• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Larry Drew: "We have guys who can command dbl tms and break people down. Who better to pass to than a knock-down shooter?"

GameTime

Drew is incompetent and his comment on Jenkins earlier is telling. He claims the 1st time he saw him he was not impressive then he came to Atlanta and shot the cover off the ball. That is not a knockdown shooter that is a streaky shooter. Ferry is no better than the other jokes we have had

I told you in the chat. This pick had LD all over it.

• Premium Member

Drew is incompetent and his comment on Jenkins earlier is telling. He claims the 1st time he saw him he was not impressive then he came to Atlanta and shot the cover off the ball. That is not a knockdown shooter that is a streaky shooter. Ferry is no better than the other jokes we have had

John Jenkins is one of the purest shooters in the history of college basketball. Calling him merely a "streaky" shooter is just being naive.That's not to say that he will be a success in the NBA but you are highly misinformed about his shooting ability.
  • Like 1

Jenkins is a hell of a shooter. They man can really light it up. I have no issue with him in general, I just wanted a playmaking PG.

great shooter, but that is all you get from him. period. not a great or even good defender, can't distribute, can't drive to the basket, can't create his own show, doesn't handle the ball.we got a guy who can stand around the perimeter and wait for someone to pass the ball to him for him to jack a shot up. great, that is exactly what we've been missing.

I went to a SEC school and saw the guy play a million times. He is not that good. He was the #1 guy on that team and took a large quantity of there shots. That will not be the case for him in Atl.

John Jenkins is one of the purest shooters in the history of college basketball. Calling him merely a "streaky" shooter is just being naive.That's not to say that he will be a success in the NBA but you are highly misinformed about his shooting ability.

The preacher at my church league was one of the purest shooters I have ever seen. He could launch a two handed shot from chest high and (swear to gosh) - hit 50% from near half court. IT WAS AMAZING....swish, swish, swish.Of course nobody ever guarded him out there because it would be an insult to guard the preacher way out there.Maybe the other NBA players will give the same decency to Jenkins and not guard him on long shots either. Edited by DJlaysitup

• Premium Member

The preacher at my church league was one of the purest shooters I have ever seen. He could launch a two handed shot from chest high and (swear to gosh) - hit 50% from near half court. IT WAS AMAZING....swish, swish, swish.Of course nobody ever guarded him out there because it would be an insult to guard the preacher way out there.Maybe the other NBA players will give the same decency to Jenkins and not guard him on long shots either.

I hope he does draw that kind of attention. If so, it will mean drastic improvements to our offense as there will be no help defense from his side.Players like Jenkins love being blanketed as it makes it easy to lose his defender using his excellent off the ball skills coming off of multiple screens.

great shooter, but that is all you get from him. period. not a great or even good defender, can't distribute, can't drive to the basket, can't create his own show, doesn't handle the ball.

we got a guy who can stand around the perimeter and wait for someone to pass the ball to him for him to jack a shot up. great, that is exactly what we've been missing.

He can do both well, it's the giving the ball up part he has a problem with. Edited by thecampster

Did this kid ever win the three point shooting (NCAA) contest?I dunno...did he? Is he that good even as a short shooter? Larry Bird won it every time he walked out on the court...and even he..at 6-9 - had trouble getting good shots off against quality defense.

Edited by DJlaysitup

I'm excited about this guy. He shot over 40% on 3's. And guys, Joe Johnson still gets doubled A LOT. Not only does this improve our outside shooting but if he's on the floor spacing it, it's going to make Joe Johnson a better player. Think of all the 3's Pargo would be wide open for or Hinrich would be open for. A lot of times it was because Joes was doubled. If this guy is knocking down threes Joe gets guarded man to man and really Joe is still very good at breaking down his man one on one.

• Like 1

Good lord. Every analyst under the sun says he is the best shooter in the draft. However, our Hawsquawk experts thinks he sucks.

not saying he sucks. he is very, very good at one thing - shooting, but that is about it. what i'm upset about is there were a handful of players available at that pick i would've preferred that i think would've been better for the team as a whole. ezeli, moultrie, wroten, pj3, barton, quincy miller...we already have enough players out around the perimeter waiting for their shot.

Since Larry Drew is saying this may he will run a offense that will help Jenkins be great. If he haves him coming off of screens he will always be open. If he can get occasional drive like Ray Allen we should be fine. But thats only if Larry Drew proves to be a better coach than what we've seen.

He can do both well, it's the giving the ball up part he has a problem with.

he doesn't take his man off the dribble. he's a spot up shooter, uses a lot of screens to create space, maybe uses one or two dribbles then shoots. maybe he does have handles and can create for himself, but i don't think he kept the ball in his hands long enough to show it. i guess he could be a good player that drew is looking for implementing more motion, less iso. we'll see if the other players will get him involved enough to matter.

• Premium Member

I haven't seen this one dimensional a player since Salim Stoudamire was in the draft. The only thing Jenkins can do is shoot. He's a bad defender, a bad rebounder, has no handles, can not create his own shot and is a little short at the NBA level for a two guard. If he got drafted by the Heat where he'd routinely get open then I'd call it a good pick for them. But for us and who was still there....no. Bad pick.