• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Salary Cap confirmation please

thecampster

According to reports. The deal is for Morrow, Williams, Petro, Farmar, Stevenson, Houstons 2013 pick (protected). However Farmar will get bought out at the Hawks expense.I need an explanation about the buy out part. Whose cap does that hit, for how much and how is it affected if he signs elsewhere? $4,250,000 owed this year.

According to reports. The deal is for Morrow, Williams, Petro, Farmar, Stevenson, Houstons 2013 pick (protected). However Farmar will get bought out at the Hawks expense.I need an explanation about the buy out part. Whose cap does that hit, for how much and how is it affected if he signs elsewhere? $4,250,000 owed this year.

I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing we will avoid the Farmar cap hit by doing the buyout. Otherwise, you'd think we would simply keep him. If the rules allow us to avoid the cap hit, I'm good. We can do as good or better by spending that money on the FA market. It looks like we may have freed up $7M this year alone.

I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing we will avoid the Farmar cap hit by doing the buyout. Otherwise, you'd think we would simply keep him. If the rules allow us to avoid the cap hit, I'm good. We can do as good or better by spending that money on the FA market. It looks like we may have freed up $7M this year alone.

My thought is..the players involved are 12 million + the cost of Stevenson's deal. The thing reported said we were paying for the buyout but then it also said the players added were to keep NJ over the cap. Assuming it is NJ buying out Farmar and we are paying for it, then we are only taking back 8 million + . This leaves us at 48 million committed +Stevenson. Assuming we trade assets + the pick we just got, another move is then truly possible.

My thought is..the players involved are 12 million + the cost of Stevenson's deal. The thing reported said we were paying for the buyout but then it also said the players added were to keep NJ over the cap. Assuming it is NJ buying out Farmar and we are paying for it, then we are only taking back 8 million + . This leaves us at 48 million committed +Stevenson. Assuming we trade assets + the pick we just got, another move is then truly possible.

It really a very, very shrewd deal. We didn't take back a dollar more than necessary, and took advantage of the new CBA which relaxed the salary matching requirements a lot. All of a sudden, Ferry can really open the door to many options:1) Trade Josh and Marvin for draft picks and young promise.2) Keep the remaining core and use next year's FA dollars to find a top PG/SG/SF.3) Or a hybrid solution, depending on what options come up. Already sounds like we're going to be a potential player for D12.