• Raised $440 of $700 target

Jamal Wants To Be A Hawk So Bad!

JohnnyCASH

just look

1. his twitter profile pic

Posted Image

2 he retweeted sekou smith when said this about him

Sekou Smith@SekouSmithNBA

RT @giltyree: Do Hawks make a run at Louis Wiliams? (or @JCrossover) Could use either one.

Retweeted by Jamal Crawford

Collapse

3. Jamal Tweeted "ATL?" https://twitter.com/JCrossover/status/219913280410484736

hes coming back guys i feel it

• Admin

No thanks to JC...he had his time here...his lack of defense and shot selection are horrible. I don't want Lou Williams either...I know that he is from Atlanta but i am tired of mini me backcourts. He is an undersized shooting guard and I want a shooting guard that can defend shooting guards.

Depending on other moves, Jamal could be a nice addition to the team. His defense was bad, but he can knock down the clutch shot, which this team needs right now.

It would be foolish to say you don't want him back right now. We are so far away to knowing what this team will be. He could be a valuable piece off the bench. I'm not sure if the Hawks plan of starting Morrow or Harris at SG. Morrow is not really a starter and Harris is not really a SG. So what other options do we have? John Jenkins? Some bring up the fact they dont want JC back b/c of poor defense. Everything I've heard about Jenkins is that he has a one dimensional game and is just a pure shooter. So once again, if Jamal wants to come back for a vet min. or low contract why not? He could be our starting SG.

We got morrow and Jenkins to knock those down now

Maybe, but they haven't done it in the NBA with the consitency Crawford has. Those guys can shoot, but it isn't just about shooting, it is about getting off a shot with a defender in your face. Neither Morrow or Jenkins have shown they can do that at the NBA level. I like the Jenkins pick, but he needs time to develop into a solid NBA shooter. Asking him to do too much, too early could ruin him. Thus, depending on what we pick up as a SF, Crawford could be a good addition. At the same time Harris might be the guy the Hawks already consider thier crunch time player.

I don't get this. Its like the mantra the Wizards had for Blatche. Just giving someone shots doesn't do anything for your team or development for the player. Put me in the camp who would like to see the Crawford again. I also think its very telling if Crawford wants back now that Joe is gone. Could Joe have been a bad teammate? (Gasp!)

I'm wondering if JJ was a selfish teammate. Never taking the blame (even when your not at fault) like a leader needs to to keep the peace in the locker room. Edited by frankthetank966

I'm wondering if JJ was a selfish teammate. Never taking the blame (even when your not at fault) like a leader needs to to keep the peace in the locker room.

Don't start making up stuff - Jamal left because the Hawks didn't offer him the money he was asking for. Then he got to FA'gy and realized NOBODY was paying him what he was asking. He had a bad season in Portland because Nate McMillan didn't let him just shoot whenver he wanted and play how he wanted. With LD here he knows he can shoot whenever that is why he wants back.

I would gladly take Jamal Crawford back. We need to replace some scoring that we lost from Joe unless we expect Jenkins to average 18ppg and become ROY. I wish we had kept the other Crawford but oh well.

? Nate encouraged Jamal to just shoot, I'm entirely lost on why Jamal didn't have a good year there. Seems a big driving force was he simply shot poorly, but then you wonder why. LD was actually bad for Jamal because LD forced Jamal to be more of a distributor than just a scorer. Woody was great for Jamal because he was dumbed the game down for him and just let him shoot. I do think there might be some truth to Joe being a poor teammate, or at least perceived as a poor teammate from his teammates. Being paid the most makes you defacto leader even if you don't want to be it. When someone complains about "not getting all the credit for wins, so I shouldn't get all the blame for losses" its pretty telling they don't want to lead.

What truth? Who is saying it? It's just speculation thrown out here. That's why i say don't make up stuff now. We all know that Joe was not a leader and had his faults but just throwing stuff out about him being a bad teammate is plain wrong. Jamal and Nate had their issues....http://www.cbssports...t-blazers-coach Edited by JayBirdHawk

Atlanta plays freestyle Basketball which fit Jamal to a T. That's why he wants to come back, it was his style of play and they let him play PG freely in his own way.