• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Hollinger Insider Article about us - "the pinnacle of human achievement"

GameTime

Thanks, that article got me pumped.

"The fact they just handed Danny Ferry a free pass to potential world domination -- and, ironically, paved the path to their getting Paul with a trade of Williams, the man Atlanta took instead of him in the 2005 draft -- is another reason to question this deal; at the least they should be getting a first-round pick for their trouble."

Wow. Ferry is taking them to the cleaners. If he doesn't win executive of the year this year....

Edited by GameTime

• Moderators

Wow. Ferry is taking them to the cleaners. If he doesn't win executive of the year this year....

You don't win it until you sign the guys and complete the picture. Clearing the room is only potential until realized. I'm not complaining, but exec of the year won't be warranted if we end up with a pair of second and third tier free agents.

I really want to keep Teague. I like to keep drafted players on team. Not all, just guys who produce. I doubt that Ferry can get Howard. He's been great so far but I'd hug Ferry if he could get us Dwight without giving up everything.

If Chris Paul, Josh Smith, Al Horford, and Dwight Howard are staging a similar party at Philips like Team Voltron once did in South Beach, the league should rename the Executive of the Year trophy after him.From a stale team who was debating the merits of Mike Scott, to having national folks give realistic scenarios about two superstar players potentially joining us a year from now. Imagine that...

Edited by Dejay

• Admin

I want to keep Harris. He was a former all star and a better point guard then Teague. I am still not thrilled with the move of Joe but it will be the results that makes a difference. I don't want a boat load of cap next season and have no results.

I want to keep Harris. He was a former all star and a better point guard then Teague. I am still not thrilled with the move of Joe but it will be the results that makes a difference. I don't want a boat load of cap next season and have no results.

I agree 100%. He could be better than Teague. This brings in competition in the PG for the first time in probably a decade. The Hawks haven't had true competition at the PG position in years. It was either given to Bibby and then finally Teague. Harris could turn his career around. He was the real deal in NJ. Hawks would be foolish to deal him. We need a body and he could be legit.

If we don't keep Harris I will be PISSED! I've wanted him in a Hawks uniform for years. We wont have Kirk and Farmar. We wont have a starting SG, we need Harris! Don't be silly and deal him. He has 15 PPG, 5 APG, 3RPG potential. We could use someone like that.

i somewhat agree only if they cant get anyone else or flip harris for a starting 2 guard

I just realize that Brooklyn could be a top 2-3 seed in the East.Deron/Kidd/TaylorJoe/BrooksWallace/GreenHump/EuroLopez/EuroThat's a damn good team. Joe can finally be a Robin. Deron is the superstar. Wallace is their Iggy. Hump is solid on offense. Lopez is solid as well at center. They have average depth.

They might have a shot for a year or two, but Joe and Wallace are getting at that stage... And for Wallace, who knows what he will be once his athletic ability starts dropping off. Lopez is good, but injury prone.

I just realize that Brooklyn could be a top 2-3 seed in the East.Deron/Kidd/TaylorJoe/BrooksWallace/GreenHump/EuroLopez/EuroThat's a damn good team. Joe can finally be a Robin. Deron is the superstar. Wallace is their Iggy. Hump is solid on offense. Lopez is solid as well at center. They have average depth.

They might have a shot for a year or two, but Joe and Wallace are getting at that stage... And for Wallace, who knows what he will be once his athletic ability starts dropping off. Lopez is good, but injury prone.