• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Josh Smith "lead recruiter"

BreakuptheCore

• Moderators

No, you are not the only one. If we have to trade Al instead of Josh just to get Dwight I would pass also.

I agree with this statement... Smoove can play either forward position, so I'd rather take our chances on getting Dwight in 2013 and just being mediocre this season than to give up the All-Star Horford who still has his best years ahead of him and still have a need a SF.

The Heat owner did say they will be losing money this year, so I don't know what all that means in the grand scheme of things.

It just means that their idea of how to win a championship is costly. Tom Penn mentioned it during the draft that they'll be looking forward to paying around 30 million in luxury tax alone just for being 10 million over the cap. Further reason why people should come off the 2 maxes in 2013 plus Al and Josh thinking. If billionaires are blinking then you best believe the ASG are wincing.

Said this for a while. I think Smoove wanted out because him and JJ didn't see eye to eye. It was clear that Smooce carries the team last year and was the best player on the court. When JJ returned several people on the board including myself sensed some tension between the two. Smith being younger is a better building piece.

Said this for a while. I think Smoove wanted out because him and JJ didn't see eye to eye. It was clear that Smooce carries the team last year and was the best player on the court. When JJ returned several people on the board including myself sensed some tension between the two. Smith being younger is a better building piece.

That and the fact that he had to "go get" his contract and we maxed Joe on out. He was being mishandled by the organization that's for sure.

That and the fact that he had to "go get" his contract and we maxed Joe on out. He was being mishandled by the organization that's for sure.

That said, I still go back to the Jim Rome interview where he brings up his treatment, the contract, the trade rumors and is like "what am I doing wrong that you want to trade me?" Complete hurt feelings in that interview and yet he still isn't doing the things Dwight is. Sulking on the court after blown calls...yep...arguing with the refs...yep...all while the 120 million dollar man just goes about his business, not sticking up for his own, not being a leader, never getting a tech. That is what leaders do. They take up for their own. I'd be pissed too. Joe Johnson career technical fouls 12. As a Hawk 7. (since 05-06 season) Al Horford - 8 in 5 years. Pachulia - 33 Josh Smith - 55 in 7 years. That works out to 1.4 times a season, Joe spoke up and got a technical. I agree Josh does it too much, but maybe its because his coaches and "team's best player" didn't do it enough. Edited by thecampster

The difference is Joe had several suitors lined up to give him the max (Chi and NY) - Josh not so much because of his RFA status.

Screw Dwight Howard. I don't want this headcase anywhere near our Atlanta Hawks. I've never been a fan of his, but these past few months have made me dislike him even more. He is all about himself and is a giant baby. He is going to pout and pout and hopefully he never gets his way.

I think this team is going to be in good shape and the only other team that is going to have lot of cap space is going to be Dallas. Now Dallas is D12 second choice but its only going to be him and Dirk, and who is the PG there (maybe Nash). I think that playing with Al and Smooth, might help D12 choose ATL.About CP3, He likes LA but I dont think they can give out the max, so lets see.You can see that Atlanta has options, they can trade for D12 now or wait. I think that we can wait but I think Hawks might jump for it.

Houston will also have significant cap space. http://hoopshype.com...ies/houston.htm Pretty sure there are others if I felt like taking the time to look and see.

You need to have All Stars on board if you want to attract players like Dwight.

Posted Image

Teammates once again?

Even if it takes Al Horford to do it, I absolutely would make the move to get Dwight here and then resign both he and Josh and build the Hawks around those two. I'm so glad Danny Ferry has come in and has apparently shown Josh the appreciation he deserves for being a impact player on both ends of the floor.

Agree 100%