• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Houston will pursue Josh Smith if they fail to get Dwight Howard

Joker

@Dolfan, they will be preparaed now for it but its better to do it right now then waiting and dealing with the same mess as Orlando went through last year (if it was me, Dwight would be playing with Cats).Joker,I dont think a team in their right mind is going to give 3 picks and one player for Josh. You must be trippin' or something like that. I say 1 or 2 picks/player

Joker,I dont think a team in their right mind is going to give 3 picks and one player for Josh. You must be trippin' or something like that. I say 1 or 2 picks/player

Its only two picks net and we move up a few spots by sending them our 23rd. But I agree. A expiring Josh is not worth all that.

@Dolfan, they will be preparaed now for it but its better to do it right now then waiting and dealing with the same mess as Orlando went through last year (if it was me, Dwight would be playing with Cats).Joker,I dont think a team in their right mind is going to give 3 picks and one player for Josh. You must be trippin' or something like that. I say 1 or 2 picks/player

I don't expect a team to give up three picks for Smith but two mid first picks and a decent player with a below average value contract is a very fair deal. Either that or a top 5 pick. Pick swap for 18/23 is fair as well. Edited by Joker

I don't expect a team to give up three picks for Smith but two mid first picks and a decent player with a below average value contract is a very fair deal. Either that or a top 5 pick. Pick swap for 18/23 is fair as well.

So let me get this straight. 14/16/decent player = Happy Joker14/decent player = Joker who insults and attacks Hawksquawk membersSo for you, the 16th pick is really worth all this fuss? Oiye :stinker:
  • Like 1

So let me get this straight.

14/16/decent player = Happy Joker

14/decent player = Joker who insults and attacks Hawksquawk members

So for you, the 16th pick is really worth all this fuss? Oiye Posted Image

Completely changes our depth and possibility in the draft. We get four players in the draft as well as Scola or Daly. Get the gems like Marshall or what Sund and Dave loves in Wroten. We will get a true center via Daly or the draft. We can still sign a player for five mil like Jamal Crawford. Changes everything. With one pick that is basically Smoove replacement pick=lost value, Scola or Daly=below average value, so two mid 1st would be decent value but one is just bad value. That makes the world of difference. We can draft Marshall, Zeller, and Miller or Zeller, Ross, and Machado/Wroten. Then draft BPA at 43 since we answered our needs. But one limits us. We have to draft either Zeller/Marshall or Ezeli/Wroten and we have to find someone who can help fill the bench and we are limited in cap space as well. We need all the cheap help we can get. All of a sudden, 43 is a need pick instead of a value pick. It if fails which is likely regardless, we will look bad and probably end up with a NBDL player again.

Completely changes our depth and possibility in the draft. We get four players in the draft as well as Scola or Daly. Get the gems like Marshall or what Sund and Dave loves in Wroten. We will get a true center via Daly or the draft. We can still sign a player for five mil like Jamal Crawford. Changes everything. With one pick that is basically Smoove replacement pick=lost value, Scola or Daly=below average value, so two mid 1st would be decent value but one is just bad value. That makes the world of difference. We can draft Marshall, Zeller, and Miller or Zeller, Ross, and Machado/Wroten. Then draft BPA at 43 since we answered our needs. But one limits us. We have to draft either Zeller/Marshall or Ezeli/Wroten and we have to find someone who can help fill the bench and we are limited in cap space as well. We need all the cheap help we can get. All of a sudden, 43 is a need pick instead of a value pick. It if fails which is likely regardless, we will look bad and probably end up with a NBDL player again.

That is funny to think the ASG is going to spend the MLE. What in the world makes you think they will go five more million into the luxury?

You guys overvalue draft picks, especially non lottery picks way too much. Take a look at the 2007 draft.1. Greg Oden - 11.1 / 8.5 / .9 (66 games missed last 2 years)2. Kevin Durant - 28 / 8 / 3.53. Al Horford - 15 / 9 / 3.5 (adjusted)4 Mike Conley - 12.7 / 2.5 / 6.55. Jeff Green - 9.8 / 3.3 / .076. Yi Jianlian - 2.6 / 1.6 / .27. Corey Brewer - 8.9 / 2.5 / 1.58. Brandan Wright - 6.9 / 3.6 / .39. Joakim Noah - 10.2 / 9.8 / 2.510. Spencer Hawes - 9.6 / 7.3 / 2.711. Acie Law - 5.1 / 1.3 / 1.812. Thaddeus Young - 12.8 / 5.2 / 1.213. Juian Wright - 3.6 / 2.3 / 1.114. Al Thornton - 6.0 / 2.6 /.515. Rodney Stuckey - 14.8 / 2.6 / 3.816. Nick Young - 13 / 2 / 1 (adjusted)17. Sean Williams - 3.7 / 4 / 118. Marco Belinelli - 11.8 / 2.6 / 1.519. Javaris Crittendon - 5.3 / 2.9 / 2.620. Jason Smith - 9.9 / 4.9 / .921. Daeguan Cook - 5.5 / 2.1 /.322. Jared Dudley - 12.7 / 4.6 / 1.723. Wilson Chandler - 9.4 / 5.1 / 2.124. Rudy Fernandez - 8.7 / 2.1 / 2.425. Morris Almond - 3.5 / 2.0 / .526. Aaron Brooks - 9.6 / 1.1 /4.227. Aaron Afflalo - 15.2 / 3.2 / 2.428. Tiago Splitter - 9.3 / 5.2 / 1.129. Alando Tucker - N/A30. Petteri Koponen - N/AJosh Smith - 18.8 / 9.6 / 3.9Total 2007 picks with more points per game - 1 (Durant)Total 2007 picks with more rebounds/game - 1 (Noah by .2)Total 2007 picks with more assists/game - 2 (Conley, Brooks - both PG)Are you freaking kidding me? Scola and 1 pick? Are you freaking kidding me?Draft picks are a crap shoot. Smith's numbers outperform every person in the 2007 draft except Durant. If you could go back and put Smith in the 2007 draft, Durant would go 1, Smith 2, Horford 3, Noah 4. And you guys are like (but this is a deep draft, blah blah). This isn't like JJ's situation where he is 5 years older and in a massive contract. This is Josh in his prime.

It is not us Campster, it is Josh and his demand. I noticed you picked 2007, what happened to 2008, 09, and 10? 2011 would be way to early now and it is still considered a weak class.

You guys overvalue draft picks, especially non lottery picks way too much. Take a look at the 2007 draft.1. Greg Oden - 11.1 / 8.5 / .9 (66 games missed last 2 years)2. Kevin Durant - 28 / 8 / 3.53. Al Horford - 15 / 9 / 3.5 (adjusted)4 Mike Conley - 12.7 / 2.5 / 6.55. Jeff Green - 9.8 / 3.3 / .076. Yi Jianlian - 2.6 / 1.6 / .27. Corey Brewer - 8.9 / 2.5 / 1.58. Brandan Wright - 6.9 / 3.6 / .39. Joakim Noah - 10.2 / 9.8 / 2.510. Spencer Hawes - 9.6 / 7.3 / 2.711. Acie Law - 5.1 / 1.3 / 1.812. Thaddeus Young - 12.8 / 5.2 / 1.213. Juian Wright - 3.6 / 2.3 / 1.114. Al Thornton - 6.0 / 2.6 /.515. Rodney Stuckey - 14.8 / 2.6 / 3.816. Nick Young - 13 / 2 / 1 (adjusted)17. Sean Williams - 3.7 / 4 / 118. Marco Belinelli - 11.8 / 2.6 / 1.519. Javaris Crittendon - 5.3 / 2.9 / 2.620. Jason Smith - 9.9 / 4.9 / .921. Daeguan Cook - 5.5 / 2.1 /.322. Jared Dudley - 12.7 / 4.6 / 1.723. Wilson Chandler - 9.4 / 5.1 / 2.124. Rudy Fernandez - 8.7 / 2.1 / 2.425. Morris Almond - 3.5 / 2.0 / .526. Aaron Brooks - 9.6 / 1.1 /4.227. Aaron Afflalo - 15.2 / 3.2 / 2.428. Tiago Splitter - 9.3 / 5.2 / 1.129. Alando Tucker - N/A30. Petteri Koponen - N/AJosh Smith - 18.8 / 9.6 / 3.9Total 2007 picks with more points per game - 1 (Durant)Total 2007 picks with more rebounds/game - 1 (Noah by .2)Total 2007 picks with more assists/game - 2 (Conley, Brooks - both PG)Are you freaking kidding me? Scola and 1 pick? Are you freaking kidding me?Draft picks are a crap shoot. Smith's numbers outperform every person in the 2007 draft except Durant. If you could go back and put Smith in the 2007 draft, Durant would go 1, Smith 2, Horford 3, Noah 4. And you guys are like (but this is a deep draft, blah blah). This isn't like JJ's situation where he is 5 years older and in a massive contract. This is Josh in his prime.

But they want to trade for a trash deal and tell you it's because he will leave. Screw it, if he leaves, he leaves but if Houston wants him:Scola, 14, 16, 18 for Smith and 23. It's that simple. You should last year, it's even worse.

• Moderators

Draft picks are a crap shoot. Smith's numbers outperform every person in the 2007 draft except Durant. If you could go back and put Smith in the 2007 draft, Durant would go 1, Smith 2, Horford 3, Noah 4. And you guys are like (but this is a deep draft, blah blah). This isn't like JJ's situation where he is 5 years older and in a massive contract. This is Josh in his prime.

For what it is worth, I would guess that they go Durant 1, Horford 2, Noah 3, Gasol 4, Josh 5. Durant is the no-brainer. Horford is comparably strong with no real weaknesses. Noah and Gasol fill a premium position and don't take anything off the table. Josh is a stud who contributes in more areas than anyone but Durant but someone who might be a hard fit on a lot of teams due to his jump shooting which is a huge liability and he plays a position where there is a lot of depth. Edited by AHF

It is not us Campster, it is Josh and his demand. I noticed you picked 2007, what happened to 2008, 09, and 10? 2011 would be way to early now and it is still considered a weak class.

No it's this. You should only want to trade him for at the very least decent deals. Supporting trash deals isn't what real supporters do. If you are a manchester United fan you don't get rid of Rooney and Ronaldo and get bring in Donovan and Demspey and act like it's fair. Edited by Joker

• Moderators

But they want to trade for a trash deal and tell you it's because he will leave. Screw it, if he leaves, he leaves but if Houston wants him:Scola, 14, 16, 18 for Smith and 23. It's that simple. You should last year, it's even worse.

You should just hang the phone up on them. Josh will never draw that much value in a walk year. It is that simple.
  • Like 1

You should just hang the phone up on them. Josh will never draw that much value in a walk year. It is that simple.

Fine. He can walk or wait till the deadline. Gerald Wallace was traded for a top 6 pick. We need to get something close to that or better. Edited by Joker

Gerald Wallace was traded for the 6 pickBudinger for the 18 and some of you want to trade Smith for a 14 pick and an average player. Don't claim you are a fan. Please don't.

Fine. He can walk or wait till the deadline. Gerald Wallace was traded for a top 6 pick. We need to get something close to that or better.

Deadline gets you less. Its 2 1/2 month rental and no team is going to give up more for that when compared to a full season rental.

This is the only deal that even fair otherwise hell no.Scola 14,16,18 for Smith and 23.This or a top 5 pick otherwise and another decent young player.

Deadline gets you less. Its 2 1/2 month rental and no team is going to give up more for that when compared to a full season rental.

He can walk Buzz, I don't give a damn. You don't do stupid. That's the #1 thing you learn in life, you don't do stupid.

Gerald Wallace was traded for the 6 pickBudinger for the 18 and some of you want to trade Smith for a 14 pick and an average player. Don't claim you are a fan. Please don't.

I am not a fan of Joshs' game and less a fan of 1st and 2nd round exits. Josh wants out, then I want a mini rebuild. I am a fan just not of the two things I just mentioned. You wanting to hold onto Josh and let him walk, could easily be construed as you only being a Josh fan and most definitely not a tried and true Hawks fan.

• Moderators

Gerald Wallace was traded for a top 6 pick.

That was arguably the dumbest trade of the decade, IMO. You hope for that kind of good fortune but only a moron GM plans around getting that lucky. When Wallace walks, NJ is going to be the laughingstock of the NBA and a cautionary tale for the rest of the league.

This is the only deal that even fair otherwise hell no.Scola 14,16,18 for Smith and 23.This or a top 5 pick otherwise and another decent young player.He can walk Buzz, I don't give a damn. You don't do stupid. That's the #1 thing you learn in life, you don't do stupid.

Letting him walk is doing stupid so don't say you don't do stupid.

I want us to get a top 5 pick and get MKG or Drummond. That would be fair value for Smith. An top 25-35 player. Young. Defensively elite. An anchor. That would be fair value.