• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

"Rumor": Celtics might trade Josh for Brandon Bass

Admin

No flipping way this is even possible unless we're paying Bass like $15 million a season and yeah that's not happening.

http://www.celticslife.com/2012/06/celtics-exploring-deals-for-josh-smith.htmlAccording to CSNNE's Sherrod Blakely, the Celtics are looking to acquire Josh Smith from the Hawks in exchange for Brandon Bass in a sign-and-trade, and have also re-opened the door to OJ Mayo negotiations:

#CelticsTalk: The #Celtics exploring a ton of options leading up to tonight's #NBA draft, including another run at #Grizzlies SG O.J. Mayo. — A. Sherrod Blakely (@SherrodbCSN) June 28, 2012

#CelticsTalk: #NBA source says any deal involving #Hawks Josh Smith would most likely include sign-and-trade w/Brandon Bass. — A. Sherrod Blakely (@SherrodbCSN) June 28, 2012

• Moderators

I suppose in fairness "include" could mean as a minor part of the deal to make salaries match where we are picking up multiple picks, etc. as the real driver for the deal but it is hard to see a deal that is a logical fit with Boston.

I suppose in fairness "include" could mean as a minor part of the deal to make salaries match where we are picking up multiple picks, etc. as the real driver for the deal but it is hard to see a deal that is a logical fit with Boston.

I don't believe that you can add extra players if you're SnT a FA though, can you?
  • Like 1

Another older rumor. Come on internets! Give us something fresh!Ah well. Guess I'll sneak in a nap before the draft, I'll probably need it to make it through another boring outing by the team.

Hey there's a chance that we WON'T sell our pick tonight so don't sleep too long!

PLUS Doc Rivers!

THAT's the move I'm waitin' for Ferry to make. Bring in Doc to guide a new look Hawks to a champions' parade down Peachtree.