• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

I don't want Dwight Howard coming here

Gray Mule

If Ferry see's it fit to pursue Dwight, it negates whatever gossip people are throwing out there. I'm pretty sure he has more reliable contacts that get REAL info on a guy like Dwight.Dwight's value is at an all time low, this is the right time to get him. I guess after he averages 25 and 15 with 3 blocks people would feel good about acquiring him.

Yep I certainly see it from Dwight's point of view. It's a huge risk for anyone to trade for him without knowing whether he'd re-up there but since Brooklyn won't be able to sign him in FA there won't be many teams that can so I think he's worth the risk... plus we'd likely be able to get quite a bit for him in a SnT if we did decide to grant his wish and move him to Brooklyn.

That is precisely why I would go ahead and do the deal without Dwight agreeing to an extension beforehand. I find it hard to believe that Dwight would turn down more money by signing with someone else.

That is precisely why I would go ahead and do the deal without Dwight agreeing to an extension beforehand. I find it hard to believe that Dwight would turn down more money by signing with someone else.

Currently, Orlando can pay him more than anyone else. If it's all about the money, then he would just re-sign with Orlando. We will give up way too much for a one season (or less) rental.

If Ferry see's it fit to pursue Dwight, it negates whatever gossip people are throwing out there. I'm pretty sure he has more reliable contacts that get REAL info on a guy like Dwight. Dwight's value is at an all time low, this is the right time to get him. I guess after he averages 25 and 15 with 3 blocks people would feel good about acquiring him.

His value is at an all time low because he refuses to resign with anyone but a select few teams, none of them being Atlanta. Did you somehow miss this? If it was left to an open bidding league wide our deal would turn from "eh, pretty good" to barely middle of the pack but that's not the case. Of course it doesn't matter what fans think but 3 factors have to be weighed: Does Sund think it's worth it bidding and gambling away the future? "Gossip" or no gossip, public trade demands and demanding a coach and GM be fired count more in the basketball context. Does Dwight have a chance of changing his mind back to over 8 years ago? People are still hanging onto comments from the far past but there is zero present indication of a desire to play here. Even with the Joe and Marvin trade there's no word out of his camp that Atlanta has moved into his preferred list. Does Orlando actually value and desire Atlanta's package like Hawks fans do? If they personally value Lopez or Bynum over Al then those are the packages they prefer leading back to factor one.

Guest Walter

I know that we are desperate for a star to lead this franchise and energize this fanbase, but I just don't think that D12 or Josh are the answers to winning anything of any consequence. I would still trade Josh. Get a defensive big in here. Our star/scorer that needs to be brought in should be from the SM or SG position, in my opinion. And we need an upgrade at PG. Not a star, but someone who can create and defend and who has a high BBIQ.

Not one, single specific player mentioned or HOW we get them. Just more of the "we need to get this type of player" crowd. SSN, no offense, but unless you can propose a specific plan that is simple, competitive and similarly likely, you should reconsider this type of counter proposal general nonsense. We "should" do a lot of things but we can't. What we CAN do is trade for DH and let DH/JS do the recruiting for us. It is extremely reasonable that we CAN do this. It's also reasonable that it acquires a superstar player. The ATL franchise NEEDS this kind of help. NEEDS it! It doesn't need sermons about what this franchise should do, in a perfect world with no cap space, 3 lottery picks and every FA begging to come to the ATL. This was not meant to be directed primarily at you SSN. We all want 2-way superstars without skeletons, without risk, but that ain't happening. W W

Smith will want big numbers too. The biggest FA's won't come to the Hawks. Perfect time to invest in young talent and picks. If you can't build trough FA, you gotta do it through draft and trades. Smith's trade window is wide open and he has very good value.

• Premium Member

If Ferry see's it fit to pursue Dwight, it negates whatever gossip people are throwing out there. I'm pretty sure he has more reliable contacts that get REAL info on a guy like Dwight. Dwight's value is at an all time low, this is the right time to get him. I guess after he averages 25 and 15 with 3 blocks people would feel good about acquiring him.

If Dwight is averaging 25 points, his team is heading for no more than 25 wins. Edited by niremetal

I do. Nique had what, 15 kids and he was always cheating. I would take Howard in a millisecond. LOL, come on Ben Hill, he makes a team a top 5 defensive team by himself. I think you are understating his defensive impact.

"...his defensive impact CAN'T be overstated". That means I agree with you, bruh. Reading comprehension.

Dwight Howard is a bitch, I don't care how big he is. Bring people here that WANT to be here. Oh, and who can play basketball.

I agree with you wholeheartedly Bahamut. Enough with this coddling and bending over for these overrated players man. Don't get me wrong, I do dream of the day we can acquire a our own Wade, LeBron, Melo or Dwight but I would rather do it through the draft unless one of them wants to come here. In order to begin changing the culture here under the new era Danny has gotten the owners to commit to, we will have to build a solid core through the draft and make timely trades to position us as consistent winners like how indiana emerged back to relevancy. If you don't wanna be here, GTFO. I'm tired of these primadonna punks always being condescending to us(not that we haven't deserved it) directly or indirectly. That includes Josh as well (trust me I am a big fan of Josh).
  • Like 1

I agree with you wholeheartedly Bahamut. Enough with this coddling and bending over for these overrated players man. Don't get me wrong, I do dream of the day we can acquire a our own Wade, LeBron, Melo or Dwight but I would rather do it through the draft unless one of them wants to come here. In order to begin changing the culture here under the new era Danny has gotten the owners to commit to, we will have to build a solid core through the draft and make timely trades to position us as consistent winners like how indiana emerged back to relevancy. If you don't wanna be here, GTFO. I'm tired of these primadonna punks always being condescending to us(not that we haven't deserved it) directly or indirectly. That includes Josh as well (trust me I am a big fan of Josh).

Good point on Josh. The last thing I want is him becoming even more of a primadonna like his pal. If you want respect, earn it like a professional, not like the other talented whiners with a sense of entitlement.