• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Brooklyn and Atlanta are engaged in talks on a possible Joe Johnson trade

GameTime

Just figured up the numbers. If all the Hawks take back is Marshon Brooks, Anthony Morrow, and Johan Petro, their payroll suddenly drops from almost $61 million to a little more than $49 million, which would put them under the league's $58 million cap.This might give them the ammo to replace Joe with free agent Louis Williams.

Teague and Louis Williams is asking for death on the defensive end. Edited by NJHAWK

Teague and Louis Williams is asking for death on the defensive end.

According to the advanced metrics, Louis Williams accounted for 2.2 DWS last year and held opposing point guards to a 12.1 PER and opposing shooting guards to a 11.9 PER.Joe Johnson accounted for 2.1 DWS last year and held opposing shooting guards to a 10.0 PER and opposing small forwards to a 13 PER. Lou's lack of size does not effect his defensive ability.
  • Like 1

off topic kinda...

S@#t has hit the fan in Orlando

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard

"Sources tell @RicBucher Players Assn is considering taking legal action against the Magic on Dwight's behalf. Goal would be to eliminate Dwight's opt-in and make him a free agent this summer."

Adreian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Y! Sources: The Orlando Magic have decided to begin engaging in trade discussions for Dwight Howard. http://tinyurl.com/7cxpdod

Trading Joe might be the best thing for the Hawks long term, but short term we are going to probably be lottery bound.It'll be hard watching Josh run the show with no restraints....bad jumper after bad jumper, completely ignoring teammates, bringing the ball up, shouting at Teague, being the man.....sighsend out Josh and build around Teague and Horf, and this team might actually be watchable

Edited by Supporter
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Just figured up the numbers. If all the Hawks take back is Marshon Brooks, Anthony Morrow, and Johan Petro, their payroll suddenly drops from almost $61 million to a little more than $49 million, which would put them under the league's $58 million cap.This might give them the ammo to replace Joe with free agent Louis Williams.

NJ will make us take Jordan Farmer also. NJ is using this to clear up some cap of their own. The bottome line is that we will take back 13-17 Million in this deal. We will gain about 3-7 million. We will fill a lot of roster spaces on the trade and it's doubtful that we will spend up to the cap.The only plan here KB is fire sale.

• Premium Member

Just heard that Dwight wants to go to Brooklyn again with these Joe Johnson trade rumors. I say keep him or trade him to a team in the West.

I think NJ wants Joe and Dwight. They prolly won't keep Deron. In fact, if Deron goes to Dallas, look for this trade to go through along with them trading for Dwight. They will be a dominant combo. We'd probably be fool enough to give them Teague too.

Actually, NJ wants JJ as a lure to keep Williams. After hearing that the trade might happen, Howard now wants to get in on the leagues next big three. This league is done if there's not a MAJOR boom of talent coming in, because veteran players are going to keep attempting these big 3 combinations.

• Like 1

You guys have no idea what you are talking about. There is nothing in brooks skill-set that says he will be more than a role player off the bench in terms of effectiveness. Stop talking about combining win shares. We can combine joe, josh and zaza ws and it will be higher than dwight and cp3 but with those teams trade those players for that, hell no. Sometimes the game is deeper than numbers. You guys are trying to turn the hawks into a scrub team with no chance for the future. I don't like this trade. Just trade horford to orlando for dwight and if he leaves, blow it up.

You guys have no idea what you are talking about. There is nothing in brooks skill-set that says he will be more than a role player off the bench in terms of effectiveness. Stop talking about combining win shares. We can combine joe, josh and zaza ws and it will be higher than dwight and cp3 but with those teams trade those players for that, hell no. Sometimes the game is deeper than numbers. You guys are trying to turn the hawks into a scrub team with no chance for the future. I don't like this trade. Just trade horford to orlando for dwight and if he leaves, blow it up.

For a guy with a track record of obsessive and fatuous claims and trade ideas, you sure can be condescending.

Again, you overrate what Joe Johnson is going to bring to a team. Joe Johnson is a $20+ million a year spot up jump shooter. Trading him to New Jersey isn't going to change that. He's not going to become an above average rebounder for his position. He's only going to be average as a defender. He's a volume shooter, so he's not going to give you efficient scoring, and the combo of him and Deron who has become a shot chucker over the past two years isn't a winning combo.

Joe is still very good and an all star talent. Deron can't create with a squad of bench players and scrubs. You guys think anyone on nj is starting level even potentially is smoking dope outside of brook and deron. Nj has one of the worse supporting cast in the nba. F stats, when you watch them its obivious. I will talk about this to great degree after church and my date.

For a guy with a track record of obsessive and fatuous claims and trade ideas, you sure can be condescending.

Cool story, regardless of how you feel about me, I am generally right on these types of subjects. There isn't much you can say I am wrong about when it comes to the hawks.

Combineing three solid players like marvin doesn't equal joe's true value so how is three perma bench players marshon brooks and jordan farmar's going to equal it. Brooks reminds me of nick young and farmar is below avg pg. Both of these guys should never be starters in the nba ever.

Right about OJ Mayo as our PG ? That's only scratching the surface too. No, you are not generally right. Horford is not Karl Malone like. Then you'll make a claim like "The Hawks need a playmaking PG" like you're Nostradamus or something. I'm going to let you in on some information that maybe only I'm privy too. A lot of Hawks fans didn't like or want Marvin Williams and would.have been much happier with Paul or Williams. Outside of them and Rondo it seems like no one else fits your bill of playmaking pg (except for OJ Mayo of course). The one guy who is a great passer and could probably run the pick n roll with some effectiveness that we could get now you don't like (as in Jose Calderon). It's fine to have an opinion. Hell, every blue moon I can actually agree with some of the stuff you say. However, you are no authority on the Hawks. A couple dozen posts a day does not mean your opinion holds anymore weight than the next guy's.

• Like 1

Trading Joe might be the best thing for the Hawks long term, but short term we are going to probably be lottery bound.It'll be hard watching Josh run the show with no restraints....bad jumper after bad jumper, completely ignoring teammates, bringing the ball up, shouting at Teague, being the man.....sighsend out Josh and build around Teague and Horf, and this team might actually be watchable

You weren't lottery bound last year without Horford, you surely won't be lottery bound without Joe +13 million
  • Like 1

Combineing three solid players like marvin doesn't equal joe's true value so how is three perma bench players marshon brooks and jordan farmar's going to equal it.Brooks reminds me of nick young and farmar is below avg pg. Both of these guys should never be starters in the nba ever.

Let's set the way back machine to March 19, 2012. Boston game at Atlanta. Hawks lose 79-76Hawks rotation this game was:TeagueHinrich/StackhouseJJ/McgradyJosh/IvanZaza/CollinsOkay.....Remove JJ add Horford and Jenkins. Add in Farmar, Morrow, Petro and 13 million to upgrade Stack/Mcgrady/Collins or Ivan. Or add Farmar, Morrow, Lopez and 5 million.Do the Hawk win that game? Yes, they do.

Or let's try Jan 3, 2012. Chicago game at Chicago.Teague, Joe, Marvin, Smith, HorfordStories of the game. Joe plays 40 minutes, scores 10 points on 3-17 shooting.Bench plays 56 total minutes scoring 12 points. Joe plus bench = 96 minutes, 22 points.Other 4 players = 144 minutes 52 points.Hawks lose 74-76.Every sub 90 points scoring performance is similar. Bad bench, starters have poor day. We can't score. This must change.