• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Latest D12

Are they wanting us to deal with? It says something about getting young players and draft picks can cap space.I have a feeling they would accept Teague, Al, ZaZa and draft picks for Howard and Richardson. They would be getting 3 young starters (maybe they think highly of Teague?) workable contracts, picks and rid of Jason Richardson. Perhaps that's the deal they actually want.I think in the end, we will have the best deal to offer them. It sucks giving up that much, but if we can get Dwight to resign, that is a franchise changing move. The kind of move this franchise has needed for 2 decades.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

Not much .... guess they should have tried trading Lopez and Humphries for 1sts to give Orlando.

have to keep in mind that the magic wants to dump salary as well! the nets werent able to take j rich or turk

Are they wanting us to deal with? It says something about getting young players and draft picks can cap space. I have a feeling they would accept Teague, Al, ZaZa and draft picks for Howard and Richardson. They would be getting 3 young starters (maybe they think highly of Teague?) workable contracts, picks and rid of Jason Richardson. Perhaps that's the deal they actually want.

Sounds good to me but we would need a better backup 5 than Petro. Would be thrilled to not have to take Duhon as well.

Sounds good to me but we would need a better backup 5 than Petro. Would be thrilled to not have to take Duhon as well.

It's such a big franchise move... I think we could work around our flaws that we would have left. It really is a franchise changing move. Al would be the only thing I would look back on with regret. I think Teague and Williams possibly another FA can fill the gap. Losing Teague wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Houston's pick is probably one that we will not get for a couple of years. If Howard bolted it would put us back at 10-20 wins, but with NJ out of the way I think it's the chance we have to take. We have to change the culture here and making 8th seed and getting 2nd rate players in FA next year isn't going to do it.

Well according to JA Adande who was just on sportscenter, looks like it is close to a deal with Houston, LA, and Orlando. He didn't even mention the Hawks. Take it for what it is worth. Last night it was suppose to be close with the Nets. Interesting how none of the tv media types mention the Hawks as a destination. Makes me wonder how serious our offer is for Howard?

Well was tempted to start another thread on this very issue but I'll stay within this one Basically, what I've seen throughout this whole process is a very anti-Hawks vibe from ESPN. Heck, they've always had it. They are beyond reluctant to admit that the Hawks are still in the discussions But above all they avoid the elephant in the room that we have BY FAR the best offer to Orlando. The scrub picks that the Nets were offering, that the Rockets, Lakers offer is a joke compared to what we can offer with Horford, Teague, and 1st round picks It's not even close. If a team like the Lakers had the assets we had ESPN would be screaming it from the rooftops For some reason they don't like the Hawks. Not saying that has any bearing on behind the scenes, but the media certainly isn't trying to wish Howard to Atlanta into existence.