• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

We have been here before

Wurider05

Pretending like we tore down a championship contender is not the same thing. There is a good reason Josh Smith is suddenly more excited about being an Atlanta Hawk - there is real cause to hope for better things in the future. The path we were on didn't offer that hope. It did offer a higher floor, though. I don't get those that are crying about losing the higher floor of an early playoff exit roster.

Well, you know it is going to be very difficult to replace all those shot attempts Joe took. I don't know how this team is going to win without all those shot attempts.

I agree. Trading for DH is our best means to a franchise paradigm shift. Easy enough to figure the little things out afterwards and getting Dwight now utterly removes the Nets from the equation (as they will have to resign their current players or find others as they don't want to open in Brooklyn without at least a highly competitive team). Still, Horford/Teague/Houston 1st or our 1st in 2014 is a lot and still might not be enough. We might need to give both picks

Just wondering.

1) How many of you think JS, DH and CP3 have talked already? If DH is brought here, CP3 is immediately on his speed dial. DH looks for reasons to stay here, not reasons to not come here. He recruits for himself and therefore for us.

2) Is there any better way for DH to rehabilitate his image than coming home to Atlanta? Unlike Lebron who left his hometown of Cleveland on bad terms and had to win a title to help his image, DH can immediately help his image by gracefully returning to his hometown. Unfortunately for DH, being graceful, much less decisive, has not been his strength.

W

I can't say for sure with Chris Paul, but there is very little doubt in my mind that Josh and Dwight have spoken. They are best friends. Dwight pushed for Orlando to trade for Josh this past season, and now the opportunity for Dwight to come home and play on the same team as Josh is there.

Pretending like we tore down a championship contender is not the same thing. There is a good reason Josh Smith is suddenly more excited about being an Atlanta Hawk - there is real cause to hope for better things in the future. The path we were on didn't offer that hope. It did offer a higher floor, though. I don't get those that are crying about losing the higher floor of an early playoff exit roster.

Yeah, josh is excited because he knows he'll get to add all of Joe's shots to his attempts. 30 shots a game anyone?

Well, you know it is going to be very difficult to replace all those shot attempts Joe took. I don't know how this team is going to win without all those shot attempts.

Funny. Smoob and his 30 shots a game. Woo hoo what fun.

Funny. Smoob and his 30 shots a game. Woo hoo what fun.

Care to make a wager on that? I'd be willing to bet that Josh will not become a ball hog and shoot the ball everytime he gets it. He's not Joe. He may have had more shot attempts than Joe last year, but that was by offensive design because he was set up to be a jump shooter, but Josh is a much better facilitator than Joe Johnson is. Josh only had 19.5 FGA on average in games that Joe did not play, and he averaged 23.2 PPG, 10.8 RPG, and 2.8 APG in those games if you want to look at the standard stats.

Care to make a wager on that? I'd be willing to bet that Josh will not become a ball hog and shoot the ball everytime he gets it. He's not Joe. He may have had more shot attempts than Joe last year, but that was by offensive design because he was set up to be a jump shooter, but Josh is a much better facilitator than Joe Johnson is. Josh only had 19.5 FGA on average in games that Joe did not play, and he averaged 23.2 PPG, 10.8 RPG, and 2.8 APG in those games if you want to look at the standard stats.

Since he's already a ball hog, the point would be moot.

If Josh is being a ball hog and shooting everytime, he will be gone by at the trade deadline. Ferry knows what kind of team he is looking to build and somehow Josh doing his own thing would not fit that philosophy....I don't think he will and I at least I hope he won't.