• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Brooklyn and Atlanta are engaged in talks on a possible Joe Johnson trade

GameTime

If they are that far under the cap, which they are, they can do a deal like that. But something tells me that more might be involved. A S&T of Wallace, Humphries or Lopez back to us a possibility.

I agree but it seems they would need all 3 and they would need Morrow to come off the bench.Deron/TaylorJoe/MorrowWallceHumpriesLopezI could see Brooks, Petro, and what other scraps they have laying around or maybe a 3rd team like Houston since they are trying to get rid of Scola.

I don't want to lose joe for nothing but his contract is just too large. He's a top 3-5 sg but and his price, it best he goes. We keep josh and al, trade josh for rondo or someone of that level like melo and try to sign dwight in free agency. Either way we are in bs but damn, what more can we do. We need a superstar but I would try to get a pnrr pg before I trade joe away.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--brooklyn-nets-discussing-trade-for-atlanta-hawks-guard-joe-johnson.htmlSpeculates it could be Farmar, Morrow, Petro, and one of the sign and trade possibilities namely Kardashian boy since they plan or re-signing Lopez and Wallace. Don't like any of that talent but the salary dump would be cool, I guess.

Petro and scola got bad contract. F that I would rather joeI agree but it seems they would need all 3 and they would need Morrow to come off the bench.Deron/TaylorJoe/MorrowWallceHumpriesLopezI could see Brooks, Petro, and what other scraps they have laying around or maybe a 3rd team like Houston since they are trying to get rid of Scola.

• Premium Member

Did you guys even read the article.Joe for Farmer, Petro, Morrow, and a free agent.So, we trade one of our best guys and we get back those guys that made up the losing team from last year...There will not be much cap room in this... so forget about getting D-12.If this goes... This will be a funny read in years to come...

• Like 1

With all the money they have to pay Joe we won't get much back but i'm fine with that. If they give us Marshon Brooks, Lopez, and maybe a second round pick I would be happy. We get good players like Brooks and Lopez and room to sign a great bench.

• Moderators

Going one step back to go three steps forward. If this goes through, I'll miss Joe, but definitely not his contract. S&T for Lopez ($8-10 mil) and picks. Gives us a nice trade exception, we have our MLE, and we still have our amnesty, too. I just wonder if any potential FA will be deterred from coming to Atlanta now... Not that they were standing in line to play with Joe or anything, but big time players don't want to sign with teams going through rebuilds...

Edited by PSSSHHHRRR87

The deal currently is:MorrowFarmarPetro (all 1 year remaining, totaling 11.75 million) + one resigned FA.The available free agents are:Gerald WallaceDeshawn StevensonDamion JonesShelden WilliamsGerald GreenMy guess is Stevenson or Wallace.However, we don't need to take anything back more than the basics. They have tons of room.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--brooklyn-nets-discussing-trade-for-atlanta-hawks-guard-joe-johnson.htmlSpeculates it could be Farmar, Morrow, Petro, and one of the sign and trade possibilities namely Kardashian boy since they plan or re-signing Lopez and Wallace. Don't like any of that talent but the salary dump would be cool, I guess.

I am not feeling that. Just trade us exp contracts and young players. Why the hell would we want kim kardashian man on this team. Just keep joe then.

I would just HOPE that Brooks is involved. Dude can score. My worry would be all we get back is scraps like Morrow, Petron and Farmar (though we could use the backup PG). But still, I'd almost do it. For Brooklyn the end game must be something like Deron, Joe, Wallace, PF, Lopez because it would be kissing Dwight goodbye. (I also don't think they could afford to bring back all three of Wallace, Hump and Lopez that's why I left Hump out.)Fantasy: It'd be rad if we got back Wallace kind of cheap with Brooks. But let's be honest, since this is a salary dump we can't expect anything great back. But one can dream: Teague, Brooks, Wallace, Josh and Al. I like it for now. Until the Josh end game plays out.

Wow seriously...well its time for a new beginning I mean JJ had his time here. Looks to me that a 3rd team would have to get involvedim thinking we get lopez and kevin martin (assuming rockets are the 3rd team)but who knows......Hell maybe this is a setup to go after D. Howard next year!

I would just HOPE that Brooks is involved. Dude can score. My worry would be all we get back is scraps like Morrow, Petron and Farmar (though we could use the backup PG). But still, I'd almost do it. For Brooklyn the end game must be something like Deron, Joe, Wallace, PF, Lopez because it would be kissing Dwight goodbye. (I also don't think they could afford to bring back all three of Wallace, Hump and Lopez that's why I left Hump out.)Fantasy: It'd be rad if we got back Wallace kind of cheap with Brooks. But let's be honest, since this is a salary dump we can't expect anything great back. But one can dream: Teague, Brooks, Wallace, Josh and Al. I like it for now. Until the Josh end game plays out.

I know joe haters love this but I am not feeling this at all. I already starting to hate danny ferry. If we don't lant machado. I am done with this team. This much incompetence is too much for me. We are stuck is milwaukee land after this deal

Did you guys even read the article.Joe for Farmer, Petro, Morrow, and a free agent.So, we trade one of our best guys and we get back those guys that made up the losing team from last year...There will not be much cap room in this... so forget about getting D-12.If this goes... This will be a funny read in years to come...

Diesel,All 3 players are on 1 years deals. Essentially if we do this deal, we get a backup center and point guard. We play Jenkins at the 2, Morrow backs him up.3 players brings us to 10 players (including our picks) and we'll only have about $57 million in cap committed. We can then use our mid level extension to get a player.Don't believe these players will stay either...they are all expirings and can be trade chips. This is a good deal for the Hawks...not great, but good.Also, this trade frees up space to sign Josh next year. Marvin and or Zaza can be packaged with any of these players now to retool. You are rebuilding with Teague, Jenkins, Josh, Al and whatever these players, Marvin/Zaza bring you.

Still haven't seen Dwight dominate the post offensively. He is overrated offensively and would be a disappointed other than probably putting more people in the seats. That is another topic though

• Like 1

Wow seriously...well its time for a new beginning I mean JJ had his time here. Looks to me that a 3rd team would have to get involvedim thinking we get lopez and kevin martin (assuming rockets are the 3rd team)but who knows......Hell maybe this is a setup to go after D. Howard next year!

They are not trading lopez for joes contract.Don't they have a lot of cap room?

• Admin

I want to point out that only two signicant free agents signed here ... Deke and joe. We lose joe for just cap space and we are back to being a perineal lottery team for years to come. Players do not want to sign here and so we will be stuck as a crappy team again.

• Like 1

man if we could trade joe i would stand in the middle of centenial parks waterworks with some speedos & grab my johnson & stump my heels like michal jackson singing YOU ROCK MY WORLD,YOU KNOW YOU DID.i always said we could get somebody to give us 24 pts. a night from that postion consistantly we would be in good shape & im beginning to believe they have found that person in jenkins.charles said it so bluntly, " I LOVE JOE BUT YOU CAN FIND SOMEONE FOR 10 MILLION DLRS A YR.TO GIVE YOU WHAT HES GIVING YOU".

• Like 3

I know joe haters love this but I am not feeling this at all. I already starting to hate danny ferry. If we don't lant machado. I am done with this team. This much incompetence is too much for me. We are stuck is milwaukee land after this deal

You need to rethink this.Teague/FarmarJenkins/MorrowMarvinJosh/ScottAl/Zaza/Petro$57 million. Effectively 13-15 million before the LT. It's a good starting point. There will be $16 million in expirings at the end of the year plus Marvin on his option year of 7.5 million.