• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Nets Joe Johnson trade done via NetsDaily

GameTime

• Premium Member

I can't believe we gave up a six time All Star player for scrubs and a lottery protected first rounder. Whoop de freaking do. Hello lottery. I hope Ferry does a better job than this past draft.Note: I find it amusing we drafted Anthony Morrow 2.0 and now we have Anthony Morrow 1.0.

Joe was always a person that could be traded because he is top 5 SG in the league. Only people thought he was not able to be traded were those who eat out of others hands instead of thinking for themselves. Horrible trade we still only have trade exceptions and next years crop of FA's is not that good or deep.

Edited by MrMeltdown
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Not happy to see Joe go. Not at all.

Not happy to lose a 6 time All Star for scraps. Not at all.

F'ING ELATED TO BE RID OF THAT CONTRACT.

Almost in tears that we're actually going to remake this team. We're actually going to do it..... Oh God, it's so long overdue. Barring a complete screw up of this rebuild, this WILL turn out great.

• Like 1

i cant believe we didnt get Marshon Brooks in this deal! I am so disappointed that we didnt get Brooks! Can you believe that! we let the nets "LA us".....shit you damn right we a lotto team. dont bother thinking about the playoffs cause as of now it aint happening peps.Man Im so use to ATL going to the playoffs! So how long will we be a lotto team?

• Premium Member

1 step back, 2 steps forward!!! HOW CAN YOU BE MAD?! HELL YEAH!

That is exactly what this is. We just took the first step in breaking out of being a perpetual 4/5 seed and non-lottery team. Edited by Wretch

Brooks is Nick Young Jr with more skill and less athleticism. He's not a big deal. He has extremely low bbiq and little athleticism.

Edited by Joker

I can't believe we gave up a six time All Star player for scrubs and a lottery protected first rounder. Whoop de freaking do. Hello lottery. I hope Ferry does a better job than this past draft.Note: I find it amusing we drafted Anthony Morrow 2.0 and now we have Anthony Morrow 1.0.

You can't really look at it like that. You must also evaluate what we are to do with the cap space flexibility. Just because that is not a hard asset doesn't mean it isn't the MOST valuable element in the deal. Hell, it looks like we freed up $7M just for this offseason alone. Next year is >$20M savings. Getting a couple of servicable young players and a first rounder is icing on the cake.I get where you're coming from, it's hard to be EXCITED because the team is going backwards on the court in '12/'13. But unlike the last rebuild, we now have some flexibility and some core pieces in place. It won't be a 3-4 year rebuild....this ought to be the quick variety.
  • Like 2

Let this be a leason to all NBA Teams. Never hire a GM with the initials BK. Who would have guess BK would bail the Hawks out of that contract. I am guessing Deron is close to re-signing. Considering one factor Dirk and Cuban were not even there to meet Deron when he visited the Mavs today.

• Like 1

Wait, we SnT for Deshawn Stevenson. WT. Man. Ferry sucks.