• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Best Role for each Guard on the Hawks

JTB

This is How LD should use our guards.....

ATL Hawks Guards:

Devin Harris- i say start because of his ability to run pick and roll. plus he's disciplined and he can score. also good at getting to the goal and good at defense.

Jeff Teague- should now come off the bench and would be great to play backup pg minutes. he can be very effective in this role as long as he asserts himself on the court

Lou Williams- our new 6th man! better than crawford cause dude can get to the rim and was the runner up to james harden in 6th man! thats HUGE for us! Though him and teague will be a small backcourt off the bench they should give much needed scoring. Lou is a steal and he will be in the talks of 6th man over the next couple of years!

John Jenkins- i might be crazy but i say we start jenkins at SG. proabably playing around 30 minutes a game for us. I really like this kid, he has work ethic that I know will only get him some love from the ATL fans.

Anthony Morrow- great 3 point shooter and should play spot minutes at the SG and SF he will be really good at doing this! Our bench looks better than ever!

So our lineup looks like this:

pg- Harris backup Teague

sg- Jenkins backup Williams and morrow at spot minutes

sf- Smith backup Stevenson and morrow spot minutes

pf- Horford backup Scott and Josh Smith

c- Zaza backup Petro and Horford

those who hate smith at SF...I dont really see a way from getting around letting smith play SF unless we trade for Brewer from the Bulls or trade Horford for D12

I really hope DeShawn Stevenson gets traded, he is someone I don't want on this team, bad attitude, more known for his issues outside basketball than for his game, null on offense and overrated defender, his last 4 seasons have been a disaster, I don't want him to play a single minute for Atlanta.

DStev isnt afraid of Lebron. I would put him and Ivan in vs the Heat and tell them no easy baskets even if your both fouled out by half time. As far as our guards go, this team will be greese f'n lightning.

I don't understand anybody who says Teague comes off the bench. He HAS to start.If you plan on keeping him, he has to start or else you're basically showing him you lost faith in him. He had problems coming off the bench behind Hinrich and Bibby before, and I don't see it being any different if he's coming off the bench behind Harris (or Williams). We drafted him in the first round YEARS ago presumably to be our PG of the future. You don't bench your young guys unless you're ready to move on.If you plan on trading him, bringing him off the bench will lower his trade value. What do you think is going to net you a better trade: a former 1st round pick and starting PG who plays 35+ mpg and gets you 15/7/5, or a 6th or 7th man who plays 25 mpg and probably doesn't break double digits in any category?

Edited by goodrev05

ATL Hawks Guards:

Devin Harris- i say start because of his ability to run pick and roll. plus he's disciplined and he can score. also good at getting to the goal and good at defense.

Jeff Teague- should now come off the bench and would be great to play backup pg minutes. he can be very effective in this role as long as he asserts himself on the court

Lou Williams- our new 6th man! better than crawford cause dude can get to the rim and was the runner up to james harden in 6th man! thats HUGE for us! Though him and teague will be a small backcourt off the bench they should give much needed scoring. Lou is a steal and he will be in the talks of 6th man over the next couple of years!

John Jenkins- i might be crazy but i say we start jenkins at SG. proabably playing around 30 minutes a game for us. I really like this kid, he has work ethic that I know will only get him some love from the ATL fans.

Anthony Morrow- great 3 point shooter and should play spot minutes at the SG and SF he will be really good at doing this! Our bench looks better than ever!

pg- Harris backup Teague

those who hate smith at SF...I dont really see a way from getting around letting smith play SF unless we trade for Brewer from the Bulls or trade Horford for D12

I agree with everything but I would hope Morrow gets more minutes at SF than DeShawn. I would rather use DeShawn in specialty situations and guarding certain people.

ATL Hawks Guards:

pg- Harris backup Teague

As currently constructed

I agree with Josh at SF, Horf at PF and Zaza. But I really think Teague and Horf are gone. I think we are going to find a way to bring Dwight here and he will be packaged with either Richardson or Duhon. I think Williams is here as an emergency 1, backup at the 2. I think Jenkins starts if you have Dwight, Morrow starts if you don't (it's a defense thing). Teague's position in the lineup is conditional on Harris still being here on opening night.

Guest Walter

I don't understand anybody who says Teague comes off the bench. He HAS to start. If you plan on keeping him, he has to start or else you're basically showing him you lost faith in him. He had problems coming off the bench behind Hinrich and Bibby before, and I don't see it being any different if he's coming off the bench behind Harris (or Williams). We drafted him in the first round YEARS ago presumably to be our PG of the future. You don't bench your young guys unless you're ready to move on. If you plan on trading him, bringing him off the bench will lower his trade value. What do you think is going to net you a better trade: a former 1st round pick and starting PG who plays 35+ mpg and gets you 15/7/5, or a 6th or 7th man who plays 25 mpg and probably doesn't break double digits in any category?

I agree with this. I think Harris (slightly taller) fits in better with Lou Williams also. Expect a trade though. W

I don't understand anybody who says Teague comes off the bench. He HAS to start. If you plan on keeping him, he has to start or else you're basically showing him you lost faith in him. He had problems coming off the bench behind Hinrich and Bibby before, and I don't see it being any different if he's coming off the bench behind Harris (or Williams). We drafted him in the first round YEARS ago presumably to be our PG of the future. You don't bench your young guys unless you're ready to move on. If you plan on trading him, bringing him off the bench will lower his trade value. What do you think is going to net you a better trade: a former 1st round pick and starting PG who plays 35+ mpg and gets you 15/7/5, or a 6th or 7th man who plays 25 mpg and probably doesn't break double digits in any category?

honestly i can understand not wanting teague coming off the bench because he may not be agressive enough. however i think most would agree that harris is our best point guard...