• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

MC: Josh Smith not impressed by what he is seeing right now

GameTime

Who cares. He's not that good of a player. I don't care if he's impressed or not. There's nothing to argue here, he's soft.

Without Josh last year we are a lottery team, he is that good of a player.
  • Like 1

Without Josh last year we are a lottery team, he is that good of a player.

He's not good enough that you need to please him with every single move you make. And ooooh he's bffl's with a big clown who we hope he recruits to play with him on a team he's wanted to be traded from. That's the only reason his opinion is of any value.

• Moderators

Supposedly one of the reasons that Dan Gilbert is even contemplating helping out Brooklyn like that is because he's still so livid at LeBron for leaving that he's willing to do anything in his power to prevent Bron from winning another title, even if that includes helping another franchise form a super-team (which would also be a detriment to his own team). Crazier than hell if true, but I wouldn't put it past Gilbert either, as he's not exactly a paragon of emotional stability.

I can see that happening. Gilbert picks up a useful player at a price he can live with (Humphries) who will help bridge them to Tristan Thompson and picks up extra picks that make his team better. He bolsters up another team enough to give Lebron a rough time and figures his own team won't be challenging for a title for a couple of years and by then Wallace and JJ will be off their game but still taking up huge swathes of cap space. I could see Cleveland talking itself into this.

I am sick of this. We are never too far but never that close. This is basically worse than a loser. A loser has no where to go but up. What about the ones in the middle. They are stuck.

Meanwhile, the losers would KILL to be in the middle. And that's why Cleveland will help Brooklyn get Howard, even if it means that Brooklyn may beat Cleveland in the playoffs in the near future.

That would be without Josh and Al though and of course we'd be lottery bound without 2 of our 3 best players.

Im sure Horford could of done the same if Smoove was injured. My point is people are forgetting how great a season Smoove had last year. He stepped up for the games Al and even Joe missed.

Not rebuilding? How many players are under contract after next season? How many of those players are worth a darn? I think the Hawks are using this D12 thing as a smokescreen to stir up interest in the team. Ferry's plan is to tear this thing down and rebuild like the Spurs. We just have to be patient and let the man carry out his 6-year plan.

To rebuild means the Hawks virtually have no talent kinda of like other rebuilding teams ie, Cavs, Kings, Bobcats, etc., The Hawks will have two All Stars on the Team in Smoove (got robbed this year) and Horford. By all accounts having two Allstars in not rebuilding. Unfortunately in Today's NBA teams need "Big 3s" to compete....Now the Hawks have to try to Max Paul to give us a chance next summer or we will be floating around the 4th & 5th Seed for awhile

I can see that happening. Gilbert picks up a useful player at a price he can live with (Humphries) who will help bridge them to Tristan Thompson and picks up extra picks that make his team better. He bolsters up another team enough to give Lebron a rough time and figures his own team won't be challenging for a title for a couple of years and by then Wallace and JJ will be off their game but still taking up huge swathes of cap space. I could see Cleveland talking itself into this.

Humphries is said to want a 4 year deal with some pretty decent money and he won't sign a 1 year deal with Cleveland. I don't know that Gilbert is willing to commit 4 years to Humphries at the money he wants just to screw Lebron.

I dont think I was rude, but if I was I am sorry In this situation, I have a perfect example. When I lived in Japan, I learn about Shogi there. I remember that even if you did something bold, sometimes it will backfire and leaves you with no pieces on the board. You have to patience, looking at every move you can make, even if you have surrender a few pieces on the board. As long as you win the game. Josh needs to use that or he will be the one of the surrender pieces. Right now, he is looking at every move and Josh needs to be patience.

Honestly, Josh doesn't have to be patient at all. He's the one that will be a free agent next summer and in demand. - Boston - Cleveland - Dallas - Houston - Phoenix . . . will all be major players for that dude. Of course, we have the ability to offer him more money with a guaranteed 5th year, so that plays to our advantage in keeping Josh. Here's what I think though. If he struggles, the ATL crowd isn't going to be sympathetic toward him. If he continues to take bad jumpshots, the crowd will continue to moan and groan when he takes them. Combine that with the lack of fan support of a mediocre to bad team, and all of that could drive Josh right away from here. If he didn't like getting the blame in the past, how will he like it when he gets the blame when he's looked at as being "the man"?

• Moderators

Humphries is said to want a 4 year deal with some pretty decent money and he won't sign a 1 year deal with Cleveland. I don't know that Gilbert is willing to commit 4 years to Humphries at the money he wants just to screw Lebron.

I guess it depends on the price. I agree that Cleveland won't hamstring themselves to bolster a competitor of Lebron's. The deal would have to make Cleveland better in the long run (i.e, 3-4 years down the line).

• Premium Member

(If Howard goes to the Nets) I say we trade him for the best player(s) we can get that makes sense for us since we need every position to be updated except for PF.

If D12 is a no-go then it's time to sell. Al and Josh should bring enough talent back so that this team can be OKC by Ferry's 5th year.

• Moderators

If D12 is a no-go then it's time to sell. Al and Josh should bring enough talent back so that this team can be OKC by Ferry's 5th year.

I would lean that way as well. You can't lose Josh for nothing. The question is really whether you also deal Teague and Horford or not. I would rather be at the top of the lottery than around pick #10.

• Premium Member

It has been stated that while we build, Ferry wants to keep this team competitive. So, I don't think they will hold a firesale on the restnof the roster. I do think the Hawks will have to deal Smith or Horford amd most likely, it will be Smith.

I would lean that way as well. You can't lose Josh for nothing. The question is really whether you also deal Teague and Horford or not. I would rather be at the top of the lottery than around pick #10.

Where is KB21 to chastise you that it is easier to go from good to great than terrible to great!