• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Breakdown of the Dwight trade

Admin

Guest Walter

Keep in mind this deal is dependent upon Kris Humphries agreeing to a one-year deal. He wants a multi-year deal (4yrs). This trade is not happening.

This still hasn't been cleared up. All Cleveland gets is the 27th pick (BN 1st) in the draft in 2014 or whenever to take on 4 years of Humphries at a higher than justifiable salary? There are still some kinks that only a russian billionaire can iron out. W

This still hasn't been cleared up. All Cleveland gets is the 27th pick (BN 1st) in the draft in 2014 or whenever to take on 4 years of Humphries at a higher than justifiable salary? There are still some kinks that only a russian billionaire can iron out. W

In Mother Russia, kinks iron you.

• Moderators

From what I have read, only the first year is guaranteed so that puts Cleveland in the driver's seat beyond year 1. A non-guaranteed contract is a pretty valuable trade piece.

Ferry should be fired? Look at that crap that Orlando is getting for a player worth twice as much as JJ. Lopez - injury prone C who doesn't rebound Walton - scrub D. James - potential backup Shellhead - decent backup Armon Johnson - scrub (3) 1st round picks - likely to be very late 1st round picks and they'll likely be in 2013, 2015, 2017

I was thinking something very similar How is that > Zaza, Teague, (resigned Green), 2013 (2 firsts), 2015 first? How is that > Teague, Horford, 2013 (2 firsts)?

At least its all over now. So let's go trade Josh and Horf and see if we can compete in the 2015 season!

Are you kidding? Dwight is now in NYC. We will be hearing about evey bowel movement he has. ESPN will set up a studio in his kitchen.
  • Like 2

Guest Walter

From what I have read, only the first year is guaranteed so that puts Cleveland in the driver's seat beyond year 1. A non-guaranteed contract is a pretty valuable trade piece.

Why would Humphries take this? He must get a big buyout. W

• Premium Member

There was a report from Orlando saying the Magic Gm hit the brakes on this trade. I'm wondering if this whole thing was just a huge smoke screen on their part to get better offers for Dwight. That trade is absolutely horrible for Orlando. They had them giving BROOK LOPEZ a max deal. Insane.

Humphries has said he wont even discuss a one year deal much less sign one. Lopez doesnt want to go to Orlando. The Clippers are still debating whther they want Brooks and the Magic are still working the phones with other teams. Yet everyone is talking like the trade is done.

• Moderators

Why would Humphries take this? He must get a big buyout. W

I can't imagine why he wouldn't just shop himself in FA if this is all NJ is offering to him. He is an UFA so there is no buyout of his current deal and Cleveland (reportedly) wasn't going to have any buyout attached to cutting him after year 1.

Humphries has said he wont even discuss a one year deal much less sign one. Lopez doesnt want to go to Orlando. The Clippers are still debating whther they want Brooks and the Magic are still working the phones with other teams. Yet everyone is talking like the trade is done.

I hope that is right. Now Lopez is a toxic contract with a max deal so I see that as a bad thing for Orlando but at least I could understand why he would be OK with joining another terrible team so he could cash bigger checks but if Lopez can get offers elsewhere anywhere near this then I would not consent to the S&T if I was in his shoes. If I was Humphries I would definitely not agree to it.