• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Brooklyn is in a lose-lose situation

Joker

They don't trade for Joe. They lose Deron. They lose Deron, they lose Dwight.They get Joe, they can't get Dwight because we want all their assets. They get Joe, they can keep Deron.Atlanta is in a tough situation. They lose will be a worse team without Joe. Not much worse but they won't win a playoff series without him. But they have a great asset in Horford to draw a superstar to Atlanta who could become a superstar himself given the right personnel. Either way, Brooklyn is in a lose lose. They thought they could get one on Atlanta and built a dynasty but nope. Ferry isn't an idiot. He been around for years. He is not one of the smartest in the game for no reason.

If we trade Joe, we aren't getting their most important assets. The most we get is a good bench player or subpar starter like Marshon Brooks.

I agree but this is about Dwight Howard. They only would have one asset after the deal. That would be Brook Lopez. That's nowhere near what Houston can offer much less others.

I agree but this is about Dwight Howard. They only would have one asset after the deal. That would be Brook Lopez. That's nowhere near what Houston can offer much less others.

I disagree. I think this is about the Nets never having enough ammunition to get Dwight from the get-go and they are finally choosing to move on Edited by MrMeltdown

I disagree. I think this is about the Nets never having enough ammunition to get Dwight from the get-go.

I don't know, for a non-committed Dwight, it's hard to get much better than Lopez and fillers. Dwight will easily walk from most teams. Edited by Joker

I don't know, for a non-committed Dwight, it's hard to get much better than Lopez and fillers. Dwight will easily walk from most teams.

That's the problem though. The Magic have to accept the trade not the Nets. I am sure the Nets would have long ago sent Lopez and fillers for Dwight if that is all the Magic wanted. The problem is if the Nets give Lopez, Wallace, Brooks, and picks for Dwight and Hedo they really don't have many building tools left after giving Deron a max deal. WilliamsMorrowTurk?DwightNot getting you pass the Heat
  • Like 1

If we trade Joe, we aren't getting their most important assets. The most we get is a good bench player or subpar starter like Marshon Brooks.

We get $89 mill over the next 4 years.We get tons of cap room next summer to buy assets.

We get $89 mill over the next 4 years.We get tons of cap room next summer to buy assets.

Seeing Omer Aisk getting 15 mil in his 3rd year makes me rather to hold on to Joe.

Can the Nets sell Deron Williams on this lineup ?Deron WilliamsJoe Johnson / MarshanBrooksGerald WallaceKris HumphriesBrooks LopezWith the remote possibility of trading Lopez, Humphries, Brooks /1st for Howard.What can Dallas offer ? Their roster is like swiss cheese now compared to the Nets.

Can the Nets sell Deron Williams on this lineup ?Deron WilliamsJoe Johnson / MarshanBrooksGerald WallaceKris HumphriesBrooks LopezWith the remote possibility of trading Lopez, Humphries, Brooks /1st for Howard.What can Dallas offer ? Their roster is like swiss cheese now compared to the Nets.

The Nets are keeping Brooks. We are taking him. I really could care less about him, this is more about D12.

Seeing Omer Aisk getting 15 mil in his 3rd year makes me rather to hold on to Joe.

Sounds like you have not even looked at the 2013 free agent list. Some stude unrestricted free agents and some restricted free agents to swing at. Look for yourself.http://www.hoopsworl...nba-free-agentsHoward, Paul, Curry, Lawson, Jennings, George, DeRozan, Ibaka, Favors, Al Jefferson, Bynum.....plus tons of role players and players with option years. Edited by coachx

• Premium Member

Joker sounds a lot like diesel. Anyone notice that. Perhaps it's an alias????

I'm fairly certain if Dolf saw that through IPs he'd ban Joker and probably suspend Diesel for a long time. Of course people use IP spoofers to prevent admins from seeing true IPs for exactly those reasons. And I don't think Joker is Diesel.

I'm fairly certain if Dolf saw that through IPs he'd ban Joker and probably suspend Diesel for a long time. Of course people use IP spoofers to prevent admins from seeing true IPs for exactly those reasons. And I don't think Joker is Diesel.

I check for proxies and spoofs but its possible someone could get around. People with multiple accounts always get caught so I'm not worried.I'm 100% certain that joker and diesel aren't the same person though.

The Nets are keeping Brooks. We are taking him. I really could care less about him, this is more about D12.

How can the Nets keep Brooks and we get him? Brooks is the real deal and someone I don't make this deal without... unless they also take Marvin and give us multiple 1sts.
  • Like 1

I don't even like Diesel. Most of the time, I just give opinions. It's up to you guys to take it to heart or not.

How can the Nets keep Brooks and we get him?Brooks is the real deal and someone I don't make this deal without... unless they also take Marvin and give us multiple 1sts.

It was a typo. I meant aren't. We agree to disagree, I just want Dwight in Atlanta or a playmaking PG. I don't care about Brooks. To me he's a Nick Young type with the potential to be a Jamal type. I want to say my bad to Jamal, I called Brooks a Jamal type when Jamal is superior in his prime to Brooks.

It was a typo. I meant aren't. We agree to disagree, I just want Dwight in Atlanta or a playmaking PG. I don't care about Brooks. To me he's a Nick Young type with the potential to be a Jamal type. I want to say my bad to Jamal, I called Brooks a Jamal type when Jamal is superior in his prime to Brooks.

Brooks is light years better as a defender and not nearly as good of a dribbler or shooter. But he and Teague would make an electric uptempo offense and defense.
  • Like 1

Brooks is light years better as a defender and not nearly as good of a dribbler or shooter. But he and Teague would make an electric uptempo offense and defense.

If only Teague knew how to give quality passes and change tempos. It would seem like it given Brooks high level of craftiness and Teague's amazing quickness. Are you talking about Nick Young in contrast to Brooks?