• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks have made a number of calls to Billy Donovan and Florida about landing Bradley Beal

GameTime

Let's see, no major holes in his game, excellent shooting form, deferred to older players as a freshman, did not light it up his first year as was expected, entered the draft before showing he was capable of being the lead dog at the college level, projected to be the no. 2 pick based mainly on his potential. Does this remind you of anyone?

• Like 1

• Moderators

They see a shooting stroke that screams elite shooter, the best rebounding guard in the nation, and a guy with a physical frame who is strong enough for and who likes drawing contact. Prest, Buford and the rest are highly interested for a reason.

• Premium Member

I have to be honest in saying that I when I watch Beal on both sides of the court he reminds me of a one inch shorter Wade out there. His athletic ability is off the charts and he has a very, very good shooting motion. He also makes play on both sides of the court and is a good defender. I absolutely would trade Joe or Josh to get a guy like that to help rebuild. He may in fact be a superstar at the NBA level.

• Moderators

I doubt there would be as much hype about Beal if he went somewhere out west instead of Florida.

I agree with this as far as local media and Squawk posters. I don't agree as far as national media and NBA GM's. Beal is the only guy who is the subject of a dozen different rumors and reported interest from half the GM's in the league. Everyone knows that Davis isn't available (or he would be the primary topic) but that Charlotte is ready to deal. Consequently, Beal seems to be the primary guy GM's are searching for a way to acquire.Mark Bradley probably hypes him up more than say Washington's Ross because of school and location. Sam Presti & RC Buford? I don't see the same bias.

They see a shooting stroke that screams elite shooter, the best rebounding guard in the nation, and a guy with a physical frame who is strong enough for and who likes drawing contact. Prest, Buford and the rest are highly interested for a reason.

That's basically what I said at Peachtree. Presti, Buford, and Ferry all seem to be on him, and all use analytics. However, Beal's metrics aren't that great. What do they see? IMO, I think they see a fixable jumper that they feel will get better with coaching. Beal is very much above average in two aspects though. He is above average in efficiency when in isolation, and he has tremendous defensive potential with a RSB/40 of 10.5.

• Moderators

That's basically what I said at Peachtree. Presti, Buford, and Ferry all seem to be on him, and all use analytics. However, Beal's metrics aren't that great. What do they see? IMO, I think they see a fixable jumper that they feel will get better with coaching. Beal is very much above average in two aspects though. He is above average in efficiency when in isolation, and he has tremendous defensive potential with a RSB/40 of 10.5.

I think that is exactly it. They see a guy who underperformed on his jump shot compared to what they expect to see in the NBA and they see a lot of other positives with him that give a base for a great player at a position with very star power in the NBA.

I think that is exactly it. They see a guy who underperformed on his jump shot compared to what they expect to see in the NBA and they see a lot of other positives with him that give a base for a great player at a position with very star power in the NBA.

Now, if they are really looking at Drummond as well, that is something I haven't figured out what they are looking at. Drummond is a weak rebounder and offensive player. He's essentially an athletic shot blocker that has youth on his side right now. He only hit 54% of his 2 point shots this year and only averaged 10.2 rebounds per 40 minutes. His one great aspect is that he held opponents to 0.4 some odd PPP in low post situations.

If the Hawks are unable to move up, I think a name to keep in the back of your mind will be Evan Fournier. The Hawks quietly got him in to workout with Ty Taylor and Tony Wroten, and this was after Danny Ferry took over. They then brought him back for a second workout yesterday along with a few other shooters. Fournier has drawn comparisons to Manu Ginobili, played in the top European League at the age of 19 and lead his team in scoring. He's got a beautiful jumper and great potential as a perimeter scorer, but he also attacks the basket, draws fouls, rebounds well.

• Like 1

If the Hawks are unable to move up, I think a name to keep in the back of your mind will be Evan Fournier. The Hawks quietly got him in to workout with Ty Taylor and Tony Wroten, and this was after Danny Ferry took over. They then brought him back for a second workout yesterday along with a few other shooters. Fournier has drawn comparisons to Manu Ginobili, played in the top European League at the age of 19 and lead his team in scoring. He's got a beautiful jumper and great potential as a perimeter scorer, but he also attacks the basket, draws fouls, rebounds well.

I agree KB. Fournier sounds like Mano from the write-ups. I would be extremely happy to pick him up at 23.

• Moderators

Dozens? As far as I can tell it is just disciples of the Spurs organization who are making these rumors. Lots of like minded people (eh well more like 4) clamoring about one player does not give a consensus. They all are overvaluing him for some reason, although admittedly not because he went to Florida.

My post was more directed at the city and the board. It is fine to be a homer so long as you are willing to admit the possibility of being biased.

Well, I did say a dozen which is very different from "dozens! I have seen rumors just today for interest in Beal (and numerous others prior to today) with:

WAS

CLE

OKC

SAS

ATL

So if it isn't a dozen, it is pretty darn close!

We only have 6 players under contract Fournier is still under contract overseas so he isn't even coming over this year. How would that help us?

Why do we want this Eric Gordon/Ray Allen mash up so bad. Oh well, at least he's a #1 option.