• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

hypothetically if we traded for Howard

capstone21

• Premium Member

No, we don't have to take Hedo but that was what Orlando was trying to accomplish 5 months ago when talking trade. You must take X to get Y.Personally, I think Horford, Harris, Petro + Pick gets you Hedo/Dwight and Horford/Harris/Pick may get you Dwight alone.The thing people are missing is Dwight is currently nothing next year for Orlando. Horford is signed through 2016 and is a Florida guy. That's a big thing. This is part of what was appealing about JJ. Bad deal, yes. But JJ was signed which at least tells you what you have. In Orlando's case, they don't know what they have right now. Getting Horford, Teague would give them a center and a player who's future they control. Two long term pieces plus a pick. That is way better than no Dwight next year. Orlando is working for 2014/2015 anyway. Getting long term pieces would help them attract players in 2014/15.

THIS...Orlando drafted like D-12 was going.The only other moves I can see is us adding in Zaza for say...Jason Richardson?That would yield a team of:D-12/PetroJosh/Ivan/2nd rounderRichardson/WilliamsMorrow/JenkinsTeague/Ferry must have some guys in mind for BU PG if he buys out Farmer and trades away Harris.

Remember that there's no reliable information that suggests either Smith or Howard have any interest in playing for the Hawks long-term. In fact, there's evidence to the contrary. This holy union of Smith + Howard +/- CP3 is pure speculation.

Then, keep in mind that the Magic own Howard's rights... they will trade him to the team that offers them the best package, irrespective of Dwight's desire to sign an extension with that team. While the Hawks certainly have the potential to offer a more attractive package than, say, the Rockets or Mavs, that package would have to include both Al Horford and the willingness to accept bad contracts in return. That's because the teams we would (hypothetically) be competing with are going to offer several talented players (altho no one on Al's level, agreed)... and because shedding these contracts (particularly Hedo's) is imperative to the Magic's rebuilding process.

Again, I think Ferry knows what he's doing and will only entertain the idea if he's certain Howard will sign an extension. Obviously, the dream would be to trade Al + expirings + Teague/1st for Dwight and then announcing his extension the next day, but even after today I don't see that happening.

http://www.jimrome.c.../465575/1624026

This is from Jim Rome last year. During the last wave of "media reports" that Josh was asking for a trade. In every rumor there is always truth but the guy has publicly always said, Atlanta is his home and that all he wants to do is win.

Edited by thecampster

http://www.jimrome.c.../465575/1624026This is from Jim Rome last year. During the last wave of "media reports" that Josh was asking for a trade. In every rumor there is always truth but the guy has publicly always said, Atlanta is his home and that all he wants to do is win.

I hope you guys listened to that. That isn't a guy saying...if it happens, it happens. It's a guy saying, "dang..why are they trying to trade me.". The rumors are just that....rumors.