• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Devin Harris actually fits the personnel grouping.

Joker

That makes no sense. Your making your argument on the basis of two players and ignoring the other 10 on the roster. Harris didn't have a 6 time all star to pass the ball to or good spot up shooters like Hinrich or Marvin. Besides, he still had more assists per 36 than Teague. Harris is better than Teague right now. Nothing factual and tangible goes against that. You can continue to spew a half baked argument about "tools", but I and quite a few others see through that bogus argument.

You can try to cry out for help all you wish. I don't care how many agree or disagree you have no facts that prove anything you speak of. The facts say that Harris had Milsaps and Jefferson who were both more productive than Josh Smith,while Kanter and Favors were both more productive than anything else Teague had to work with as bigs. Kicking the ball out to a guy for a 3 or spot up jump shot is a less effective way of making a player better than getting the ball to several big men like Kanter and Favors who can't make a jump shot, so they hang around the paint. They are naturally better than anything we had other than Josh last year and Harris failed to make them any better than they are naturally. I will leave this argument to the dreamers of the world until the season starts and it is made even clearer, but it is quite obvious his numbers were disappointing for what he had to work with that is why Earl Watson finished plenty of games and the team would rather try someone else to see what they can do with all that talent and move Harris for Marvin who will be more productive than a soon to be 30 year old PG who has been a starter for most of his career and still can't really make anyone better or lead.

Last but not least. I want to apologize to Joker for possible being a part of taking this thread somewhere it was not meant to go. If you think the guy fits this system better than his last one and better than Teague fine. I just disagree and I think you could find 3 other teams that came to the understanding that he was really not a great fit for what they were trying to do.

You can try to cry out for help all you wish. I don't care how many agree or disagree you have no facts that prove anything you speak of. The facts say that Harris had Milsaps and Jefferson who were both more productive than Josh Smith,while Kanter and Favors were both more productive than anything else Teague had to work with as bigs. Kicking the ball out to a guy for a 3 or spot up jump shot is a less effective way of making a player better than getting the ball to several big men like Kanter and Favors who can't make a jump shot, so they hang around the paint. They are naturally better than anything we had other than Josh last year and Harris failed to make them any better than they are naturally. I will leave this argument to the dreamers of the world until the season starts and it is made even clearer, but it is quite obvious his numbers were disappointing for what he had to work with that is why Earl Watson finished plenty of games and the team would rather try someone else to see what they can do with all that talent and move Harris for Marvin who will be more productive than a soon to be 30 year old PG who has been a starter for most of his career and still can't really make anyone better or lead.

Devin Harris had higher assists per 36. That is a fact. You see that's what it means to produce facts into the equation instead of making up BS when you know you don't have anything else to lean on. You were all for using the assist numbers when you thought they proved your point. Now you bail out on the facts when they don't support you. Weak.

Devin Harris had higher assists per 36. That is a fact. You see that's what it means to produce facts into the equation instead of making up BS when you know you don't have anything else to lean on. You were all for using the assist numbers when you thought they proved your point. Now you bail out on the facts when they don't support you. Weak.

lol this is a great back and forth argument but now im done with it! Mr. meltdown you are hilarious! and to EazyRoc right on the money man! LOL

Utah's system required you to dump the ball down into the bigs and get out the way. It's why they went out of their way to get a worse passing (Blake Griffin had a higher PER than Utah's bigs, why was his assists so low?) but better shooting PG in Mo Williams and picked up Marvin for Devin.........to give their bigs that they dump the ball into and get the f*** out the way of better floor spacers. I would guess that it's just a twisting coincidence that Devin went from being a penetrating guard to attempting career highs in 3 pointers while in Utah. He was actually very respectable at hitting them so kudos to him for adapting but his volume still wasn't high enough to be considered a real threat from there and the rest of his game was being underutilized.

I think you are severely underrating Smoove. 29 years old is generally a prime age for most NBA players. Edited by Joker