• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Remember when Joe said he'd recruit some talent?

ATL_BALLER

• Moderators

...and maybe T-Mac... nothing like Wade recruiting 'Bron and Bosh...

In fairness, Miami had room to add Bron and Bosh after Wade recruited them. Once Joe signed, we had room only for minimum salary guys. He may well have recruited Jason Collins and Willie Green and the rest.

In fairness, Miami had room to add Bron and Bosh after Wade recruited them. Once Joe signed, we had room only for minimum salary guys. He may well have recruited Jason Collins and Willie Green and the rest.

Haha! Funny.

• Moderators

That was his agent, Arn "Soulja Boi" Tellem, offering up Joe's next sleight-of-hand. Ya gotta love the very last line, tho:

http://www.huffingto...e_b_635159.html

Over his five years in Atlanta, Joe has established himself as one of the most formidable forces in pro ball.

As a dynamic Mr. Inside/Mr. Outside duo, he and his young teammate Al Horford rank statistically just behind Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol. The Hawks also have Josh Smith, who, at 24, is one of the league's emerging talents. There's a lot to like in Atlanta these days.

Before becoming a free agent, Joe focused on the Hawks, the Bulls and the Knicks. Chicago offered him a chance to play with the brilliant point guard Derrick Rose and a tough young center, Joakim Noah. A further incentive: the roster included Joe's great friend Jannero Pargo, one of his college teammates. New York has Mike D'Antoni, the coach who nurtured Joe in Phoenix. Joe loved playing for D'Antoni and was excited by the possibility of joining him in New York. It seemed like a perfect match: a tenacious player who never naps on court in the city that never sleeps.

When the free-agency period kicked in, Joe made a point of talking to the Hawks first. Their owners and new coach, Larry Drew, impressed Joe with their commitment to making the team championship-caliber. In turn, Joe felt equally committed to the Hawks, his teammates and the city of Atlanta.

With all his success, Joe remains as grounded as he was a decade ago at our first meeting in Little Rock. His priorities are his family, his friends and his game. Joe could have forced a sign-and-trade deal for five years with another team, but he decided that winning in Atlanta would be more meaningful. When the Hawks offered the maximum -- six years -- he happily reciprocated.

For his next act, Joe plans to actively recruit other top free agents to Atlanta, a place not unlike his hometown, where he feels comfortable and appreciated.

LeBron, you've already met with the front offices of six teams. How about considering the Hawks?

~lw3 Edited by lethalweapon3
  • Like 1

He did recruit talent. he recruited Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, Andrew Jackson, etc for the Joe Johnson Bank Accounts. They went undefeated last year and haven't lost a game in 2 seasons. woodrow wilson ran point last season.

• Like 1

Sweet we all get it. JJ's contract was awful. He will never be worth the money we paid for him. He is declining and we are stuck with him and mediocrity.

I wish Joe could become a superstar talent, but its just a pipe dream, it will never happen, Im sorry to say that it looks like his best years are past him. Joe is the reason why this team is stuck in the position we are in. I wish we could rewind back to that year and just decided to build around Al and Josh. I would rather have OJ Mayo, he would mesh better with what we have than Iso Joe.

i'm really starting to hate Joe. He doesn't care about winning championships. All he cares about is the money in his bank account. If he really care then he would have taken way less money so the Hawks could at least TRY to get some more talented guys. I can't wait til we finally amnesty this guy. He is not the worth the 90 million we still have to pay him.

• Premium Member

A promise he made (or at least his agent did) when he signed his lucrative deal. Putting aside the fact that said contract instantly eliminated any real possibilities, how's that promise working out?Sorry, I know I'm a buzz kill.

Lemme tell ya how that worked.Joe: Hey A$G I gotcha some cats that want to play hereA$G: are they willing to take the vet. min. contracts?Joe: Of course not, you guys gonna have to use the luxury tax like you promised you would when I resignedA$G: LOL Joe we're not spending a penny more than we already are. The only free agents we'll get are vet. min. guys.And that's when Joe probably stopped trying to get guys here.

• Premium Member

Well, I have a different thought on this.I think that the Joe and his agent made this promise. But Joe and his agent are not the GM or Gearon Jr. Don't get me wrong, I believe that we are starved for some superstar, however, I think that there were opportunities that were brought alone to get us guys but Sund refuted.Here are some of the guys that Arn represents:Pau Gasol.Derrick RoseRussell WestbrookDorell WrightTyreke EvansBrook LopezSpencer HawesAntwain JamisonJason CollinsTracy McGradyAl HorfordBrandon RoyRight now, I'm sure that Tellem calls up his guys and says.. Hey, how about Atlanta? IF they say Yeah, he makes it happen (or used to). Sund was Arn's guy. Notice they said that Gasol was Sund's prerogative. Probably because Tellem knows he could get a Josh/Marvin for Gasol/Pick/Filler deal worked out. We have also been rumored in play for a lot of these guys. Like Lopez.. and we have had McGrady and Collins. Danny Ferry being in charge changes the dynamic.

• Premium Member

I wish we could get Roy. Him and Joe would be nice on the wings.

Well, Roy's coming back from injury retirement. You saw last night how terrified GMs are of putting money into injury. I think with Tellem's help, we could take an injured Roy as a new member of the vet min because he's already getting 19 Million.

Well, Roy's coming back from injury retirement. You saw last night how terrified GMs are of putting money into injury. I think with Tellem's help, we could take an injured Roy as a new member of the vet min because he's already getting 19 Million.

I think he will get offers from 3-5 mil. I hope you're right though..

Teams like minny want to give a lot like 3 to 4 mil. He is out the question.

• Premium Member

Teams like minny want to give a lot like 3 to 4 mil. He is out the question.

I'll believe it when I see it. IF teams let a guy like Percy Jones III slide to 1.000 Million dollar land before drafting him... from top 10.. then why would they go for a guy like Roy who has a bad history of knee problems. Just look to Tmac.