• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Houston will pursue Josh Smith if they fail to get Dwight Howard

Joker

This isn't 2K there are real world issues to consider that you're clearly missing.

You are right because in NBA2k, you can get Smith on his contract year for only the 1st overall pick and another player. This is just boneheaded logic basically.

I'm not specifically talking about me but I'm growing tired if your superior attitude toward others so either fix it or move on.

I don't feel I am superior to anyone here. What makes you feel that way? Edited by Joker

Ferry is the GM thank god, he knows how not to do a Cal Bowdler for Nique Wilkins trade that no one would do. Maybe we should trade Josh Smith for Hasheem Thabeet and Johnny Flynn. What about Horford for Adam Morrison and Sasha Pacvolic

Edited by Joker

Hey guys, you think Orlando would trade us Dwight for Marvin and Ivan Johnson?

Again josh is being way over valued. Houston fans dont even seem to want him on their team.

I am on their board right now. I see more likes than dislikes. They like the idea of Smith more than Gasol.

I will ignore the comments from Buzz on Smith as usual, Dolfan till the person who hacked his account logs out off and Jaybird who with Buzz and Brazilian want to trade Smoove for a pair of Jordans.I am not attacking you. I want to but I promise I wouldn't.

Please don't reference me in any of your nonsense. I have my opinion as do you. now that I think about it, those pair of Jordan's would actually be better on this team than Josh right now. Edited by JayBirdHawk

Hey guys, you think Orlando would trade us Dwight for Marvin and Ivan Johnson?

Final warning to start acting like an adult and respecting the members of this site or I'm going to take the next step towards fixing that for you.

Please don't reference me in any of your nonsense. I have my opinion as do you. now that I think about it, those pair of Jordan's would actually be better on this team than Josh right now.

Jay, you know I love you. I can't wait till see you again the season chats. Posted Image No hard feelings.. Edited by Joker

Final warning to start acting like an adult and respecting the members of this site or I'm going to take the next step towards fixing that for you.

Alright, goodness, you are always on my case man. I'll lay low.

From the VERY well respected Jason Walker:

http://www.peachtreehoops.com/2012/6/26/3118397/nba-trade-rumors-josh-smith-to-the-rockets-rumors-espn

The Houston Rockets are allegedly going hard stockpiling talent to acquire and then entice Dwight Howard to remain a Rocket.

Rumors ESPN, in their story about Chase Budinger to Minnesota, the Rockets may be targeting Josh Smith as a part of that master plan.

What could Houston send back? Well, one of those first round picks along with, say, the also-expiring contract of Kevin Martin could be a start.

Assuming they could work out the salary cap implications of Josh Smith's 15 percent trade kicker, the Hawks could at least get a first round pick for Smith if they aren't willing to entertain an extension beyond this season or are convinced Josh will not re-sign with the Hawks under any circumstances once he becomes an unrestricted free agent after this season.

Assuming their master plan is successful, then the Rockets will have both Smith and Howard to convince to re-sign.

Exit Question: Is a first round pick and Kevin Martin enough to get you all to sign off on trading Josh Smith?

They get a top 7 pick and Martin and we can talk.

From Sheridan Hoops

starting to percolate, according to Chad Ford and Marc Stein: “Although sources stressed that no deal is imminent, Sacramento (No. 5) and Toronto (No. 8 ) have let Houston know that their top-10 selections are available. Sources say that the Rockets, in turn, have made both of their first-round picks available (No. 14 and No. 16), but the key to any trade going through could be point guard Kyle Lowry. The Raptors have been especially fond of Lowry, who has been regarded for months as a borderline untouchable in Houston but more recently has publicly expressed his dissatisfaction with Rockets coach Kevin McHale. Whether the Rockets are indeed prepared to part with Lowry, as talks with the Kings, Raptors and other teams continue, figures to be one of the bigger stories of draft week.”

[*]The Rockets’ ultimate goal may be to acquire the service of Dwight Howard, which is no surprise to Zach Lowe: “The Rockets have long been willing to deal for Howard without any up-front assurance that he would sign there long term. I have never heard anything to dispute reports that Houston was at least in the ballpark of a Howard blockbuster ahead of the March 15 trade deadline — until Howard opted in with the Magic for next season, effectively delaying the issue again. Howard is a transformational player, worthy of such a risk, especially in a market that (like most NBA markets) has very little history of luring the best free agents via straight-up free agency, despite the best efforts of Houston general manager Daryl Morey and his crew.”

Edited by sultanofatl

Letting Josh walk is a great idea. I rather that than Pau Gasol, Cal Bowdler, any pointless contract that doesn't make us any better. 1 more year of Josh>>>That. Who knows, maybe Josh resigns and we trade Joe.

From Sheridan Hoops

If that's the case then all talks must start with Lowry and at least the 14th pick, preferrably the 16th as well. In fact, I'd LOVE to see them give us Daly (who expires prior to the season) for Marvin in a side deal to clear a lot more salary.

Josh was #3 in NBA eWS and #1 in DWS. I am only trading him for someone like Drummond or two mid 1st at the very least. Josh Smith is not Jamal Crawford or Kevin Martin. He is a top tier player. Scola or Daly. I don't care, one of them is fine. Not high on Lowry with our personnel and I don't think Houston wants him in that type of deal anyway.

Edited by Joker

Letting Josh walk is a great idea. I rather that than Pau Gasol, Cal Bowdler, any pointless contract that doesn't make us any better. 1 more year of Josh>>>That. Who knows, maybe Josh resigns and we trade Joe.

What makes you think he would resign after asking to be traded?Are people that desperate for another first or second round exit that you would risk getting assets in return?

From the VERY well respected Jason Walker:

I've been one of those who said Martin and one of those mid-teen picks would be good for Josh IMO. I don't think it's equal talent for equal talent per se; however I do feel Martin could easily replace the scoring that Josh provided and we'd be more willing to pursue a true center and move Al to PF making our team more dynamic. I love what Josh brings, but some of the things he brings are a detriment to this team. His untimely long range shots, his reluctancy to give the ball up on the break, his constant arguing with the refs, all these things I feel hurt our team in the long run. Martin gives you very little on defense and is injury prone, so that hurts you. He's also in a contract year meaning he'll be giving it everything he has to get that next payday, whether it's in Atlanta or somewhere else. Our teams needs better rebounding, better man defense in the paint, getting to the charity stripe more often, better halfcourt offense and more consistency. Martin certainly doesn't offer an answer to all those, but he can help with a few of them. That #14 or #16 pick could help address some of the other issues.

What makes you think he would resign after asking to be traded?Are people that desperate for another first or second round exit that you would risk getting assets in return?

When did he request to be traded? I heard him say he wants to stay and retire a Hawk. Unless we get a great OFFER, I agree, he should retire a Hawk.Martin will be a bench in a month. Jamal Crawford part 2.