• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Golden State interested in Marvin?

Mutombolievable

Chris Broussard@Chris_Broussard

G State is eyeing several SFs via trade: Rudy Gay, Iguodala, Marvin Williams, in addition to Wil Chandler, sources say. Nothing imminent.

Wonder what the rumor is. I read in one place that they offered #7 for Wilson Chandler and #20 and in another place it was just Wilson Chandler for #7 straight up

Edited by Mutombolievable

Marvin/23 for 7. Posted Image

• Like 2

If we could get #7 for Marvin / #23 I'd do back flips down the hall!

I might start doing backflips on the rumor that Marvin could get traded for a lottery pick; I wouldn't know what to do with myself if it became a reality.

If Ferry pulled that off, the folks in Secaucus might as well shine, polish, and engrave the Executive of the Year trophy with Danny Ferry's name on it. Just ship it down here and end the speculation...

• Like 4

I agree if they are offering 7 for Chandler we better be able to get 7 for Marvin and #23. I would even think about doing Zaza and Marvin for 7 and Biedrins.Finally, Smoove is not getting traded if Wilson is worth 7 there is nothing in this draft worth Smoove not even 6 and 11.

With Budinger going for #18 and Wallace going for #6. Marvin/23 for #7 doesn't surprise me at all.

I agree if they are offering 7 for Chandler we better be able to get 7 for Marvin and #23. I would even think about doing Zaza and Marvin for 7 and Biedrins.Finally, Smoove is not getting traded if Wilson is worth 7 there is nothing in this draft worth Smoove not even 6 and 11.

Why trade Zaza? Naw, leave Zaza out of this one.Smoove real value in this draft is #1 overall. Since that's not happening. Forget it.

• Moderators

The comparison isn't Smoove v. Chandler.It is Chandler signed for less than $7M for the next 4 years with a very attractive non-guaranteed fourth year or expiring contract Josh Smith. No one is trading for Chandler and losing him. That is the risk any team acquiring Josh would run.You can't keep looking at these while ignoring the contracts which play a huge part in these decisions.
  • Like 2

The comparison isn't Smoove v. Chandler.It is Chandler signed for less than $7M for the next 4 years with a very attractive non-guaranteed fourth year or expiring contract Josh Smith. No one is trading for Chandler and losing him. That is the risk any team acquiring Josh would run.You can't keep looking at these while ignoring the contracts which play a huge part in these decisions.

Chandler contract is as big as Marvin's if not bigger and Marvin had a much better season this year. If you trade for Josh, it's extremely likely he will resign. Edited by Joker

Not really a accurate point when you see that the Nets traded away a lottery pick for one year of Gerald Wallace who has now opted out of his contract.

Marvin>>>ChandlerMarvin contract>>>Chandler's.Hell this would be a hell of a deal for Golden State.

Not really a accurate point when you see that the Nets traded away a lottery pick for one year of Gerald Wallace who has now opted out of his contract.

Teams make mistakes, that doesn't mean that those mistakes set the new standard.

Hell, we can get a 7 pick for Marvin and you fools wanted a bench player(Martin) and a mid first for Josh. See, you all would be fired with me in charged. FIRED!The precedence has been set. Scouts don't like this draft that much outside of the Davis.

• Like 1

Chandler contract is as big as Marvin's if not bigger and Marvin had a much better season this year. If you trade for Josh, it's extremely likely he will resign.

Chandler is about to enter his second year of a 5 year $37 million contract (not sure abt incentives)Marvin is about to enter his fourth year of a 5 year $37.5 million contract with incentives for about $5 million more if hit***I think. Correct me if wrong Edited by Mutombolievable

• Moderators

Chandler contract is as big as Marvin's if not bigger and Marvin had a much better season this year.

Chandler is paid less than 75% of what Marvin is.Chandler's 2012/13 salary is $5.9MMarvin's 2012/13 salary is $8.3MChandler sat out almost the entire season so of course Marvin had the bigger year. In the full seasons they have played, they have been very similar statistically on a per minute basis but Marvin's role with the team has declined every year to his 10 ppg level. Chandler has averaged 15 ppg the last two full seasons so I doubt GM's have forgotten that. Chandler is also younger.It is a good bet that there are GMs that value Chandler more.

Explain that.

Money and he would probably sign an extension as well.

Hell, we can get a 7 pick for Marvin and you fools wanted a bench player(Martin) and a mid first for Josh. See, you all would be fired with me in charged. FIRED!

The precedence has been set. Scouts don't like this draft that much outside of the Davis.

That is the thing being missed in exchange for the right to make arguments against the worth of expiring contracts and player abilities.