• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Hawks insist Marshon Brooks included per ESPN

NJHAWK

GaspSo this is what having a competent GM feels like? I don't think the hawks have ever had one of those. My man Ferry continues to do Ferry things! Make it happen Deron and sign that contract already so the Hawks resurgence can commenceDanny, if they don't want to give us Brooks that is fine. Just make sure you unload Joe at the end of the dayI just might re-up on my NBA league pass this year afterall

GaspSo this is what having a competent GM feels like? I don't think the hawks have ever had one of those. My man Ferry continues to do Ferry things! Make it happen Deron and sign that contract already so the Hawks resurgence can commenceDanny, if they don't want to give us Brooks that is fine. Just make sure you unload Joe at the end of the dayI just might re-up on my NBA league pass this year afterall

Just rumors makes you competent even when you failed to get talent out of the draft knowing that you were going to try and unload your 6 x all-star for bums?

Just rumors makes you competent even when you failed to get talent out of the draft knowing that you were going to try and unload your 6 x all-star for bums?

The first pick was definitely a head-scratcher. Not sure how anyone could be mad at the second pick on strictly a talent perspective.

The first pick was definitely a head-scratcher. Not sure how anyone could be mad at the second pick on strictly a talent perspective.

Why not do what Philly did? They got 2 1st rd picks by trading back into the draft for Miami's pick? I mean if you knew there was any chance you were going to deplete your talent pool by giving away talent for scraps why not go for talent on draft night?

• Moderators

Count me among those who think Brooks isn't that good, but the motive for this move is not about talent it is about salary management and ending up getting Joe for 2 All-Star* seasons and then getting rid of him before he becomes an albatross.

I like Brooks from what I've seen. If I'm not mistaken, he scored around 20 in the first two games against us, blocked T-Mac's jumpshot, and showed an ability to finish strong for his size. I think he has drawn comparisons to a young Kobe, and it clearly shows he patterns himself after him as a gunner who never met a shot he didn't like but has the ball and footwork skills to get them off. Of corse he'd be maximized and most efficient by playing next to a traditional PG, so there's a huge questiion beside Teague who doesnt know much more about the NBA game and it's players than Brooks does. If he can fit into the defensive mindset here and make the most of his length on that end, I'd love to have him.

Edited by benhillboy

My bad...so you were the one out there with the scout team and getting paid a gazillion bucks by ASG to evaluate talent? Someone must have forgotten to tell us.So you absolutely know for a definite fact John Jenkins is garbage and wont amount to anything because..simply put....YOU ARE THAT DUDE? You must be Billy Knights lovechildThe news about JJ being traded to the nets isn't rumor anymore. Its been confirmed the deal or some deal will happen with joe involved pending Deron signing with them.Im just happy to know that Ferry has been more proactive than Sund has ever been during his brief tenure here in attempting to make sensible moves, such as unloading the crippling contract of Joe for starters, we have been welcoming for far too long. I don't care if we don't make the playoffs next season. Im willing to give Danny Ferry a chance to put his stamp on this team through the draft and head coach selection based on Larry Drew's performance after this season.MaybeJohn Jenkins becomes the next Reggie...Maybe Mike Scott becomes very serviceable player...Maybe Josh puts it all together this season assuming he is still with the team, Maybe Al steps his game up as well along with Teague. I DONT FREAKING KNOW!! I don't know the future and won't attempt to predict it but I know unloading Joe's contract is definitely a step in the right direction
  • Like 1

Joe is not in his prime. His scoring, assists and rebounding have all been dropping the last few years. His shooting did rebound this year, but overall he has declined slowly the last few years.

The defenses have all gotten a lot more aggressive and focused on him over the last few years tbh

The defenses have all gotten a lot more aggressive and focused on him over the last few years tbh

I don't think that's it. He is just dropping off. Lots of millage on his legs. He actually shot well the 2nd half of the year, but the other parts of his game are what is falling off right now. The move to SF helped Joe, but it comes at a price due to his poor rebounding.Like someone else said, If Joe was signed up for 12 million we wouldn't even be talking about this.

Watching highlights v. a bad GS team who plays bad defense in a bad game is what happens when I watch the Wizards. I heard Nick Young will be an All Star. McGee will be a beast when he gets it and all kind of stuff but what they fail to realize is, these teams are bad. Someone has to score. The team they are playing v. are lollygagging. They are still getting beat and when they play v. a no prisoners team like the Bulls, they get destroyed. Teams like NJ Nets are fools gold to fans who really don't watch the game outside of what's directly going on with the ball.

Watching highlights v. a bad GS team who plays bad defense in a bad game is what happens when I watch the Wizards. I heard Nick Young will be an All Star. McGee will be a beast when he gets it and all kind of stuff but what they fail to realize is, these teams are bad. Someone has to score. The team they are playing v. are lollygagging. They are still getting beat and when they play v. a no prisoners team like the Bulls, they get destroyed. Teams like NJ Nets are fools gold to fans who really don't watch the game outside of what's directly going on with the ball.

And McGee looked pretty damned good destroying Bynum in the playoffs. Marshon would look great lighting up the older slower SGs he'd face.

And McGee looked pretty damned good destroying Bynum in the playoffs. Marshon would look great lighting up the older slower SGs he'd face.

He's in his role. Coming off the bench, not destroying the chemistry, Lawson and Miller gets him the ball in favorable positions as well. He's a 25-28 mpg player at best. Otherwise, he can get in the way. I am not as high on him as you and really don't feel like arguing right now so we will just agree to disagree. Edited by Joker

He's in his role. Coming off the bench, not destroying the chemistry, Lawson and Miller gets him the ball in favorable positions as well. He's a 25-28 mpg player at best. Otherwise, he can get in the way. I am not as high on him as you and really don't feel like arguing right now so we will just agree to disagree.

Coming off the bench?? I'm pretty sure he started but either way he did it against Bynum and Gasol so it translated quite well to good competition.

Marshon has always been a great scorer though, his rebounding aswell. He's one of the few players I've seen that pattern their game after Kobe that actually remind me of him on offense. Give him time to develop and he could be really nice for us

Coming off the bench?? I'm pretty sure he started but either way he did it against Bynum and Gasol so it translated quite well to good competition.

I am not sure he started or not in that series. I barely remember it. I did watch the regular season games for Denver and he was rarely starting.

Marshon has always been a great scorer though, his rebounding aswell. He's one of the few players I've seen that pattern their game after Kobe that actually remind me of him on offense. Give him time to develop and he could be really nice for us

He's extremely crafty with great footwork which is Kobe's signature. That's about it. There is an epic gap in BBIQ, skill, and athleticism.