• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Brooklyn is in a lose-lose situation

Joker

• Premium Member

Maybe the plan is to trade for Dwight after he gets healthy and send Wallace, Lopez, Brooks, and picks to get him. Then they'd have Deron, Joe, and D-12... Enough to win the East.

Edited by Diesel

Maybe the plan is to trade for Dwight after he gets healthy and send Wallace, Lopez, Brooks, and picks to get him. Then they'd have Deron, Joe, and D-12... Enough to win the East.

More like dominate the East.

• Premium Member

I check for proxies and spoofs but its possible someone could get around. People with multiple accounts always get caught so I'm not worried.I'm 100% certain that joker and diesel aren't the same person though.

I agree with you but being curious what would you do if you caught a long term poster using an alt account? Would you suspend o ban them?

I agree with you but being curious what would you do if you caught a long term poster using an alt account? Would you suspend o ban them?

Why don't you just let dolfan do his job or pm him these questions. That's what I do if I want to know something.

• Premium Member

Why don't you just let dolfan do his job or pm him these questions. That's what I do if I want to know something.

What does it hurt to ask him in a thread where it was already brought up? You sound a little worried there...

Joe and D12 would constantly be hurt and Deron would be on his own. Even healthy Miami are better.

What does it hurt to ask him in a thread where it was already brought up? You sound a little worried there...

I just hate when ppl derail my threads.

• Premium Member

I just hate when ppl derail my threads.

Sorry, I was responding to the other guy since he brought it up.But to your thread, I don't know what the Nets end game is here unless they think they can throw the farm at Orlando by keeping their real assets and get Joe for nothing but expirings to have their own big 3.

Joe and D12 would constantly be hurt and Deron would be on his own. Even healthy Miami are better.

I can't agree. I don't even think this Heat team fits. That Deron, Joe, Dwight squad seems to fit for their skill-sets. That would be more like a suped up Boston Celtics.

Sorry, I was responding to the other guy since he brought it up.But to your thread, I don't know what the Nets end game is here unless they think they can throw the farm at Orlando by keeping their real assets and get Joe for nothing but expirings to have their own big 3.

They couldn't possibly land Dwight without Brooks and Lopez. They wouldn't have the money too nor would they have the assets.

I don't know, for a non-committed Dwight, it's hard to get much better than Lopez and fillers. Dwight will easily walk from most teams.

Which is why neither you nor I are NBA GMs. There are about 20 teams that would offer much better than Lopez and fillers. For example, we would have given Horford, Marvin, Zaza and our first this year to get him (and their bad Hedo contract) at the trade deadline last year.

Which is why neither you nor I are NBA GMs. There are about 20 teams that would offer much better than Lopez and fillers. For example, we would have given Horford, Marvin, Zaza and our first this year to get him (and their bad Hedo contract) at the trade deadline last year.

For a non-committed Dwight which is what we both were referring too. Come on, you have to read before you insult.

The more I read about Brook Lopez injuries the more he scares me off. I certainly wouldnt want to sign him to a huge long term deal even if it is a s & t for JJ. He could be the 7 foot version of Speedy Clankston.

The more I read about Brook Lopez injuries the more he scares me off. I certainly wouldnt want to sign him to a huge long term deal even if it is a s & t for JJ. He could be the 7 foot version of Speedy Clankston.

You don't catch Nets games?

• Premium Member

I don't think that's true. Not many teams outside of maybe Us and Houston will offer a lot for a 1 yr rental. IF Dwight doesn't get what he wants, he's leaving.

That's why Brooklyn is kinda in the drivers seat. They can really wait Orlando out. They can push for Dwight after Wallace's contract goes tradable and offer Wallace, Lopez, and Picks... Plus.. if they do the Joe trade and Orlando refuses to deal, they get Deron this year and next year when Dwight is a FA, they can Amnesty Joe to make room for Dwight's contract.

So Brooklyn is not so dumb.

I don't think that's true. Not many teams outside of maybe Us and Houston will offer a lot for a 1 yr rental. IF Dwight doesn't get what he wants, he's leaving.

That's why Brooklyn is kinda in the drivers seat. They can really wait Orlando out. They can push for Dwight after Wallace's contract goes tradable and offer Wallace, Lopez, and Picks... Plus.. if they do the Joe trade and Orlando refuses to deal, they get Deron this year and next year when Dwight is a FA, they can Amnesty Joe to make room for Dwight's contract.

So Brooklyn is not so dumb.

Second time today I'm going to tell you this. NJ can not amnesty JJ. You can only amnesty a player you signed or that was traded for before the new CBA. You can't trade a player you trade for this summer. Edited by thecampster

http://www.webcitation.org/63snNztz5

"• For the first five years of the CBA, each team will be permitted to waive one of its player contracts that was in effect prior to the 2011-12 season and have 100% of the player's salary removed from the team's salary for Salary Cap and Tax purposes. Each team may use this provision only once over the life of the agreement."

Clearer language here: http://www.peachtree...amnesty-SI-Lowe

"@ZachLowe_SI Clarification from league: Teams CANNOT use amnesty on a player they acquire via trade, even if player's contract dates to prior CBA"

Edited by thecampster