• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Merged: ESPN Marc Stein: Hawks still think they are alive in Dwight trade chase

GameTime

They most certainly are still alive...Ferry is going to have to take the gamble like Billy King did with Deron Williams. He's going to have to pull the trigger and hope and pray that he can convince him to stay.(along with the extra 30mil he can offer him). Josh Smith, Morrow, Lou Williams and the possibilty of CP3 might just get it done.

"Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine: RT @chadfordinsider: If Magic want best player? Trade w/Lakers. Best package of players? Hawks. Blow it up? Rockets. City Dwight wants? Nets

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine: Hawks, I'm told, still think they're alive in Dwight trade chase. With plenty of pieces to offer and Josh Smith to lobby Howard to stay"

Our Hawks are still in this... Happy to see someone notice we have the best package to offer. These Media Guys hate to admit this because they want to see Dwight in NY or LA... SMDH!

If Orlando can really end up with 2 rookies, 3 1sts and $15 mil in expirings plus cash, we can't touch that.

Reportedly it is 2 future 1st round picks and 2 rookies and we can beat that considering we have their 2013 pick and much better players. Edited by GameTime

If Orlando can really end up with 2 rookies, 3 1sts and $15 mil in expirings plus cash, we can't touch that.

I don't agree. The three first rounders will be in the twenties. They will not pick up any foundation players there. If it is first rounders they want, Ferry will probably be happy to give them two. The cap relief will come from taking one of their "bad" contracts. And finally, we will be sending a promising PG and a native son that can fill their need for a good Center. A Center, I might add, with an excellent team attitude. There is no other team that can come close to what the Hawks can offer the Magic.

That is one of the things I was saying, that they are getting nothing but rookies and hoping that the Mavs and Raptors stinking up to get those pick and I know that they don't want to tank, I think that Atlanta has a superior package to everybody except the Lakers but I am staring to think that Rockets FO is on the Lakers payroll or something like that.

They have a Toronto top 3 protected pick (houston does) from the lowry SNT, that is their Ace asset. But if Orlando only wants picks; we could swing our guys to houston for those picks/rooks and package ours with it, try and get a sf out of it too

I'm trying to figure this out.Harris - 9.5Teague - 2.4Zaza - 5.3Smith - 13.2Horford - 12Jenkins - 1Ivan - 1Lou - 5 (ish)Morrow - 4Petro - 3.5Stephenson - 2.5Williams - .75______I've got 60.15 plus holds? Maybe less depending on Stephenson and Lou's deals. So for the purposes of a Dwight trade...we are at the 150% marker or is it off of last years LT of 125% (I think we ended up in the LT last year, real close).Also, does Farmar's buyout count against the cap/LT

I'm trying to figure this out. Harris - 9.5 Teague - 2.4 Zaza - 5.3 Smith - 13.2 Horford - 12 Jenkins - 1 Ivan - 1 Lou - 5 (ish) Morrow - 4 Petro - 3.5 Stephenson - 2.5 Williams - .75 ______ I've got 60.15 plus holds? Maybe less depending on Stephenson and Lou's deals. So for the purposes of a Dwight trade...we are at the 150% marker or is it off of last years LT of 125% (I think we ended up in the LT last year, real close). Also, does Farmar's buyout count against the cap/LT

If we are giving Louise the MLE then we are over the cap. So 58 plus 5. I know before were at only 2.5mil below the 58 mil cap using only roster min holds and not capholds for Damp, Jaco, Vlad etc. Edited by MaceCase

So I think that somebody is going to be traded sooner than later. The question is to trade Teague or Harris. Harris has the highest salary but he is a expired as well. But I think we will have enough salary to send back to Orlando.

Where the hell is MrH with his spreadsheet. He was always on top of the numbers.Camp, the buyout counts against both the cap and LT. We actually save money from what I have heard since all reports show Farmar was bought out for $1.5m. He would have cost us $4.25m if he did not agree to it.A safe bet on what DeShawn signed for is that his salary fit in exactly with the Nets constraint of only being able to take back 150% + $100K salary. I am seeing Joe is owed $19,752,645 on shamsports.com and I trust him.

Reportedly it is 2 future 1st round picks and 2 rookies and we can beat that considering we have their 2013 pick and much better players.

The pick that we have from them is lotto protected so we don't get it if they don't make the playoffs.

They have a lotto Raptor pick.

If Orlando doesn't want extra salary then it doesn't matter about the players, Al's remaining 48 mil and having to resign Teague lessen their value.

None of Hawksquawk's member's proposals have included taking back Duhon/Richardsonx2/Big Baby/Hedo.