• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Lopez nearing deal to re-sign for max with Nets

Admin

It looks like the Nets are closing in on a deal with Lopez to re-sign.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--nets-near-contract-agreement-with-brook-lopez.html Restricted free-agent center Brook Lopez is progressing toward an agreement for a maximum contract with the Brooklyn Nets, league sources told Yahoo! Sports. Brook Lopez played in only five games last season for the Nets. (AP)Nets president Billy King and Lopez’s agent, Arn Tellem, are finalizing the length of the deal – four years for $58 million, or five years for $78 million – and ironing out protections on the back end to account for a right foot that Lopez broke twice in the past year, sources said.

He isn't work the max no where near it. but

Once Lopez signs the deal, he can’t be traded until December.

guess the Lakers/Houston stuff maybe true. I hope that we don't have to enter the season with stories about where D12 will end up. This needs to be taken care of now. Edited by Wurider05
  • Like 1

He isn't work the max no where near it.

If Horford is worth $14 then I'd say a healthy Lopez is also worth that as he's far superior offensively. The problem is he's a major injury concern and is a sub-par rebounder for a C and doesn't play much defense either.

If Horford is worth $14 then I'd say a healthy Lopez is also worth that as he's far superior offensively. The problem is he's a major injury concern and is a sub-par rebounder for a C and doesn't play much defense either.

thats the problem he is a poor rebounder for his size and he doesn't play defense. He is soft.

thats the problem he is a poor rebounder for his size and he doesn't play defense. He is soft.

He may be soft but there are less than a handful of 7' centers in the league who can score 30 points on any given night and he's one of them plus he's still young.

Brook Lopez on a max deal might be a worse contract than Joe Johnson. This is a player that had a negative impact for the nets in the games he played. He had negative win shares and a neg WS48. This is a classic example of a team that is being stupid with its money.

Brook Lopez on a max deal might be a worse contract than Joe Johnson. This is a player that had a negative impact for the nets in the games he played. He had negative win shares and a neg WS48. This is a classic example of a team that is being stupid with its money.

• Moderators

The will rue the day they have him $78M. That instantly becomes a negative asset in a Dwight deal (i.e., you have to pay someone to take that contract or at least get very little value for it.)

The will rue the day they have him $78M. That instantly becomes a negative asset in a Dwight deal (i.e., you have to pay someone to take that contract or at least get very little value for it.)

It is as bad as when we gave Joe $120 million.

Horford only gets $12 a year he did not get max money. Hibbert and Lopez are probably both getting the same thing, 4 year $58 which both are greater than the 5 year $60 million Horford got. Neither guy is better than Al but both are true C's. Is what it is, DeAndre got $10 a year and Kwame got $8 last year. Pays to be a true C