• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

John Hollinger Insider Article about us - "the pinnacle of human achievement"

GameTime

• Premium Member

I think we keep Harris let him run the show with Teague playing some SG in a small backcourt and deal Harris at the deadline for a future first because an expiring decent PG that can start should be worth that to a team. Then we'd have another first to dangle for S&T or to use on our own.My God I think the Hawks are playing with house money since we brought Deke in as a free agent a lifetime ago.

• Like 1

They might have a shot for a year or two, but Joe and Wallace are getting at that stage... And for Wallace, who knows what he will be once his athletic ability starts dropping off. Lopez is good, but injury prone.

I don't know, that team would be able to play some top notch team defense. They shouldn't be much different than Boston is right now.

• Moderators

That NJ is no different than we were. Deron is a stud. JJ is solid. Wallace is declining but solid. Humphries is limited but can rebound. Lopez can't rebound but can score. Team should be solid but not great defensively - several good scorers but no dominant ones. Next year should be their peak and that should be a second round exit. There is zero cap room and significant injury potential in the frontcourt. Zero frontcourt depth.That, of course, assumes they get Deron to resign. I would not be surprised to see him go to Dallas.

That NJ is no different than we were. Deron is a stud. JJ is solid. Wallace is declining but solid. Humphries is limited but can rebound. Lopez can't rebound but can score. Team should be solid but not great defensively - several good scorers but no dominant ones. Next year should be their peak and that should be a second round exit. There is zero cap room and significant injury potential in the frontcourt. Zero frontcourt depth.That, of course, assumes they get Deron to resign. I would not be surprised to see him go to Dallas.

Joe is very good.Deron is a superstar. That's more than any one of our players career wise but last year, Smoove was better than Deron. Wallace is a good SF. Hump is solid as is Lopez. I don't see the comparison. We have had a lot of talent but nothing fit. We didn't have a PG or a center or at least someone above average with the size to play the position v. everyone. I like Brooklyn chances in the playoffs a lot more than I did for Atlanta's. Even if the talent is about the same if not better for Atlanta. I think this Brooklyn team can beat Miami in the playoffs. Deron is someone Miami has no answer too as is Lopez. Joe can Wade usually give each other fits and Wallace has done a good job in his career guarding Lebron. Miami doesn't really play team ball well, this Brooklyn team will since they have perfect fits and a smart personnel. Edited by Joker

I just realize that Brooklyn could be a top 2-3 seed in the East.Deron/Kidd/TaylorJoe/BrooksWallace/GreenHump/EuroLopez/EuroThat's a damn good team. Joe can finally be a Robin. Deron is the superstar. Wallace is their Iggy. Hump is solid on offense. Lopez is solid as well at center. They have average depth.

Using wins produced, that starting line up is worth about 33-35 wins.

I think Harris and Teague are on close to equal footing... Outside of one year, Harris is basically a 15PPG. 3RPG and 5-7 APG PG. That's not too far off of what Teague gives us. Although he has a better jumper. So I'm curious to see how this will be handled if no trade is made. If we keep both and start Harris it will probably piss Teague off and he will probably want out.

Hollinger lives in Atlanta and is a hawks fan... in fact, he probably posts on this board. I knew he would post a hallelujah article tonight, and he didn't disappoint. I used to be a fan of Harris and wanted him here for years... even coming out of Wisconsin I was hoping he'd fall to us when we ultimately took Childress. But his game has regressed, particularly defensively, he still can't shoot, and he's an average passer.... plus he's always battling some nagging injury (even when he's playing). You can say some of those things about Teague (altho Jeff plays harder on D), and Harris is probably better right now when healthy... but not by much. Plus, we're not going to win a lot of games next year with or without Harris, and he'll most certainly be gone next summer. Plus, Teague is our PG of the future (for now), and needs playing time. Plus, I wouldn't mind getting a higher draft pick seeing as we aren't going to be contenders next season. So, I wouldn't mind shipping Harris out or playing Teague over him.

• Premium Member

I'm lost here D, where did Harris go?

It was a quote from Hollinger.I'm guessing that he's referring to a trade that would either be completed 48 hours after getting Harris or by the deadline. Probably 48 hours seeing that he said Harris would be rerouted.I'm saying this because I suspected that Hollinger would be in the know or maybe have heard other rumors that he believes.I realize that saving the capspace would be good for the present but if we buyout Farmer, then that purpose is somewhat served. I just want to see some Horf/Harris action.It may be Horf/Harris to Orlando for D-12 might be the ticket.

• Premium Member

Hollinger isn't in the know of anything and doesn't know anyone. The entirety of his analysis is based off what his data sets tell him and not any archaic (by his analytical standards) system like "inside sources".

Are you trying to say that Hollinger has a Dieselputer too!?

Turk is going to be included in any Dwight trade.

I think at this point the Magic know that they can go f*** themselves if they try to push for Hedo to be included. They'll have a hard enough time getting a decent rental offer from teams as is.

Turk is going to be included in any Dwight trade.

His contract isn't that bad anymore like Marvin's. I seriously doubt he will be traded if we are giving Orlando an All NBA player, a top tier prospect, and draft picks. Edited by Joker