• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

****Dwight Howard Discussion Thread****

BusBoyIsBack

Im not saying Howard wont go to LA .... However you have to ask yourself what Orlando gets out of this? Houston has offered much more in terms of picks and taking back bad contracts. Is Bynum willing to re-up anywhere much less rebuilding projects in Orl or Clev? If Bynum isnt willing to sign an extension till the offseason like has been stated the are Clev going to give up a boatload of 1st round picks form him? This deal isnt as laughable as the deal to the Nets but its pretty dam close. Unless Bynum is willing to sign longterm this deal is doubtful at best.

One thing I disagree with alot of other posters about, is Harden has the potential to be a superstar type player. He's still young and could be that level. I agree about not giving him max type money, but I think OKC wants to keep him around. I'm less than enamored with Ibaka. We have Ibaka already in Josh Smith. No need for redundancy. Harden would be a possible option IF we fill other, more pressing needs and have the money to spend.

He's only able to produce like he does because it's easy for him. He is a 3rd option and teams look to stop him 3rd. As a first option he will be at the same level as Joe.

What happened to your Dwight Howard is Brooklyn bound thread?

Real funny.."Your Dwight Howard is Nets bound..." Well genius, the entire sports media world had him 85% headed that way until Orlando pulled out at the last second. Lakers could still fall apart, but one thing is for certain Dwight has not made verbal comments regarding Atlanta.. Things always seem to fall in Lakers lap so this is a closed deal if Bynum agrees. http://espn.go.com/l...akers-extension Edited by wolvetigers

We might not even have to give up Josh though when you think about it. Orlando wants picks and relief. Cavs are just a team to help them get that. We could give them that Houston pick and our pick then give them two expirings, plus they are already getting picks from the Lakers. The Cavs picks would not be that much better than ours since they would have Kyrie and Bynum plus a bunch of other young decent talent.

Im not saying Howard wont go to LA .... However you have to ask yourself what Orlando gets out of this? Houston has offered much more in terms of picks and taking back bad contracts. Is Bynum willing to re-up anywhere much less rebuilding projects in Orl or Clev? If Bynum isnt willing to sign an extension till the offseason like has been stated the are Clev going to give up a boatload of 1st round picks form him? This deal isnt as laughable as the deal to the Nets but its pretty dam close. Unless Bynum is willing to sign longterm this deal is doubtful at best.

Now that he knows that maybe NJ is dried up he will settle for LA.... The guy is just like the rest of these jerk offs now. They look for the easiest way out. That's what it's about.

ibaka isnt a center he is a power forward. outside of blocking shots and hitting a occasional jumpshot he isnt good at anything else. and some dumb gm is going to throw 10+ mil at him. We wont have a chance at harden cause last time i checked they were starting negotiation talks so no restrict free agency for him.

Some people think Horford isn't a Center but he is a combo PF/C and so is Ibaka. He played Center throughout the playoffs, they practically left Perkins on the bench 60% of the time.

I love that some of the same "let's get rid of Joe for table scraps because his contract kept us locked in place!!!" folks are now screaming "let's go use that cap space to sign good but not great players to get us stuck in playoff purgatory all over again YAY!!!" Insane. You either have superstars to win a ring or you go find one. Settling for the Hardens of the world is exactly that: SETTLING.

If JJ were 25 or 26, I'd bet we wouldn't have traded him but at 31 and losing speed and hops, it was a BAD deal. Ibaka is TWENTY-TWO and "The Dream" has requested to teach him. IF Olajuwon sees greatness in him, why can't you? We pay Horford 10 mil a yr and we pay Josh even more, why not Ibaka? How do you stop the Heat? Stop them from getting to the basket and with Ibaka, Horford and JSmooth, you can EASILY do that. Ibaka isn't 26 or 27 he's 22 meaning he will be good for a LONG time.

• Premium Member

Your absolutely wrong. Now unless you see superstars growing on trees you do the next best thing. Build a deep complete team that is balance and has leadership and good coaching. JOE JOHNSON, is good but not a leader and Harden has enormous potential and loves to play within the team, Now we still need a floor leader..It's going to be extremely challenging to get Chris Paul so Harden/ Ibaka/ tyreke Evans are options...Maybe not Superstars but could shine bright enough in ATL to get unto the ECF

I'm wrong? Really? Even in your own POST you just said the BEST we could do is GET TO the conference finals. Whoopee freaking do! I'm about winning titles not settling for being once again a good but not great team. You either have superstars or you do whatever it takes to get them. Harden and Ibaka are not superstars.

• Premium Member

Some people think Horford isn't a Center but he is a combo PF/C and so is Ibaka. He played Center throughout the playoffs, they practically left Perkins on the bench 60% of the time. If JJ were 25 or 26, I'd bet we wouldn't have traded him but at 31 and losing speed and hops, it was a BAD deal. Ibaka is TWENTY-TWO and "The Dream" has requested to teach him. IF Olajuwon sees greatness in him, why can't you? We pay Horford 10 mil a yr and we pay Josh even more, why not Ibaka? How do you stop the Heat? Stop them from getting to the basket and with Ibaka, Horford and JSmooth, you can EASILY do that. Ibaka isn't 26 or 27 he's 22 meaning he will be good for a LONG time.

Ibaka will never be a superstar in this league. Never. He has almost zero offensive game and you think one offseason with Hakeem is going to magically give him superstar status?

Real funny.."Your Dwight Howard is Nets bound..." Well genius, the entire sports media world had him 85% headed that way until Orlando pulled out at the last second. Lakers could still fall apart, but one thing is for certain Dwight has not made verbal comments regarding Atlanta.. Things always seem to fall in Lakers lap so this is a closed deal if Bynum agrees. http://espn.go.com/l...akers-extension

Orlando didnt pull out of anything. They never wanted what the Nets had to offer, if they did then the trade would have happened before the JJ deal.Unless you think the Nets coveted JJ more than Dwight. If Bynum agrees to re-up with Orlando then a deal will most likely be done. If he refuses then I just dont see it. The whole Clev part of this rumour just seems too flawed. Why would Orlando turn down Houstons offer of several picks and a place to dump several bad contracts for Anderson V and a couple 1st round picks from Clev. Why would Clev give up a ton of picks for Bynum without an extension? Edited by NJHAWK

• Premium Member

Just say no to Ibaka and Harden for max money. Those guys games are not worth it. Regarding this newly rumored deal, if the Magic sign off on this, they're idiots. Everybody talks about this "tradition" of the Lakers getting great players gift wrapped to them like its a good thing which is sickening. If Orlando had any dignity about themselves, they would absolutely refuse to gift wrap the Lakers YET ANOTHER hall of fame center for virtually nothing.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Just say no to Ibaka and Harden for max money. Those guys games are not worth it. Regarding this newly rumored deal, if the Magic sign off on this, they're idiots. Everybody talks about this "tradition" of the Lakers getting great players gift wrapped to them like its a good thing which is sickening. If Orlando had any dignity about themselves, they would absolutely refuse to gift wrap the Lakers YET ANOTHER hall of fame center for virtually nothing.

I agree completely. I honestly don't know why other teams seem to buy into this mantra of being Triple AAA farm clubs so teams like the Lakers can come by and cherry pick their best players and offer crumbs in return. The Magic wouldn't even be getting Bynum in this proposed deal.

Now that he knows that maybe NJ is dried up he will settle for LA.... The guy is just like the rest of these jerk offs now. They look for the easiest way out. That's what it's about.

He may indeed settle for LA but it doesnt mean the Magic will settle for LA's offer especially if Bynum wont extend.

• Premium Member

He may indeed settle for LA but it doesnt mean the Magic will settle for LA's offer especially if Bynum wont extend.

But that's the thing. The Magic wouldn't even get Bynum. The would get Varejo and picks.

• Premium Member

Even if we do it the Spurs way we need a superstar. Tim Duncan is arguably the best Power Forward in the history of the game.

Exactly. People talk about the Spurs way as if these late first round or second round guys that are either foreign guys or guys with injury concerns that fall low are the way to do things. You can't forget what got the Spurs rings. It was superstar players. David Robinson anyone? Tim freakin' Duncan anyone? Heck they even have borderline superstar talent in Parker and Manu. I agree that Ferry is doing a good job by putting very efficient shooters on the roster and a couple of guards that can get to the free throw line (harris, lou) but we're still missing that giant piece of the puzzle: a superstar big man that makes all those pieces really work.

• Premium Member

In addition, I get this is a business. As a Hawks fan, you bet I'd love to get the best center in the game on the team. However, again, I do understand it's a business. That being said, you get told by Kobe that you would be Tyson Chandler and the third option on offense, James Worthy of all people comes out and publicly calls you a flip-flopper and now all of a sudden, you want play longterm for them? I know it's business, but really?

Anderson Varejo isnt even an expiring contract. Clevlands

But that's the thing. The Magic wouldn't even get Bynum. The would get Varejo and picks.

I have a few post in this thread about that. Its even funnier when you see that Varejo isnt even an expiring contract. So the Magic will get picks from Clev who will give up these picks even if Bynum doesnt extend his deal. The Magic will also take back Anderson Varejo instead of giving up bad contracts. yea, ok.

Anderson Varejo isnt even an expiring contract. Clevlands I have a few post in this thread about that. Its even funnier when you see that Varejo isnt even an expiring contract. So the Magic will get picks from Clev who will give up these picks even if Bynum doesnt extend his deal. The Magic will also take back Anderson Varejo instead of giving up bad contracts. yea, ok.

Orlando are giving up a bad contract or two to Cleveland, what's reported is just the basic framework for the deal.

• Premium Member

Exactly. People talk about the Spurs way as if these late first round or second round guys that are either foreign guys or guys with injury concerns that fall low are the way to do things. You can't forget what got the Spurs rings. It was superstar players. David Robinson anyone? Tim freakin' Duncan anyone? Heck they even have borderline superstar talent in Parker and Manu. I agree that Ferry is doing a good job by putting very efficient shooters on the roster and a couple of guards that can get to the free throw line (harris, lou) but we're still missing that giant piece of the puzzle: a superstar big man that makes all those pieces really work.

I agree. As bleek as this is beginning to seem, I'm willing to give Ferry a chance to see what move he makes next before I jump on board with hitting the detonation button.