• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Houston will pursue Josh Smith if they fail to get Dwight Howard

Joker

Prepare to be disappointed.

Or be prepared to see a better deal likeScola and Martin 14,16,18 and future 1st for Smith, Marvin from Ferry.

I'll be thrilled if it happens.

That's a great freakin dealGet an exp in Martin, Scola is an overpaid backup PF but whatever, 14,16,18, and a future 1st. They get a star and a solid SF in Marvin who has a declining Player option. Great deal for us.

Or be prepared to see a better deal likeScola and Martin 14,16,18 and future 1st for Smith, Marvin from Ferry.

That would be prime. Although I'd rather find some way to do that without getting Scola. I would be willing to take a little bit less if we got Lowry (I know you don't like him that much, but I think he'd be a good fit).

That would be prime. Although I'd rather find some way to do that without getting Scola. I would be willing to take a little bit less if we got Lowry (I know you don't like him that much, but I think he'd be a good fit).

Lowry limits Horf potential which limits Joe. Pass.

• Premium Member

Martin/14 is never attractive. That would get a hell no for Jeff Teague.

You want to know what I think about it.

Posted Image

You are avoiding the question which is something I see you do on a regular basis. I'm asking you a direct question: would you rather get NOTHING for Josh Smith if the best deal we get is Martin/14 ?

• Premium Member

The chance alone of re-signing Josh is better than getting Martin/14. Even if he walks, we would get a trade exception. I think we will see a better offer than that, though.

Why would we get a trade exception? He's a UFA at the end of next season. We'd just get cap space.

Why would we get a trade exception? He's a UFA at the end of next season. We'd just get cap space.

Didn't Cleveland and Toronto get trade exception for LBJ and Bosh respectively. In essence it was a sign and trade with Cleveland also getting the following: "According to Windhorst, the Cavs will be getting two first-round picks from the Heat sometime between 2013 and 2017, a 2012 second-round pick from New Orleans, a future second-round pick, and a $16 million trade exception.

I don't know how the new CBA handles this and it also means the team signing Josh will have to be giving us picks as well, I guess it was LBJ's attempt at at least getting Cleveland something in return beside the TE.

Edited by JayBirdHawk

Didn't Cleveland and Toronto get trade exception for LBJ and Bosh respectively. In essence it was a sign and trade with Cleveland also getting the following: "According to Windhorst, the Cavs will be getting two first-round picks from the Heat sometime between 2013 and 2017, a 2012 second-round pick from New Orleans, a future second-round pick, and a $16 million trade exception.

I don't know how the new CBA handles this and it also means the team signing Josh will have to be giving us picks as well, I guess it was LBJ's attempt at at least getting Cleveland something in return beside the TE.

That is all fine and dandy.

Two 1st from Miami = 2 picks in the 25 to 30 range.

One second = 50 to 60 range

NO 2nd this season is 33rd.

A trade exception is only good if you want to take back more than you send. Do you honestly ever think we will be in a position with the ASG to go that far over the cap?

I would think two picks in this years draft in the 15 to 20 range would be close to equal what the Cavs got for Bron. Question is, do you think a expiring Josh will bring us more than Bron?

That is all fine and dandy.Two 1st from Miami = 2 picks in the 25 to 30 range.One second = 50 to 60 rangeNO 2nd this season is 33rd.A trade exception is only good if you want to take back more than you send. Do you honestly ever think we will be in a position with the ASG to go that far over the cap?I would think two picks in this years draft in the 15 to 20 range would be close to equal what the Cavs got for Bron. Question is, do you think a expiring Josh will bring us more than Bron?

No, I was answering Sothron's question about how we would get a Trade exception from a previous poster as opposed to Josh just walking and we get capspace...that is all. Edited by JayBirdHawk

The Knicks are going to in cap hell since Lin is getting a 13 mill offer for the last two years of his MLE contract. They would be open to trading Melo or Chandler for Smith. I would keep Smith unless we get a good to great deal in the draft.

Sorry Joker lost this thread when he said 14/16/avg player is a good trade but 14/avg player is a bad trade, thereby meaning the 16 pick was the deal breaker. Continuing with this thread discussion is as pointless as trying to control Afghanistan.

I changed my mind after Budinger trade and Blazers saying Millsap or Lowry for a 6/11 and the Wallace for 6th. A good trade is Scola, 14,16,18, and future 1st for Josh Smith.

No, I was answering Sothron's question about how we would get a Trade exception from a previous poster as opposed to Josh just walking and we get capspace...that is all.

ok but that does give us all a idea of how expiring players are valued. Bron brought two very late 1st (Miami), a early 2nd (NO 33rd) and a late 2nd (Miami). That is all for the greatest player on the planet.UFA.s have the power to move now, and teams under the cap who can sign them outright do not want to give up quality players. Giving up quality players and picks defeats the purpose of signing a good to great player, which is building a playoff contender.I don't see any high quality players or picks in that Bron SNT. The trade exception came from losing Bron. We will get one for Smoove as well I think. Edited by Buzzard

Sorry Joker lost this thread when he said 14/16/avg player is a good trade but 14/avg player is a bad trade, thereby meaning the 16 pick was the deal breaker. Continuing with this thread discussion is as pointless as trying to control Afghanistan.

No kidding, he compares this draft to 2007 then in almost the same breath calls the 16th pick so important its a deal breaker.

I changed my mind after Budinger trade and Blazers saying Millsap or Lowry for a 6/11 and the Wallace for 6th. A good trade is Scola, 14,16,18, and future 1st for Josh Smith.

Nobody will give us that. We couldn't even get the #2 by itself last year when Josh had more value than he does now.

No kidding, he compares this draft to 2007 then in almost the same breath calls the 16th pick so important its a deal breaker.

Its a head scratcher for sure. :stinker:

Nobody will give us that. We couldn't even get the #2 by itself last year when Josh had more value than he does now.

Its a head scratcher for sure. Posted Image

I have come to the conclusion that what ever argument will keep the debate going the Joker will use. Even if its a 180 degree change in his stance.

BK is that you? (jk camp nothing personal bro)Hawks have had the laziest (or non-existent) scouting department in all of the NBA. I am hoping Ferry will be able to change that. Yes, if BK was still here draft picks are almost worthless, because we are only gonna get a good player every orange moon. But, Ferry understanding and using the Spurs model of talent evaluation and making more hits than misses is what I am hoping for. Because realistically it is gonna be hard to get a game changer if we don't draft him.

LOL....you made snort a little.