• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Why hasnt the Joe Johnson trade gone through yet?

NJHAWK

Some of the dealings that went down after the Hawks and Nets agreed have been done already like the Steve Nash deal. I know Im overeacting but my Hungarian suspicion is starting to kick in here.Fuhrer Stern Vetoes trade so Nets can use assets ( expired contracts band Houston 1st) to get Dwight? OR Fuhrer Stern invokes the veto anything that gives the Hawks a chance to be relevant statute?

Edited by NJHAWK

Some of the dealings that went down after the Hawks and Nets agreed have been done already like the Steve Nash deal. I know Im overeacting but my Hungarian suspicion is starting to kick in here.Fuhrer Stern Vetoes trade so Nets can use assets ( expired contracts band Houston 1st) to get Dwight? OR Fuhrer Stern invokes the veto anything that gives the Hawks a chance to be relevant statute?

Stern cannot veto any trade as far as I know. The only reason he had the ability to do that with the Hornets was because the league owned them at the time. With our deal there are a lot of players involved so it's not as simple as the Nash SnT deal.

I dont think the Marv for Harris deal went through yet. Maybe Ferry is slow with the paaperwork. Stern may not be able to veto but they can always find a loophole. I never trust the nba. Perhaps Gearon is suing to get his gm power back.

Edited by NJHAWK
  • Like 1

I have a feeling Marvin is really going to have a great year in Utah

Well, he was never really a terrible player. Just not a superstar and that's what most people expected from him. I don't know if he'll have a great year, probably on par with what he produced her. I wish him the best though. Edited by ATLSmith

It would ruin their future credibilty as far as league dealings go but it could get them Howard instead of JJ. Remember that Orlando had a much stronger stance against a trade with the Nets when the jj deal was agreed to. Now it seems like they would accept Lopez, expiring deals and 3 or 4 1st round picks. Well they would get plenty expiring deals and a 1st round pick back if the JJ deal " falls through".

I imagine both teams are juggling "deals" for the right cap fit. It's like my checking account at the end of the month. The deposits and debits need to be in the right order or there could be complications.

resign lopez b4 trade for joe im guessing?

So this should be nonsimultaneous on our part. We will generate a "TPE" and I am assuming the best possible deal for us. New Jersey doesn't need this to be nonsimultaneous on their part though.Joe is owed roughly $19.75m so that's the number I'm using (do the math with the exact number if you want the exact answser). The Nets can take back 150% + $100k so from their end they need to say their goal is to take back within the rules. They should be within 150% of $19.65m (see I took out 100k?). This is equivalent of saying (1/1.5)*19.65m is what they need to send out. That means they sent out $13.1m.Our non-simultaneous deal entails we must match 100% + 100k of total salary sent out. We sent out $19.75m and brought in $13.1m for a difference of $6.65m. That is our "TPE" but don't forget about the + 100k!I don't get where Hollinger is tweeting "Korver fits just within the TPE" because he fits well within it. Korver will make like $5m, pretty sure $6.75m is covering that easily.

So this should be nonsimultaneous on our part. We will generate a "TPE" and I am assuming the best possible deal for us. New Jersey doesn't need this to be nonsimultaneous on their part though.

Joe is owed roughly $19.75m so that's the number I'm using (do the math with the exact number if you want the exact answser). The Nets can take back 150% + $100k so from their end they need to say their goal is to take back within the rules. They should be within 150% of $19.65m (see I took out 100k?). This is equivalent of saying (1/1.5)*19.65m is what they need to send out. That means they sent out $13.1m.

Our non-simultaneous deal entails we must match 100% + 100k of total salary sent out. We sent out $19.75m and brought in $13.1m for a difference of $6.65m. That is our "TPE" but don't forget about the + 100k!

I don't get where Hollinger is tweeting "Korver fits just within the TPE" because he fits well within it. Korver will make like $5m, pretty sure $6.75m is covering that easily.

I see you using 150% so I'm confused on this tidbit from your arch-capologist-nemesis

81. How do simultaneous trades work? How much salary can a team take back in a simultaneous trade?

A simultaneous trade takes place all at once. The amount of salary a team can take back in a simultaneous trade depends on the outgoing salary and whether the team is a taxpayer. They always use the post-trade team salary when looking at whether a team is a taxpayer (so a team slightly under the tax level would be considered a taxpayer if the trade takes them over the tax level).

For non-taxpaying teams (again, they must be under the tax level after the trade), the salaries that can be acquired depend on the total salaries the team is trading away: Non-Taxpaying Teams Outgoing salary Maximum incoming salary $0 to $9.8 million 150% of the outgoing salary, plus $100,000 $9.8 million to $19.6 million The outgoing salary plus $5 million $19.6 million and up 125% of the outgoing salary, plus $100,000

Is this trade actually under the 125% rule or the outgoing plus 5 mil or is there zero bearing?

Ah f***, the table got taken out when I posted but it was there when I copy and pasted. I'm too lazy to fix it and you are too lazy to do the numbers so just disregard.......It's just team physicals and jersey fittings we're waiting on!

Edited by MaceCase

• Moderators

I have a feeling Marvin is really going to have a great year in Utah

What I think of when I think of a player having a great year may be different than what you are thinking. What qualifies as a great year for Marvin in Utah?