• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Breakdown of the Dwight trade

Admin

Dang dude. Chill out. All we did was give up Joe. Big deal. It's been like a week.

You're not getting it. If Ferry thinks he will build a title contender he will be a failure next week, next month, next year or 5 years from now. If that's the way he is going to work, he will overpay turds like Harden and Curry. From what I'm seeing, Ferry is working on failed strategy. if the game plan is bad, then I'm not going to wait until it plays out before voicing my opinion. Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

• Moderators

So, will all the Dwight apologists change their tune now?

By Dwight apologists are you talking about people who were arguing that he didn't really want to go to Brooklyn or that he wasn't be immature and trashing his reputation for the past year? I'm not sure who those people are. I do think there were a lot of people who thought that he is good enough that we should risk acquiring him, myself included, but the only thing that would change my mind on that would be continued health problems. The kid is fickle. For goodness sake, he signed an extension with Orlando last season after letting the team endure a shredding for months in the press and with every outside observer knowing that the situation was broken in Orlando. Edited by AHF

Nets Out: Lopez, Humphries, Brooks, Armon Johnson, Shellhead, D. James, Gaines, (3) 1st round picks, $3 mil cash

FYI: It's not nice to make fun of someone's physical appearance. I'm sure Shelden is self-conscious; then again, he has Candace to console him. Edited by ATL_BALLER

You're not getting it. If Ferry thinks he will build a title contender he will be a failure next week, next month, next year or 5 years from now. If that's the way he is going to work, he will overpay turds like Harden and Curry. From what I'm seeing, Ferry is working on failed strategy. if the game plan is bad, then I'm not going to wait until it plays out before voicing my opinion.

No you are not getting it. Dwight didn't want to come here or anywhere else. Nothing he could do. Period. And he is going to sign Harden and Curry to large deals? This is news to me. Edited by HawkFan

No you are not getting it. Dwight didn't want to come here or anywhere else. Period. And he is going to sign Harden and Curry to large deals? This is news to me.

He isn't looking to build through the draft with top draft picks. His idea is to make 7th and 8th seed while hoping to build with crappy mid to late first rounders and free agency. And he will fail at doing so. He already failed to get the deal he wanted from the Nets. Instead of a talented young player with potential he got a lotto protected first rounder. Way to go Ferry! Good job! Good effort! Edited by Hotlanta1981
  • Like 1

• Moderators

He isn't looking to build through the draft with top draft picks. His idea is to make 7th and 8th seed while hoping to build with crappy mid to late first rounders and free agency. And he will fail at doing so.

We'll see. It is too early to say on that for me. He could deal Josh and go to the lottery at any he chooses. Let's see how things play out.

He isn't looking to build through the draft with top draft picks. His idea is to make 7th and 8th seed while hoping to build with crappy mid to late first rounders and free agency. And he will fail at doing so.

I'd say 7 out of 10 lottery picks are busts every year anyway. Not every top 5 pick is a star or even contributes much at all. Not to mention some drafts don't have any outstanding talents. The draft is always unreliable but I see your point.

• Moderators

Keep in mind this deal is dependent upon Kris Humphries agreeing to a one-year deal. He wants a multi-year deal (4yrs). This trade is not happening.

Is Lopez all on board with this? If so, it tells you that his priority is cashing a check. We know his priority isn't grabbing a board so this just rounds out the picture.

I'd say 7 out of 10 lottery picks are busts every year anyway. Not every top 5 pick is a star or even contributes much at all. Not to mention some drafts don't have any outstanding talents. The draft is always unreliable but I see your point.

If he is a great GM this is how he is going to have to build a championship team here. He isn't going to do it with free agents. If he reverses course then I will give him kudo's for that. But right now that doesn't seem to be the direction he is headed.

• Admin

Well Orlando will be competeing with CHarlotte for the worst record this next season but with all of those picks along with their own top3 (depending on how they do in the lottery) they could be setting themselves up....However, it is not always good to get players in the same year .... OKC is learning that the hard way nowAs for Brooks...I don't know why the Magic would not want him...he is talented and better then what they have to put on the floor

Is Lopez all on board with this? If so, it tells you that his priority is cashing a check. We know his priority isn't grabbing a board so this just rounds out the picture.

Brook has stated he doesn't want to go to Orlando a while back.

As for Brooks...I don't know why the Magic would not want him...he is talented and better then what they have to put on the floor

He demands max money.... And he is simply not that good. Good scorer who isn't really good at anything else.