and one of the most talented players in the NBA. You better offer a top 3-5 pick then.

Josh Smith has no value in the expiring department. Rashard Lewis types of players, sure, but not Josh Smith. Josh Smith would have value if he were signed for 2-3 more years. Overvalue Josh all you like but we're not getting a Dwight type of deal for Josh.
  • Like 2

Houston has nothing on their roster I would be interested in.

Kevin Martin and the #14 would be a big time get for a guy who is expiring and is rumored to want out. We'd be able to move Joe to the 3 and have a 2nd near-elite scorer in the starting lineup and we should be able to draft a quality player at 14.We have to stop thinking about trying to get equal value for Josh Smith as it's not going to happen. He's reached his peak and is perceived as a problem child in the league and he's on an expiring contract so unfortunately we're going to have to take less for him than he's truly worth.
  • Like 4

You really don't get it. Expiring is what makes moving Josh harder; it does not make him more valuable. If he was locked up for the next three to five seasons at his same pay scale right now then you get the value. But he is not and therefore it will be very hard to get market value for him.Three options for Josh next season facing any team that trades for him and two of them are bad.1-Josh can walk.2-Some team can offer Josh a max or near max deal,3-Josh can resign with you at his fair market value.The extra 5th year is no where near as valuable as the extra 6th under the new CBA. The owners wanted to reduce the number of guaranteed seasons. But that knife cuts both ways, if the money is not as wide spread a difference, the players can go where the cap is and hook up with a team/city/players they may like better.The owners got what they wanted, shorter big money commitments. The players got something they wanted, the ability to move a little more freely at a reduced cost to them financially. Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 1

Josh Smith needs to stay. Top 5 pick or two mid 1st or three mids and our 1st but otherwise this is stupid. Dolfan, this is amazingly awful. Josh Smith needs to retire a Hawk if you want that as a deal.

You really don't get it. Expiring is what makes moving Josh harder; it does not make him more valuable. If he was locked up for the next three to five seasons at his same pay scale right now then you get the value. But he is not and therefore it will be very hard to get market value for him.Three options for Josh next season facing any team that trades for him and two of them are bad.1-Josh can walk.2-Some team can offer Josh a max or near max deal,3-Josh can resign with you at his fair market value.The extra 5th year is no where near as valuable as the extra 6th under the new CBA. The owners wanted to reduce the number of guaranteed seasons. But that knife cuts both ways, if the money is not as wide spread a difference, the players can go where the cap is and hook up with a team/city/players they may like better.The owners got what they wanted, shorter big money commitments. The players got something they wanted, the ability to move a little more freely at a reduced cost to them financially.

Josh should walk then. Something stupid isn't an option. I would fire you in a millisecond if you were my GM. Thankfully Ferry is 100 times smarter than you and doesn't hold silly Josh Smith grudges like you do. Edited by Joker

They're said to be offering Dalembert/filler and the 14/16 for Dwight. And you think that Josh is worth more than that? Sorry but that's not happening.

My god, you really really. Stop it, you are starting to make me question you. Stop it. Please just stop. Someone from Houston hacked your account. I know it. I know it. Just a couple of weeks ago you were on the same boat as me. Top 5 or no trade for Smith.

I will ignore the comments from Buzz on Smith as usual, Dolfan till the person who hacked his account logs out off and Jaybird who with Buzz and Brazilian want to trade Smoove for a pair of Jordans.

Sup if you can't stop resorting to personal attacks then you're going to need to find someplace else to post.

I am not attacking you. I want to but I promise I wouldn't. Edited by Joker

My god, you really really. Stop it, you are starting to make me question you. Stop it. Please just stop. Someone from Houston hacked your account. I know it. I know it. Just a couple of weeks ago you were on the same boat as me. Top 5 or no trade for Smith.

This isn't 2K there are real world issues to consider that you're clearly missing.

I will ignore the comments from Buzz on Smith as usual, Dolfan till the person who hacked his account logs out off and Jaybird who with Buzz and Brazilian want to trade Smoove for a pair of Jordans.I am not attacking you. I want to but I promise I wouldn't.

I'm not specifically talking about me but I'm growing tired if your superior attitude toward others so either fix it or move on.