• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Opinion: Forget about Dwight Howard, he's going to LA

Joker

LA has just landed Steve Nash.

Marc Stein@ESPNSteinLine

Just going up online & via SportsCenter: Sources say Suns have consented to sign-and-trade Steve Nash to Lakers for package of future picks

Ken Berger@KBergCBS

Stunning that Nash is a Laker and stunning that Suns owner Robert Sarver would send him to L.A.

Nash still has 3 maybe 4 months left in the tank. lol seriously though if Kobe doesnt make Dwight want to go to LA why would somebody even closer to the end than Kobe make Dwight go there. Dwight drinks Gatorade not prune juice.

We cleared all that cap for what? Thank god we finally got a PnR PG. We will have a superstar next year so I'm still happy.

Don't see how the Lakers can take on salary without sending any out they are at $80 million and over both the salary and luxury caps. Also, I don't see how this has anything to do with Dwight. Nash makes everyone better so I am sure Pau, Kobe, and Bynum will do just fine when you have two guys with multiple MVP's on your squad in Kobe and Steve

• Premium Member

Don't see how the Lakers can take on salary without sending any out they are at $80 million and over both the salary and luxury caps. Also, I don't see how this has anything to do with Dwight. Nash makes everyone better so I am sure Pau, Kobe, and Bynum will do just fine when you have two guys with multiple MVP's on your squad in Kobe and Steve

Lakers always have the Stern Cloak of Invisibility when it comes to cap... Stern wants a great product with Lakers/Celtics/Knicks/Nets.. in charge.

I wonder how much Stern paid Phx to send Nash to LA.

• Premium Member

I am trying to figure how a 38-year old PG is such a game changer Joker.

If anything this gives Buss an excuse to keep his son, Bynum.

Think about it...

Nash, Bryant, SF, Gasol, and Bynum....

That SF will be Grant Hill.

Dayuum.

Even though he's 38, he can still move the offense. His defense is atrocious and he won't stop Westbrook at all but on offense, the Lakers are a monster. Kobe will even get in line for Nash.

Edited by Diesel

Nash will run. Bynum and Gasol is way too slow for Nash. Bynum is getting traded to Orlando man. This was probably the plan all alone.

Think about it...

Nash, Bryant, SF, Gasol, and Bynum....

That SF will be Grant Hill.

Dayuum.

Even though he's 38, he can still move the offense. His defense is atrocious and he won't stop Westbrook at all but on offense, the Lakers are a monster. Kobe will even get in line for Nash.

There is no BUT. OKC >>>> Lakers at this point. Not only is father time ticking for Nash but for Kobe as well. Kobe by the end of next season will probably have played more minutes in NBA history for any non-post player.

And the way that the Lakers will be abused at the PG spot especially by the likes of Westbrook, it's not even funny.

Yeah. This trade would be more meaningful if it were 5 years ago. Nash at this point is much more flashy name than having a championship caliber game.Even if he can still get the APG, his defense which at least at one point was just average, has to be horrendous against someone like Westbrook and Parker

Nash will help the Lakers. I def can see Howard landing in LA now. Stern still got to make it up to them for last year debacle of Chris Paul. Even with the additions of Nash and perhaps Howard. I still don't like the Lakers over the Spurs or Thunder. Especially the Thunder. At some point the Spurs have to slow down. Until that does happen I will not doubt them.

• Admin

They probably stand pat now...Nash has a tendency to make players better and so Bynum and Gasol will probably be better with Nash. That team is getting old quick.I love Nash but 3 years is a lot for his old body (I say old when he is a year younger then me :) )

• Like 1