• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Where are we now.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Trades seems done.

D-12.

Orlando won't trade with us because we are divisional rivals.

We could probably put out a good deal for Dwight in the offseason.

Will Hennigan rather have nothing or allow Dwight to go to Brooklyn in a SNT in the offseason?

As long as D-12 is all about going to Brooklyn, we have a problem thinking that we can get him. I believe Hennigan would rather try to work a SNT to Brooklyn or an outright trade with Brooklyn than to see D-12 come to us or anybody else for FREE. It puts us in a very bad spot because we either need to appeal to his competitive side or his emotional side or something to get him to think about Atlanta more than he thinks about Brooklyn.

I think this is the end game until next summer. This is it. Clear cap space and give people something to fantasize about. Maybe we sign a minimum level SF and a mid-level true C both would help. I just don't see Ferry being able to make moves to really make us better on the court.The whole D-12 thing is just immature until he makes some type of suggestion that he would sign here longterm

Edited by MrMeltdown

• Premium Member

I think this is the end game until next summer. This is it. Clear cap space and give people something to fantasize about. Maybe we sign a minimum level SF and a mid-level true C both would help. I just don't see Ferry being able to make moves to really make us better on the court. The whole D-12 thing is just immature until he makes some type of suggestion that he would sign here longterm

I don't know. Next summer could change everything. It's really hard for FAs to leave their teams without a SNT. Money is a great motivator. I just think when you consider CP3... and you consider D-12... It's a very hard to trust that we will do anything to influence D-12 to come here over NJ. My thinking is the best case scenerio is to have him come here this offseason, play for LD... let him have his say on what it would take to keep him and make that happen. Instead of us just hoping that by some strange logic he would just up and come to us over Brooklyn because of long standing friendships.

Trades seems done.

D-12.

Will Hennigan rather have nothing or allow Dwight to go to Brooklyn in a SNT in the offseason?

As long as D-12 is all about going to Brooklyn, we have a problem thinking that we can get him. I believe Hennigan would rather try to work a SNT to Brooklyn or an outright trade with Brooklyn than to see D-12 come to us or anybody else for FREE. It puts us in a very bad spot because we either need to appeal to his competitive side or his emotional side or something to get him to think about Atlanta more than he thinks about Brooklyn.

Stephenson's contract will be done on the 11th which is when the deal is actually done I believe. Which is why we technically can't/won't trade for Dwight until next Wednesday. We technically don't own the assets required yet.

Trades seems done.

D-12.

Are we really rivals with Orlando. I don't think anyone but Boston is a rival for us and we would make a trade with them today if the price is right. This isn't the NFL, we don't have a wildcard.

• Premium Member

Are we really rivals with Orlando. I don't think anyone but Boston is a rival for us and we would make a trade with them today if the price is right. This isn't the NFL, we don't have a wildcard.

When you push somebody out of the playoffs and they were expecting to win... you become their rival.

When you push somebody out of the playoffs and they were expecting to win... you become their rival.

They really aren't a rival, they just happen to play in our division. We don't hate them and they don't hate us. LAL would be a bigger rival to them than us.

• Premium Member

I believe they would make a deal with us in a heartbeat if it meant getting talent back. The Magic is not interested in the Nets offer, it does nothing for them in the future, Brooks is a nice peice but Lopez dont rebound or play defense. In regards to the Magic they are in a tough spot either way they go, they have to get rid of D12, but the GM is not going to send D12 to the Nets. D12 has messed this up himself with the Magic because of the way he has handled the whole situation. Look what Melo done and he did get shipped to NY and they are no anywhere as good as the Nuggets, as a matter of fact the Nuggets were a better team when they got that bum out of town.The Lakers have cooled on the D12 deal because of the Nash trade and Bynum is a very good center. The Lakers would have to give up too many assets to acquire D12 and they spent all of their draft pciks in the Nash deal.I know the ESPN media is dead set on D12 heading to Brookly, because that is the new sexy name and NYC. They have done everything they can in the media to make this trade happen. In the end, Atlanta has the best assets for the Magic in a D12 trade.

Diesel,If they were a rival, so why does Lakers can trade with Suns, or we traded to Nets and they are in the same conference. Trading in Division isnt all common but right now, he doesnt have a choice. Right now, If I was Rob Hennigan, I will be looking at value above all else. If he did traded with the Lakers, he would get Byunm for a year then he will bounce since he can get a max deal somewhere else, if he trade with Nets, then he will be bring in salary and they have to be signed before traded, so they will up in salary again. If he traded with the Rockets, he can get good contract and pick but that means Magic is going to be rebuilding again (with their owner who is 80 years old, that would too much for him) and If he trade with Hawks, he gets a PF/C with good value on his contract and he will be there for 3 more years so they can build around him, plus they still can be in the playoff hunt.DF has show up that he can pull rabbits out of his hat and here is the scary part, that Josh and Al is Hawks best trading piece, a another nugget to chew on. I dont count D12 or CP3 coming here, but if they do, they can make the Hawks the #1 ticket in Atlanta but these moves is so this team has OPTIONS.

Edited by NekiEcko

• Premium Member

Diesel, If they were a rival, so why does Lakers can trade with Suns, or we traded to Nets and they are in the same conference. Trading in Division isnt all common but right now, he doesnt have a choice. Right now, If I was Rob Hennigan, I will be looking at value above all else. If he did traded with the Lakers, he would get Byunm for a year then he will bounce since he can get a max deal somewhere else, if he trade with Nets, then he will be bring in salary and they have to be signed before traded, so they will up in salary again. If he traded with the Rockets, he can get good contract and pick but that means Magic is going to be rebuilding again (with their owner who is 80 years old, that would too much for him) and If he trade with Hawks, he gets a PF/C with good value on his contract and he will be there for 3 more years so they can build around him, plus they still can be in the playoff hunt. DF has show up that he can pull rabbits out of his hat and here is the scary part, that Josh and Al is Hawks best trading piece, a another nugget to chew on. I dont count D12 or CP3 coming here, but if they do, they can make the Hawks the #1 ticket in Atlanta but these moves is so this team has OPTIONS.

Here's the simpleness of it. Let's say they do deal with us. We get D-12 from them and they get whatever we give them (Horf and Harris with picks) OK. Now... they have what they want. We also get CP3. We also sign Smoove. We have CP3, Smoove, and D-12... signed for the next 5 yrs. Do you want to be the GM that gave Atlanta a Dynasty for 5 -10 years?

Here's the simpleness of it. Let's say they do deal with us. We get D-12 from them and they get whatever we give them (Horf and Harris with picks) OK. Now... they have what they want. We also get CP3. We also sign Smoove. We have CP3, Smoove, and D-12... signed for the next 5 yrs. Do you want to be the GM that gave Atlanta a Dynasty for 5 -10 years?

You have to have assurances that Dwight is going to sign here and not change his mind for the 100,030,000 time. Then we can go ahead and trade him. I think you getting the point. Outside of Lakers, the Hawks has the best deal there is and Magic wont have to be starting from stratch again (but you know they got this notion that they can resign Byunm to a deal) but they see the whole rival like you do, so they are scared.

• Moderators

Outside of Lakers, the Hawks has the best deal there is

Unless Bynum is guaranteed to resign, I think Atlanta's potential offer of Horford/Teague trumps everything else.

Unless Bynum is guaranteed to resign, I think Atlanta's potential offer of Horford/Teague trumps everything else.

But Bynum does has injury issues as well, but if he does resigned then it trumps everybody (they dont have any picks either)

I to believe we have the best deal. Al plus 3 picks or maybe Teague... We can basically offer 4 possible rebuilding pieces. That's got to be more inciting than a gimpy Andrew Bynum.

Heck in fact,They can still be in playoff hunt with those three there and they will have 3 picks in 2013 draft (Our, There, and Houston (if they go to the playoff) 1st and Future) I went to a Magic Forums, broke it down like this and they still want Byunm. Common Sense doesnt work in NBA

Heck in fact, They can still be in playoff hunt with those three there and they will have 3 picks in 2013 draft (Our, There, and Houston (if they go to the playoff) 1st and Future) I went to a Magic Forums, broke it down like this and they still want Byunm. Common Sense doesnt work in NBA

I can also see Bynum imploding with the responabilities of carrying a team. You would think they would learn after Penny, Tmac, Shaq and Howard. Big men end up wanting to leave there and they end up with gimps. Edited by Hotlanta1981

• Moderators

But Bynum does has injury issues as well, but if he does resigned then it trumps everybody (they dont have any picks either)

I think you can make the argument that Horford > Bynum because of injury concerns, but Horford isn't injury free and I think a reasonable team could value Bynum more given that Bynum represents a very difficult to reproduce size advantage. For that reason, a Bynum who isn't agreeing to sign an extension at the time of the trade is clearly less valuable to me but Horford vs. Bynum is close enough that I wouldn't count on Orlando valuing Horford over an extended Bynum.

• Moderators

I to believe we have the best deal. Al plus 3 picks or maybe Teague... We can basically offer 4 possible rebuilding pieces. That's got to be more inciting than a gimpy Andrew Bynum.

If Bynum isn't guaranteeing he will resign, I don't think we need to include picks with Teague to represent the best deal available.