• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Devin Harris actually fits the personnel grouping.

Joker

If your strengths are transition and the PnR, Al Jefferson and Pau Millsap are supremely inferior bigs to Al Horford and Josh Smith.

• Premium Member

I'm pretty sure that you were high on Devin Harris before...

Yeah... before he went to Utah... Actually before he had bad seasons in NJ. Harris is a guy who I really liked for his ability to do what Teague does... but Harris' injuries may have affected his defense.

Yeah... before he went to Utah... Actually before he had bad seasons in NJ. Harris is a guy who I really liked for his ability to do what Teague does... but Harris' injuries may have affected his defense.

Listening to Jazz fans and reading their play structure, it seems like it's a movement oriented offense where the PG either needs to be a playmaker or a defensive minded type. It seemed like the perfect type of offense for Mookie Blaylock or a Jason Kidd type. It seemed like a bad offense for high usage ball dominate PG's. Harris also biggest strengths are transition and PnR offense. Looking at their personnel, the ones who can really do that is Favors which he did but Favors didn't play much because he is still raw around the edges. So they built their team around Jefferson and Millsap. This system reminds me of the one Atlanta ran under Lenny Wilkins moreso than Jerry Sloan. They didn't have the personnel to run an offense favors around Harris. Could it be like Marvin, he just didn't fit. I personally don't think Horford fits our personnel from last year. A combo guard with no PG skills in Teague. Playing next to a tweener in the post in Smith who is rarely in the post to get Orebs. It hurt Horford far more than it helped him.

Atlanta system is based off on ball dominate guards, supposed movement in the motion offense, PnR's which went to hell when we figured out Teague isn't a reliable PnR PG, and isolation offense. That's more like Utah except the heavy isolation part.

You can twist stuff anyway you like it in order to say the one thing you want to always say but that does not mean they are true. Look at pers production or anything and you will see that what Harris had to work with as far as bigs in Utah was far superior to what Teague had to work with in Atlanta. Both Milsap and Jefferson had better pers than any big on our team and that obviously includes Josh Smith and Horford. He had two guys better than anything Teague had then had two guys better than Zaza in Favors and Kanter and still look at his production and per as opposed to Teague. The good years Harris had was when he was the #1 option. Has nothing to do with being a pick and roll PG or anything else he was simply the #1 option for his team during his all-star and borderline years. He would be the 3rd best option at best for this team next year and that is only if you give him a position he does not deserve. Some guys are only good as" the man" and they are not good enough to be the man, that is Harris

Edited by MrMeltdown

PER don't mean that player is better. Love had the highest PER in the NBA a couple years and wasn't even a top 15 player. People with high PER usually have high PPG and RPG totals. That doesn't mean much to me. Smith and Horford are much better than Jefferson and Millsap.

PER don't mean that player is better. Love had the highest PER in the NBA a couple years and wasn't even a top 15 player. People with high PER usually have high PPG and RPG totals. That doesn't mean much to me. Smith and Horford are much better than Jefferson and Millsap.

Smith was less productive than either Milsaps or Jefferson was last year

Devin Harris is not better than Jeff Teague right now. He had much better bigs on his team last year and could not come up with any better assist numbers than Teague

Actually you're wrong. When you account for the fact that Teague played more minutes, Devin Harris had better assist numbers. Using the Per 36 minutes filter, Harris' numbers went up while Teagues didn't change much at all.

Smith was less productive than either Milsaps or Jefferson was last year

He was more productive in relation to wins. Since defense does matter you know.

all i know is when he was with dallas he was close to derek ros & westbrook getting to thebasket.& he would punish us everytime he played us. but when he went to the other teams its like he was lost in the fog.

He kicked out tail in with Jersey but with Utah.. I don't know. I didn't watch the games when we played Utah and he was on the roster.

Devin Harris is not better than Jeff Teague right now. He had much better bigs on his team last year and could not come up with any better assist numbers than Teague

Audible sigh!!! You make my brain hurt. Teague - Best season - 12.6 / 2.4 / 4.9 Harris - Career average - 13.0 / 2.4 / 5.0 Harris - Best season - 21.3 / 3.4 / 6.9 Your completely ill informed, obviously trolling opinions are getting old and tired. Harris career averages are better than Teague's best year. Somebody remind me where the "IGNORE A TROLL" button is again!!!

all i know is when he was with dallas he was close to derek ros & westbrook getting to thebasket.& he would punish us everytime he played us. but when he went to the other teams its like he was lost in the fog.

Harris' best years were after Dallas. They were in NJ. Edited by thecampster

You can twist stuff anyway you like it in order to say the one thing you want to always say but that does not mean they are true. Look at pers production or anything and you will see that what Harris had to work with as far as bigs in Utah was far superior to what Teague had to work with in Atlanta. Both Milsap and Jefferson had better pers than any big on our team and that obviously includes Josh Smith and Horford. He had two guys better than anything Teague had then had two guys better than Zaza in Favors and Kanter and still look at his production and per as opposed to Teague. The good years Harris had was when he was the #1 option. Has nothing to do with being a pick and roll PG or anything else he was simply the #1 option for his team during his all-star and borderline years. He would be the 3rd best option at best for this team next year and that is only if you give him a position he does not deserve. Some guys are only good as" the man" and they are not good enough to be the man, that is Harris

Per doesn't tell you about compatibility Those were pers in their system Put Nash in a triangle and he is scoring more and assisting less Malone wouldn't have been nearly as good with mookie as with Stockton It takes two to do a pick n roll I quoted earlier but Harris went from 6.5 pnr shots per game and 45% of his offense to 6 pnr plays period over a few months...his bigs were better players with better pers but they aren't pick and roll bigs Stockton wouldn't be considered one of the best pgs of all time if he had played with Kareem instead of malone
  • Like 1

Audible sigh!!! You make my brain hurt. Teague - Best season - 12.6 / 2.4 / 4.9 Harris - Career average - 13.0 / 2.4 / 5.0 Harris - Best season - 21.3 / 3.4 / 6.9 Your completely ill informed, obviously trolling opinions are getting old and tired. Harris career averages are better than Teague's best year. Somebody remind me where the "IGNORE A TROLL" button is again!!!

You really would hurt my feelings if I cared rather you took another breathe or not. The facts are that Teague has started one year in his whole career while Harris has started the majority of his career and his career numbers are basically Teague's one year starter numbers. You can say the word troll until you die but it still does not make your argument any more sensible Edited by MrMeltdown

Actually you're wrong. When you account for the fact that Teague played more minutes, Devin Harris had better assist numbers. Using the Per 36 minutes filter, Harris' numbers went up while Teagues didn't change much at all.

Actually you are wrong. When you take into consideration that Harris had significantly more productive players to work with as I continue to state. You can get to same place much quicker if you have better tools to get there than your opponent. Edited by MrMeltdown

Actually you are wrong. When you take into consideration that Harris had significantly more productive players to work with as I continue to state. You can get to same place much quicker if you have better tools to get there than your opponent.

Harris is an allstar... Teague has yet to accomplish anything in the NBA and it's unlikely that he will.

Actually you are wrong. When you take into consideration that Harris had significantly more productive players to work with as I continue to state. You can get to same place much quicker if you have better tools to get there than your opponent.

That makes no sense. Your making your argument on the basis of two players and ignoring the other 10 on the roster. Harris didn't have a 6 time all star to pass the ball to or good spot up shooters like Hinrich or Marvin. Besides, he still had more assists per 36 than Teague. Harris is better than Teague right now. Nothing factual and tangible goes against that. You can continue to spew a half baked argument about "tools", but I and quite a few others see through that bogus argument.

Harris is an allstar... Teague has yet to accomplish anything in the NBA and it's unlikely that he will.

Harris made one all-star appearance so he is greater than Josh Smith who has never made one.