• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

****Dwight Howard Discussion Thread****

BusBoyIsBack

I think that Josh Smith is also a free agent after next year, so it be crazy for him to recuit even know that you might not be here after the next season. So here is my opinion, if D12 gets traded to Rockets, I got money that Ferry would send Smith somewhere else during the Trade Deadline or earlier if a good deal comes up.

Should we believe this? And if so, WTF Josh???

Well the guy was just asking for a trade for two years. I take it that he wants to convince himself before he ruins the trust of a friend by getting them into a situation that not even he was happy about.

Well the guy was just asking for a trade for two years. I take it that he wants to convince himself before he ruins the trust of a friend by getting them into a situation that not even he was happy about.

I could see that for asking him to sign an extension but sheesh he's got to play a year someplace anyway and I can't imagine a scenario where playing in Atlanta for a year will be worse than going back and playing another year in Orlando where they probably hate him right about now.

• Premium Member

I could see that for asking him to sign an extension but sheesh he's got to play a year someplace anyway and I can't imagine a scenario where playing in Atlanta for a year will be worse than going back and playing another year in Orlando where they probably hate him right about now.

Very true. However... 1) If he gets traded to Atlanta, they will then have his bird rights and if he wanted to leave, he would have to leave a big chunk of money on the table and 2) Reportedly, Orlando wants Horford. However, unlike many here, Ferry's view of Horford is different in that it seems he doesn't think a one year rental Howard is worth giving up Big Al.

Very true. However... 1) If he gets traded to Atlanta, they will then have his bird rights and if he wanted to leave, he would have to leave a big chunk of money on the table and 2) Reportedly, Orlando wants Horford. However, unlike many here, Ferry's view of Horford is different in that it seems he doesn't think a one year rental Howard is worth giving up Big Al.

1) That's going to happen anywhere he goes since the only team he wants to play for are incapable of trading for him without intervention from God (or Stern). 2) That may very well be true... or he may be holding out Horford as his ace in the hole to trump any deal and steal Howard at the last minute. The longer he refuses to give Horford up, the more his perceived value to us increases and therefore the quality of our offer seems a lot stronger than if he were offering Horford up from the beginning.

Dol, it all goes back to fact Smoove wanted out. Who's to say he fully wants to play the year out here and isn't looking to be traded to the team he wants to extend with? That's what I'm saying, the trade rumors were pervasive for over a year....Ferry's been on the job for two weeks. Josh himself wants to see if he'll stick before he goes telling his buddy to come over.

Steve Kyler: Hawks forward Josh Smith says he has not started "recruiting" Dwight Howard, but would be lying if he wouldn't love it. TwitterHey Josh what are you waiting for? Get to it.

• Premium Member

Very true. However...

1) If he gets traded to Atlanta, they will then have his bird rights and if he wanted to leave, he would have to leave a big chunk of money on the table and

2) Reportedly, Orlando wants Horford. However, unlike many here, Ferry's view of Horford is different in that it seems he doesn't think a one year rental Howard is worth giving up Big Al.

Being a businessman myself, I guess I look at this deal as one for a superstar. A superstar of this calibur is not IMO coming to Atlanta as a free agent, just not going to happen. If this deal is made I own the "bird rights" and if he walks then he leaves a big chunk of money laying on the table. Now, the endorsement deal could be huge and outweigh the contract, I dont know.

But, I would do this deal in a heartbeat. In SA the Spurs have had two absolute stars in David Robinson and Tim Duncan. If I acquire Howard I am now mentioned and join the elite of the league. If I dont do this deal I continue to be a middle of the pack struggle, or lastly I can jump dump everything and pin my hopes on the lottery, and then if Im lucky enough to win the lottery, hope there is a superstar waiting for me to pick.

Taking a chance on Howard is worth the gamble over the other two options IMO.

• Like 1

That is what got some many people on the fence about this. Howard is a big baby and need to make his mind up about what team he wants to play for. But he is one of the best centers in the NBA right now and he can fill up Phillps every night or close to it. Right now, this team needs to bring more fans to the games period and Dwight can do that. I know that we wants to go to Brooklyn but that train as left the station. I dont want to give up Horford and Teague but right now, this team needs to gamble. I know that the safe bet is to stay with Al and Teague but we are not going to see any superstar coming here unless they did that and it was bad idea so I think that they need to gamble.

If we trade for him then Brooklyn can't sign him next summer anyway...who would have cap space next summer to sign Dwight to max without us trading him?

Dallas......you know, that other team he listed as his top choice to be traded to. As long as they remain in play, trading for him is a huge gamble because he can always walk on over to a place he actually desired playing in. People will try and debate what they have rosterwise but please remember that before Joe and even before Wallace was traded there, Dwight wanted to be a Net badly with just Deron being around.

Dallas......you know, that other team he listed as his top choice to be traded to. As long as they remain in play, trading for him is a huge gamble because he can always walk on over to a place he actually desired playing in. People will try and debate what they have rosterwise but please remember that before Joe and even before Wallace was traded there, Dwight wanted to be a Net badly with just Deron being around.

You know...for a capologist, you're having a hard time with the current numbers and Brooklyn getting Dwight??? They've got minimal current draft picks (less than 3 years) and those picks will be low impact. The Houston pick we own has more value than 3 Brooklyn picks should they land Dwight as Houston is probably 14-20 where the 3 Brooklyn picks would be 28-30 and future picks. Even if we just went scrub sale in 2 months when the traded players become available, we can put together a much better package of expirings and picks without offering Horford. Most of Brooklyn's players won't be available till Dec 15. Most of ours will be available around Sept 15. Early enough to get them into Magic camp, settled, etc.

You know...for a capologist, you're having a hard time with the current numbers and Brooklyn getting Dwight???

They've got minimal current draft picks (less than 3 years) and those picks will be low impact. The Houston pick we own has more value than 3 Brooklyn picks should they land Dwight as Houston is probably 14-20 where the 3 Brooklyn picks would be 28-30 and future picks. Even if we just went scrub sale in 2 months when the traded players become available, we can put together a much better package of expirings and picks without offering Horford. Most of Brooklyn's players won't be available till Dec 15. Most of ours will be available around Sept 15. Early enough to get them into Magic camp, settled, etc.

For a copy and paste pro you're achieving your job with great vigor because it's obvious you don't actually comprehend and digest what you copy......

I'm not talking about Brooklyn......Noticed how the post is prefaced with Dallas.

RIF.

Brooklyn is only mentioned because I know someone will try the ole "but he'd have a better roster in Atlanta!" argument. He doesn't care, he wanted Brooklyn when they had Deron and scraps, he'll still want Dallas with Dirk and scraps.

Edited by MaceCase

For a copy and paste pro you're achieving your job with great vigor because it's obvious you don't actually comprehend and digest what you copy......

I'm not talking about Brooklyn......Noticed how the post is prefaced with Dallas.

RIF.

Brooklyn is only mentioned because I know someone will try the ole "but he'd have a better roster in Atlanta!" argument. He doesn't care, he wanted Brooklyn when they had Deron and scraps, he'll still want Dallas with Dirk and scraps.

Probably should have quoted multiple posts on you. I just ignored Dallas because he's not going there period. No assets whatsoever.

Reading that over again Im not sure what to believe. I dont know if he is just trying to save face or he feels that the Magic never cared about him as a person. Sounds like the man just needs a hug. lol Also sounds like his back is much much worse than I thought it was which makes any trade for him before he proves he is healthy a serious roll of the dice.

Yep, Dolfan23 those are real.I think Dwight needs to talk to his parents or somebody that he really trust because I actually starting to feel bad for him but he was his author of this Nightmare as well.That is the reason why Hawks and Rockets been lowballing the Magic, because he isnt 100% yet and its a big gamble to make a commitment like that..But I think he need some good home cookin for himself and his soul as well. Dwight, come back to the A.

• Premium Member

Things appear to be pretty quite right now, but that dosent't mean they are. I guess my gut is this is with what I have read:1. No one included the Hawks are offering what the Magic thinks is decent return, if they had he would have already been traded.2. I dont personally think the Hawks have offered Horford in a deal for Dwight.3. I think the Lakers and Dallas are out.4. Im not sure the Magic want to trade within the division.5. I think the NBA wants Dwight in a LA or NY market.6. I believe the Hawks will get Dwight..............gut feeling

Edited by Dolfan23
Moved from news thread to discussion thread